[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i a shitty friend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

One of my best friends who i met two years ago was dating this girl
Long story short, they arent dating anymore
But this girl and i are extremely good friends and i was her vent everytime she needed to get some shit off of her mind (Love this dude to death but he isnt a very good boyfriend so her and i talked alot)
Her and i also developed feelings for eachother and have been fooling around sexually behind his back
He says he has moved on from her but i dont know if he really has, i can read him pretty easily
Does this make me a shitty friend by fooling around with this girl?
>>
>>18385401
Sure does
>>
>>18385401
I dunno, how long has it been?
Its not like your friend owns her, they aren't together.

If its been like a week, then maybe your shitty, if its been a year, then whatever, stop being a pussy, stop hiding your actions, and go bang your new gf
>>
>>18385412
He knows about it though and has told me that its okay.
She and i dont mess around anymore being this was a couple months ago, if thats any consolation.
Not to mention he was sneaking around with an ex of mine as well.
Neither of us are upset at eachother
>>
>>18385401
>behind his back
>shitty friend
Yup. Fuck you on your friend's behalf, you cowardly, no-integrity, self-serving asshat.
>>
>>18385424
It's been months.
They broke up last december and have grown apart since then, they also do not talk to eachother anymore
>>
>>18385401
Yeah it does but lots of people do that, doesn't make you a bad person, just untrustworthy. Besides not all friendships last forever
>>
>>18385427
I mean, he doesn't sounds like a great friend either. Really the main reason you shouldn't messed around with a friend's ex is the possibility of running into any residual feelings they may have for each other, he definitely doesn't own her, but that doesn't mean it can't build into resentment on either side.
>>
>>18385431
I feel like shit about it so thats fair
But the thing is i went to him about it and talked and apologized and he is okay with it.
He's forgiven me because we both have kind of been shitty friends to eachother, and by coincidence, both the actions that he made and the actions that i made were made while under the influence
>>
>>18385439
Hallmarks of terrible advice:
"but lots of people do that"
"doesn't make you -bad-, just a bad thing!"
"besides, uh, hehe, nothing lasts forever amirite"
OP knows he dun wrong because he wasn't above board with his doings.
If he had been honest, this would be a different question entirely.
>>
>>18385439
>lots of people do that
>not all friendships last forever
You're right but that doesnt really make me feel any better
>>
>>18385452
I was honest and up front about it
>he knows everything
>we have confronted eachother about it and made up, there is no harsh feelings on either end
>>
>>18385446
Well, that's excellent then, you already did what you should do. Good friends communicate, and forgive - so long as it's not a habit.
Almost every man fucks up like this somewhere along the line. Good for you for learning from it.
Time to move on, not worth feeling guilty about anymore - use your memories to be honest if you find yourself in the same situation.
>>
>>18385459
>lies are bad
>he fessed up later
Lies remain bad
I will agree/samefag with >>18385461 though
>>
>>18385461
>>18385452
Thanks /adv/
gave me a little closure
Just wasn't quite sure how to feel about it
>>
>>18385434
Then you have your answer.

but don't hide it, thats immature. You don't need to announce it to him ether..

but if you are really worried, then tell him... if hes your friend and not a little bitch he'll be ok with it.
>>
>>18385487
I've told him awhile ago
>if he's your friend and not a little bitch
he would be perfectly justified if he were to be upset though
>>
>>18385510
You gotta look out for yourself dude

i say keep fuckin her, he'll get over it.
its not like you stole her from him.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.