[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey 4chan. I need some help getting over someone who was very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: tired.png (103KB, 595x744px) Image search: [Google]
tired.png
103KB, 595x744px
Hey 4chan. I need some help getting over someone who was very close to me. They had confessed feelings of love for me and I had returned them. However, he was in a relationship and so he picked his partner over me. Fair enough and all, I was okay with that decision. I encouraged it, even.

My issue is my feelings for him haven't gone away and before then he was one of four people I had ever trusted with anything. When I feel like I can't trust someone anymore I get panicked and confused and eventually it leads to masochism. I've ended up punching a brick wall enough times that my knuckles are really bruised.

I'm too scared to talk to people because I can't trust anyone right now. I just need to figure out how to get rid of my feelings for this guy and how I can stop resorting to hurting myself to get this pain out of my system. I've cut this guy out of my life for now so I and he can get over the other but I'm really struggling.

Ask any questions you need. Thanks guys.
>>
>>18387623
Hey Anon. If you really want to get over this guy you need to stop thinking about him. Focus on something else; work, excercise, painting, music, vidya or whatever you like. Occupy your mind.
>>
>>18387675
I've been trying all of these things, but often my thoughts always come back around to him. It's damn frustrating.
>>
>>18387727
Dealing with these kind of feelings are never easy. Wouldn't say i've beeen in your situation but i have been in similar ones trying to get over people that meant the world to me.

How long has it been? Are you feeling a little better with time?
>>
>>18387623
Weird for him to spill the beans when he's in a relationship. Doubt they're the healthiest couple around.

First, ya gotta stop punching the wall. Go for an intense bike ride or something, just drain yourself of that energy. It'll probably make you feel a lot better and ideally you'll be too tired to punch a wall.

I wouldn't count on those feelings going anywhere time soon. You should know now that nothing you read will just make them disappear, either.

Why do you feel you can't trust them anymore? Is there something specifically you want to tell them now but feel your confession of feelings is preventing it? If both of you feel the same way about each other, I imagine you're just feeling anxiety about them and that makes you uncomfortable. I've definitely been there. You don't necessarily need to "get rid" of the feelings towards them, that's just kind of not how it works.

I imagine you two are just kind of acting like nothing ever happened, right? I don't see why you don't think they can be trusted anymore because of it. You two were very open with one another and pretty trusting in that moment. Again, if he's openly confessing feelings towards you while in a relationship, I imagine he might have been gauging your interest because things weren't going so hot with his current situation.

For now the best advice I can offer without other info is the exercise. Healthiest way to get rid of that energy inside.
>>
>>18387737
It's been about a week and a bit. I thought it would have been easier with the short length of the fling that we had but I was wrong.

>>18387756
I usually go on a really long run to try and drain the energy, but it's the pain I enjoy. Short and sharp. Usually I try and stop it, but often it's a really powerful impulse.

I feel I can't trust people anymore because growing up with shit parents never helped a bit. It was abusive to an extent. No point reporting it though, because there isn't enough evidence and I don't live at home anymore. I don't want to tell him anything more than I already have, I've said pretty much everything.

And nah, we're acting like things have changed. They have, big time. Like I said, I cut him out of my life. We aren't talking.

Exercise is something I've thrown myself into, yeah. Usually cardio, since I don't want to build up much muscle.
>>
>>18388098
Well you didn't say there was a "fling" before. He cheated on his girlfriend with you? I'll assume just some kissing, which isn't the worst crime ever, but it's pretty telling.

You shouldn't cut him completely out. You two are going to have to talk again if you want to salvage anything from this, and you should. A little over a week of silence isn't too bad but I'm guessing he's feeling as weird about it as you, especially if he has a girlfriend who he has cheated on now with you.

Like I said you're just going to have to talk to him. I don't quite understand your trust thing, seems all over the place. But I get that you're probably going through a lot mentally right now. Again, you're not just going to "get over" him like you said in the OP, that can take a lot of time (assuming you're just going to phase him out, which like I said I don't recommend) and it would be a lot more than a week. Losing a good friend, especially one you're interested in, can take months to really recover from. If you don't want to feel that, or at least postpone it until you know for sure that you two should stay apart, talk to him first. Just ask him how he's doing and what his thought process is here.
>>
>>18387623
nigga you gay
>>
>>18387623
Normal feelings. You only lose these feelings when you find somebody else equally as important to you.

If you wanna talk things through, I have too much free time and will listen.
Invite me to a discord or give me your discord id idk
>>
I find music helps with most emotions, whether it be for killing or venting them.

Song name is Sober to Death by Carseat Headrest
https://youtu.be/wFlykhpRfU4
>>
>>18387623
I am sorry to be an asshole anon, but this is what happens when you try to chase someone in a relationship. It never ends well, and can never end well. You just end up hurting them and yourself. Take this as a life lesson to not go chasing people whom are already taken.
>>
>>18388719
To add to this. You killed your friendship, and unfortunately you cannot undo that kind of mistake. When his girlfriend finds out, she will absolutely make him cut all contact with you. But lets say by some miracle you end up together. Well, that wouldn't help you either because you started a relationship with someone on bad faith. Do you honestly think he wouldn't cheat on you too? Move on and try to rebuild your life.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.