[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression fucking sucks anon. How does one deal with it when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1494537945886.png (3KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494537945886.png
3KB, 600x600px
Depression fucking sucks anon.

How does one deal with it when the meds aren't working?
>>
>>18385697
1. exercise, proper diet, good quality sleep, lower drug and alcohol intake. Stick to it or it wont work.

2. Stop giving a fuck (that helped me a ton)

3. find a hobby or passion that is difficult. When you produce results from it it is rewarding and makes you happy. again stick with it, or it wont work
>>
http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/06/16/things-that-sometimes-help-if-youre-depressed/
Look into this. There's a lot of other options if your meds aren't working or aren't working well enough.
>>
Stop relying on meds and tell me what's your problem.

t. a person that suffered from depression for over 10 years and managed to finally fight it off
>>
>>18385861
Not OP but I've had this shit my whole life. Recently a failed "marriage" and the loss of being able to see my toddler son every day is getting to me. Combined with being stuck in a town I've always wanted to leave so I can see my son when my ex will let me/when my energy is high enough. I'm 23, kid was unexpected, but love him more than anything nonetheless. I also have no support system here and lost my job and ended up in the psych ward briefly then on welfare. Welfare runs out this month and I need to find a job and a place to live that is affordable and will let me bring my kid over sometimes. Crushingly hard in a small city. Also I got scammed by the current landlord and live next to a babbling schizophrenic/methhead so I can't bring my son over. Ex and her family like to tear me down and watch me fail. I just want to leave but don't wish to leave my son behind. What do I do? I am capable. I feel most of my mental issues and welfare were because of being emotionally rekt everyday by an abusive cunt and her mother. My son loves me more than anything and we get along better than I have with anyone else in my life. I haven't been able to see him in two weeks and I have no car and my ex and son live across town. What do?
>>
>>18385954
Jesus, anon. Doesn't seem like depression, more like a lot of actual problems in life causing mental problems.

You should probably limit contact with your ex and her family or confront them. If they like to tear you down you should react. Also start looking for a job. If you can't find motivation, think about your son and his future.

If you can't you should probably just move out. Visit your son in a year or two.
>>
>>18385979
That's exactly what I've been thinking. I do confront them but they smugly react and act like they'll just use it against me in court. This is the pits.
>>
File: noose_pepe.jpg (12KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
noose_pepe.jpg
12KB, 374x374px
>>18385697
>How does one deal with it when the meds aren't working?
>>
sunshine
>>
>>18385697
Maybe listening to Jordan B. Peterson, If you know him.
>>
>>18385697
Depression doesn't work solely on meds, you need professional help, also try to talk to people you trust how you feel.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.