[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like an immature fuck and I want to change that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

After an event that occured yesterday night I came to the conclussion that I'm an immature guy. I tend to get mad easily without arguments, I sometimes don't know how to take a joke and something that I hate about myself, I don't know what to do when someone "roasts" me or how do you call it, do I turn it back(but I'm not the guy to come with lines) or I ignore it?

I just want to sort these things out because it affects my friendships and relationships. I'm mostly a good guy with friends, but sometimes I do some retarded shit and it backfires
>>
>>18387271
Brother I used to have the same problem.All I did is try chill.Now,I know that sound cheese bit hear me out. 1Take into consideration who is picking on you/roasting.If friend,laugh and shrug it off.If anyone else seem interested in hearing out the roast and play it cool like "you can't base that on anything mate". Taking a joke is hard desu.Just try to hide the anger and after a while it won't bug you as much.Hope that helps a bit
>>
>>18387289. I meant to be honest (desu) not desu.Fucking weeb phone
>>
>>18387296
nah mate it's a fucking weeb site.
>>
>>18387302
This shit weird man whenever I type t.b.h (to be honest)it changes to desu
>>
>>18387289

It helps. I just always seem to be the one that is picked on even though they don't have anything above me. And I want to just go with the flow, but I can't it always backfires.

I think it is my nature to talk, I sometimes say something and then it backfires, I don't know. I tried being more silence and all, but I can't.

Last night I fucked it up with my friends because of a misunderstanding and it makes me angry. I don't want to be like this, the pussy one who doesn't know how to take a joke and gets mad fast.
>>
>>18387314
If you want the stuff you say to not backfire you have to say them with confidence.Have great eye contact.straight posture and and speak loudly.You won't believe the shit I have told (in class) to most girls and gay guys
>>
>>18387314
Perhaps it's time to find new friends? Sometimes people will bring out the worst in you, and that's okay. You just don't vibe.
>>
>>18387323

They're the people I've been to kindergarten, school and high-school with. The ones that I know for the shortest period of time in the group have been for 4 years. I don't think it is their fault as much as mine
>>
>>18387316

Tried that but it won't cut it. I think I have to apply the ignore treatment and see how it goes. I'm not good with comebacks, hence why I should go silent in a corner and mind my business
>>
>>18387332
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you OP
>>
>>18387340

>>
>>18387271
I've been there.
Step one is realizing you have a problem.
CONGRATULATIKNS!!! you have achieved step one!!!
Step two is identifying your triggers. I know the word has an annoying connotation, but we all have that thing that pisses us off, sends us off the handle. Just got to know what it is.
Then you know When to talk away.
Hardest part is stopping yourself in the middle of the argument. When you realize all of a sudden you're overreacting, and it's either back Dow, or double down.
Learn to back down.
>>
>>18387370

It isn't a word. There are some jokes that simply will make me react. Probably it is my masculinity combined with insecurity that I don't want to be made fun of but shit is toxic and I want to get rid of it
>>
>>18387306
It's a filtered term
>>
>>18387374
I didn't imply it was a word.
If you are hanging out with certain people who are repeatedly striking a sore spot with you, then you need two think about why you hang out with them, and why they think comments like that are ok. N

Friends can break your balls, but they should be friend who support you and know your struggles. Family can read balls, but there is a difference between kicking you while your down and giving you shit.

Think about why people treat you the waytheydo. If you don't like it, then you have to step before it reaches that boiling point.
If you have to cut people out,the do. But is it them being dicks, or is it you, going Joe Pesci?

If someone pisses you off, just tell them BEFORE you see red.
>>
>>18387387
Why tho
>>
>>18387392

The one that made me sad was a joke a guy made towards me and my gf. Since she is younger than me(17) they often like to make fun of this subject. I accepted it the other times and let them have the time of their lives, but the one from yesterday was made when she was there as well and that seemed like a dick move. So I said to him that at least I have a girlfriend and he is not, something like that. Then it backfired to me somehow and then they all started laughing. I felt a bit shit knowing that I lost that and it was in front of my gf. But I didn't make a fuss about it, I accepted my lose and went on with it.
>>
>>18387271
Have an mantra that you repeat internally while people piss you off, that you split into two parts. One while breathing in, one while breathing out.

"Lord Jesus Christ" "Have mercy upon me"
"Bless him Lord" "Bless my enemy"
For a /rel/fag

"I'm one with the force" "The force is with me"
For a sw nerd.

"I am calm" "I am superior"

You get my drill.

It helps a lot.
>>
>>18387447

Never thought of this. Will try next time. Hopefully I will keep my shit since words aren't my greatest strength
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.