[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/, long time no see. I just want to get your perspective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1487834092612.gif (2MB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
1487834092612.gif
2MB, 250x277px
Hi /adv/, long time no see. I just want to get your perspective on a situation. Not really advice, as there is no actionable stuff now, just want perspective.

>be on date last night
>i'm a guy she's a girl if that matters
>expensive sushi restaurant, really good, like world-class
>afterwards, we get pretty drunk
>she is mocking me for my pale skin (playfully, I took no offense to it)
>she said that I'm pale because I sit inside all day on the computer (true, I'm in finance)
>this is where I fuck up
>I say "sitting inside working on the computer all day is how I can buy thousand dollar dinners"
>she flips her shit
>starts yelling at me in the streets (we were leaving a bar)
>I immediately recognize that it was a douchey thing to say and apologize profusely (I'm really not that kind of guy, I just thought we were doing banter I guess)
>keeps yelling but eventually calms down
>I am an emotional person and don't really have conflict like that very often, kinda started to tear up a little bit (I know this is a bitch move, I was drunk and the whole conflict was very shocking to me)
>really messed with the tone of the rest of the evening, but we ended up making out, albeit drunkenly, at the end anyway
>she took an uber home late, I texted her saying "hey I had a great time tonight, sorry for the drama, but I really did enjoy dinner and your company and I hope that we can hang out again soon"
>no response

I am not upset, we were not a good fit, but I just want to get some random anonymous opinions of how bad that situation was, scale of 1 to 10.
>>
>>18387028
I don't think you really messed up, she was making fun of you for something that is hard to control (skin color) and you said well that's how I make money - maybe you shouldn't have mentioned how much dinner was for sure! But if you spent 1k on a dinner truly with this girl, then she really has no place in saying anything because you did something incredibly nice.

She was drunk, you were drunk and yes drunk people get emotional. Still you spent a ton of money on the night and at least got a little something out of it. Move on and note your mistakes. Also for christ sake don't spend that kind of money on first/mid dates!
>>
>>18387028
Would you you yell at someone in the streets over some edgy remark? Would you yell at someone in the streets after they've taken you to a world class restaurant and you've eaten like a queen on his money?

How much of a cunt would you have to be to do exactly that? Why the fuck are you such a pussy and can't tell her to just shut the fuck up. Your remark wasn't really offensive. Man I'd suck your dick to go to such a restaurant and listen to your stupid jokes all night and this cunt has the nerve to actually yell at you?
>>
I'm sorry Op, but this was clearly not your fault. You didn't sound douchey at all, I don't understand how that remark could offend her? You should be glad she's doing the favour of ignoring you. Have some standards and stay away from overly sensitive people.
>>
You did absolutely nothing wrong. I like your response. No sane person would take what you said in that manner, you dodged a bullet.
>>
File: 1490384234163.jpg (29KB, 398x356px) Image search: [Google]
1490384234163.jpg
29KB, 398x356px
>>18387028

I feel like there is something you're not telling us. You're whole "I said a douchey thing then she started yelling at me" story doesn't make any sense. It feels like there is a piece missing. Why would someone start yelling at you for some off-color comment about your finances?

Yeah, there's something you're not telling us.
>>
>>18387028
Honestly I've heard people be bitchy about their money. You weren't. And in my opinion bantering about how your pale skin is only a consequence of your fantastic job was perfectly okay...seriously, she was mocking you, it's perfectly fine if you have a sly come back. If you were dating me (I'm a gurl) I would have laughed and praised your pale skin.

She sounds as if she has some sort of weird hidden insecurity that set her off. Just ignore her from now on. I'm assuming how you tell the story is accurate so take my words with a grain of salt.

And hearing about this fancy shit makes me wish I went into finance...oh well, an artist poorfag's life for me.
>>
File: 1481304950938.png (51KB, 127x188px) Image search: [Google]
1481304950938.png
51KB, 127x188px
Well I appreciate all of the responses. I like to dine out at special restaurants in my city and usually do so alone. I met her at a bar and found out through our conversation that she is very knowledgeable about food, particularly sushi, and suggested that we go eat someplace special together.

>>18387179
I guess that the only missing piece is that she did reach for her wallet at dinner, but I think that it was an empty gesture. PLUS it didn't matter, I was happy to pay.

>>18387191
Bottom line, creating art is objectively more meaningful than shifting numbers around so don't feel bad. I'm sure you'll meet somebody who will be the yin to your yang in terms of lifestyle and all that if that's what you're looking for.

>>18387144
>Why the fuck are you such a pussy and can't tell her to just shut the fuck up.

Yeah, that's the big takeaway here. But at the same time I do actually think it was not gentlemanly of me to mention the actual cost of the dinner. I offended her unintentionally, which some say is the sign of somebody who is not a gentleman.

>>18387175
>>18387159
>>18387100

Thanks. Like I said I really don't think that we're a good match at all, and am not upset that things went south, I am just reflecting on the situation.
>>
I don't think you said anything bad. At worst it's a bit lame to brag about your income (if that's how you intended it) but there's a very big gap between something lame and something so offensive that you flip out and start screaming.

You'll never really know what was going through her head, maybe she had some weird bad experience involving money, maybe she has a shitty job and she's really insecure about it, maybe she's just prone to emotional outbursts like that... There's little value in analyzing it further
>>
>>18387245
Huh, sounds like she was probably shocked by the price (along with having some serious anger issues).
>gentleman
Just loosen up; there's really no criteria that properly dictates who a gentleman is. That, and saying to her how much money you're gonna spend would have been just as bad/awkward as what happened...

Then again you shouldn't have taken her to such a restaurant to begin with. Letting random girls know you're rich? Isn't that supposed to be the last thing you're supposed to do with poorer girls you recently met? The few richfags I've know seem to follow that rule.

>art
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
I'm doing pretty well for myself, have my own business and all. I love my work...even so, I can't help guiltily think about money and status sometimes. I was supposed to carry on the "legacy" of my high roller millionaire grandpa like my family expected me to and basically failed.
>>
lol wtf. that's bizarre. also
>$1000 dinners
fucking christ OP this was a first date? mate keep it simple at first. you've got the whole city at your fingertips for dates. you're the foody guy. anyone can take a girl to a super high end place and pay a shit ton to impress them. you wanna know how you really get to know a girl and if she's worth your time or if she's so full of herself that you're going to be on ice the whole relationship? take her to that lesser known place that has brilliant food but it's more character than fancy. more takeout than ramsey in the pocket book. see if she appreciates the company and the food more than the bank account. you know all the perfect joints as the foody guy I'm sure. I know a couple but I envy your grasp on your city's spots.
>>
>>18387354
Good for you. Yeah, like I said, I just usually eat alone and was happy to have the company. Anyway fuck the bullshit, the most important thing is to do you, and art is valuable not just in and of itself but also to society, so have no shame.

>>18387389
To be fair I wasn't really sure that we were doing a very datey date in the first place. I mean I'm a guy and she's a girl, but the focus was on just going to eat the food. It turned into a date over the course of our conversation during and after dinner. But yeah it also became apparent that it was a bad date, so there's that.
>>
Anyway thanks for all of the thoughtful responses. I'm off to bed. The whole situation was pretty funny and interesting so I'm happy to get your viewpoints as well as just share the little story. Take care everybody
>>
>>18387028
Anyone who tops a world-class sushi dinner with getting drunk is too young to have so much money.
>>
>>Why the fuck are you such a pussy and can't tell her to just shut the fuck up.

>Yeah, that's the big takeaway here. But at the same time I do actually think it was not gentlemanly of me to mention the actual cost of the dinner.

Here's my 2 cents, let's break what's missing itt into caveman speech:
>she said something jokingly, and you brushed it off with a comeback
You passed the shit test
>you said something jokingly and she took offence
She "failed" your "shit test", which in turn automatically qualifies as another shit test against you
At this point you shouldn't continued with the banter, not fall for her emotional trap. Save the situation by making her realize what you said isn't a big deal, and possibly quite funny (on the same level as what was previously said.)
Crying about isn't making you look any better.

The fact that you made out is a good save, but you're left with a bad taste, and aren't considering this person a good match

Fact of the matter is, she's probably not so bad. Yes, she's testing you, but so does most women (this is actually a good thing, when you know how to always pass - protip: always be outcome-independent with a sense of humor and assertiveness)
If you're above the whole game, good for you for not considering dating women who aren't confident and independent enough to leave testing out of it, but please consider what other anons have said
>don't have dinner as first date
>see first date as a job interview, where you're assessing whether they are worth spending money on (the dinner CAN happen on the same day, if it's a good date and you're both free)
>don't make it routine to pay for dates, she should also make an effort. If she can't afford expensive restaurants, suggest that she invites you over and you cook something together at her place, for variation
>>
>>18387500
>shouldn't continued
Sorry, SHOULD'VE CONTINUED
>>
>>18387245
I mean, even if your comment was off or a provoking you don't yell at people on the street because something like that. Most of all if they just spent their money on you. That's a whole other leveo of entitlement
>>
you work in finance - finance - of all professions, and a girl made you cry?

JFC, what the hell is the world coming to?

pic related
>>
>>18387245
Don't fall for the chilvarly meme. That's how the gold diggers get you. In future always be respectful to your date but insist they pay for half of everything (at least for the first 2-3 dates, after that you could probably trust them enough) otherwise you will only attract gold diggers.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.