[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Do You Fall Out of Love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maka-077-animestockscom.jpg (27KB, 394x286px) Image search: [Google]
maka-077-animestockscom.jpg
27KB, 394x286px
So I've developed feelings for this one guy and I feel incredibly stupid for it.

He doesn't like me back and I know he never really will for a good amount of reasons. He's already out of my league. He's really attractive, worked hard to earn his dream job, and he almost has this innocent kindness and gentleness. I really can't help but find him amazing. Yeah he has faults. He's a big dork, got a big stubborn side, can't take a picture to save his life, and I swear he must be too naive to know he drives my heart crazy sometimes with the things he says.

He really makes me want to be a better person, someone worthy of dating him. At the same time I know it wouldn't work out. I have a hard time holding conversations with him sometimes. He's a lot older than me (22-32). My brother lives in the same apartment complex as him along with some other friends. We're all close but they don't like the idea of the two of us (mostly due to age).

I've tried dating other guys but I haven't found anyone. Worried it's because I like this guy too much. How do I get out?
>>
you don't
>>
>>18386809
Out of sight out of mind.

Cut all contact, eat ice cream and wait.
>>
>>18386809
Let me guess, you are younger than 18 aren't ya?
>>
>>18386809
time and space. Its always sufficient.

>knowledge is a mirror.
Spend time learning things -- you will learn more about yourself. Like yourself first before you like someone else.
>>
>>18388624
OP here. Little impossible. He lives in the same apartment complex as my sibling and friends. And no one is moving out anytime soon.
>>18388652
I'm 22, he's 32.
>>
>>18388624
Don't tell OP to eat ice cream. Getting fatter will not help her cause. OP, do what a man would be forced to do in this case. Work hard to better yourself - hit the gym, get educated, get financially fit, and overall be the type of woman your crush would want to be with. Only until you do that will you feel worthy of his love. Even if you did manage to sucker him into dating you as you are now, you'd always feel insecure believing he'd eventually leave you for someone better...unless you earn him.
>>
>>18389483
I'm kinda already doing that. I'm working for two master degrees right now in school and have an interview tomorrow for a full time position. It's in retail but with no experience in that field and mostly college tutoring on my resume this is the best I can ask for at the moment. I know I'm capable of a lot and if I work hard I can only achieve and improve myself. I will do my best and eat ice cream when I earn it ^u^.

Part of this is because I feel encouraged by him to do just what you said, to become a better person. Still I feel like I shouldn't feel this way. Because even if I continue trying like I am he may not notice me due to age or because I'm not his type. I'm also worried this determination to become a better person is just for him and not at all for myself. I'm really confused and I think I'm better off falling out of love if I can.
>>
>>18386809
>I swear he must be too naive to know he drives my heart crazy sometimes with the things he says.

What kinds of things does he say?
>>
>>18389576
There's been a lot of times we've hung out at parties. He'll do stuff like hold my cheek in his palm and tell me I'm beautiful and amazing. I'll start getting butterflies in my stomach. Then he'll pinch my cheek and tell I'm adorable, like a kid sister, or remind me how young I am. It feels like an anvil just dropped on my head. He also has a habit of calling me love and lovie and he sends me heart emojis in texts. I've seen him talk this way to other girls he's friends with so I know he means this all platonically, but it still makes me heart flutter. I don't think he realizes that doing this all can be read, well, romantically.
>>
>>18389556
>I'm also worried this determination to become a better person is just for him and not at all for myself.

Does it matter? If you become a better human being, you've gained nonetheless. You may not earn him, but likely you'll find someone just as good, if not better (and your age).
>>
>>18389601
Wow, I wish it was this fucking easy to court a girl.
>>
>>18389707

That's actually a good point. I really can't lose the progress I'm making through the method I've pursued. I think I'm just scared I will start to lose my drive as its connecting to my interactions with one guy. I don't want to stop moving forward even after I finish schooling and land a career in my field. If he eventually makes me feel hopeless or breaks my heart accidentally or not, I could lose my motivation. If I get over my romantic feelings instead I might be able to avoid that.

>>18389714

I think it only works because I admire him a lot. I really see view this guy as an incredible person, so when he flatters me or talks to me as he does I just trust the things he says and just fall more for him. If a guy who was only cute did this stuff it would be a little bit much.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.