[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isolated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: lonelinessbench.jpg (2MB, 1492x1120px) Image search: [Google]
lonelinessbench.jpg
2MB, 1492x1120px
Help! I'm isolated.

growing up i always had people around me, friends, my large family, schoolmates, roommates in college, whatever in a major city.

then i moved away and got a job. nobody i know here is a friend. my old contacts are on the other side of the contact. every day i'm alone, have nobody to go to, nobody to get a beer with save co-workers. it's been 6 years since i've actually lived in my home city and saw 'everyone' again.

i have don't have issues banging girls, but i have issues developing connections to them so i don't see myself getting a relationship so i can rule that past-trauma out

and i didn't like being pinned as the clown or beta of my friend groups so i separated away from them to build My Own circles.

I feel so alone, at work, at home, and phone calls with my family don't cut it. what should i do ???????? should i quit and move back home to where all the people i know and love are?

fuck man, i wish being a kid again, playing donkey kong 64 taking turns with a friend from school over, while my parents did other shit, my my friend's parents did older shit, and i was constantly surrounded by people who cared about me
>>
>>18385379
This is pretty common now a days, I can definitely relate. The only advice I can really give you is to explore your interests/ hobbies and meet people along the way. Lonliness is sort of part and parcel with the way industrialized societies are built, and it's not uncommon to fall into periods of isolation. What's important is not losing sense of yourself and continuing to develop yourself in the meantime.
>>
>>18385379
>i have don't have issues banging girls

*cough*normie*cough*
>>
I've found that loneliness goes hand in hand with self-hatred.
If you don't like yourself, loneliness will hit you twice as hard.
I grew up hating myself but with age I realized that I'm just a dude like everyone else, I started actually liking myself, I thought I was pretty rational and clever, it helped me out immensely and now I have a much easier time getting to know people.

Video games is a easy and fast way as long as you don't let them consume you, jump online with a mic and just banter with people, I've made a lot of friends that way.
>>
>>18385379
This is it senpai.

This question of loneliness has been thrown at /adv/ so many times yet we've never been given an proper answer.
>>
I need friends too, wanna talk?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.