[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice. I live with my mom, and a year and a half

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1278728021774.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1278728021774.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
I need some advice. I live with my mom, and a year and a half ago I had my friend move in as a roommate. I found out afterwards, he does hardcore drugs. Reality, Meth. But he seemed to have his head on straight and he was a hard worker, so I turned a blind eye as long as it wasn't in the house figuring he was slowing down and he would quit (plus I smoked pot and I didn't want to be a hypocrite). The use spiraled up again when my mom went to KY for a vacation to see her sister and it was just me and him. Whatever, I figured. It'll just whittle down again soon. Which it did, but then I found out my mom has cancer. I told my friend he'd have to move out in a few months because my mom wanted her house back and it was more than likely possible she might not survive. I also have been getting stressed out lately because of his usage and I'm wanting it around the house less and less as I see the type of atmosphere and demeanor it brings (He himself is not a bad guy, just I believe bad choices) .. So, a week ago, his GF who visits and practically lives in the back room with him (he paid $50 a week for both him AND her), in an effort to end her life, set the back-room (their bedroom) on fire. I've told him she's not welcome back, and I've told him since there's no back room now, he's gotta be out soon as him staying in the house would cause too much stress on my mom. He recently told me I'd have to evict him, which he knows I don't have the money to do. I don't want to get cops involved, but if they do; I know he would get hit hard, but would I, who has no control over his drug and just turned a blind eye, get hit just as hard or would they show a little leniency towards me as I'm basically my moms only caregiver. I allowed him to stay because he was a close friend, and we needed the money bad. But lately it's become more of the money we get just breaks even after bills and food. I just need some legal advice
>>
>>18386188

hes not on the lease or anything so the laws arent nearly the same. you can warn him if he doesn't move out on his own hes goign to find his stuff outside without any warning. and then if he doesn't make a plan, you move his stuff outside without any warning. if he tries to break in, call the cops.

as for you, just quit pot, threaten to go to the cops about the meth and watch him scramble the hell out of there.

i know hes a nice guy but if you dont own a gun it might be a good idea to get one, meth heads can be crazy once push comes to shove.

but yeah just quit. they cant drug test you becaus someone says 'HE SMOKES POT IN THE PRIVACY OF HIS OWN HOME' the cops wont care. but if you say 'THIS METH HEAD WONT LEAVE MY HOME THAT MY MOM IS ON THE LEASE FOR AND HE AND HIS GF BURNT DOWN THE ROOM' then yeah they're going to push him out.

it wont come to that though. if you nut up and threaten it will be very easy.
>>
>>18386188
>hello 911, my friend has been living with me. His girlfriend set the bedroom on fire and he does meth, can you please evict him?

Grow a spine faggot. Your mom is dying and you dont wanna step on a the toes of a freeloading junkie?
>>
A cop told me cause he gets his mail here that it'd be much harder to evict him than just changing locks.. Is that true?
>>
>>18386198
i second this
>>
>>18386199
Nope. That doesn't mean jack shit buddy. Just wait for him to leave the house one day and throw all his shit out. Simple as that
>>
>>18386198
>>18386573
911 is for emergencies. Just walk in to the sheriffs office and explain your situation. Sherrifs deputies are total bros compared to police.
>>
>>18387435
>>18386198
THAT.
>>
>>18386198
This

Tell him he has 24 hours to move or you move him, I doubt he has any sort of contract with homeowner so you don't have to fuck around with eviction, just move shit out of your property and change locks.
>>
>>18387435
I love my local sheriffs. wouldn't trade them for anything. Except the one who accidentally killed someone during a civilian training thing but he's gone now.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.