[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trumpet playing - from Classic to Pop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170604_164050[1].jpg (3MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170604_164050[1].jpg
3MB, 2336x4160px
Sup /adv/, I play trumpet for about 12 years now (have made some pauses inbetween though) and mostly played classical stuff like pic related (baroque concerto), some symphonies and brass concerts.

I don´t study music (bcs I´m not that talented and lazy as shit), but I now want to try something new.
I´m an antisocial piece of shit so bands are out of the question.
What modern style or pieces can you recommend? I always wanted to try Blues or classic Jazz, but I´ve no fucking idea how to start.

Thx in advance. If I get more than 10 replies I´ll vocaroo some shit, maybe a sonata from Reger.
>>
>>18384452
Pop offers few models beyond Herb Alpert. But there are a host of major jazz trumpeters, from Armstrong on. Listen to some and see who you want to copy.
>>
>>18384452
Get up and get a job loser. Then go to the beach and maybe buy a piece of ass for the night. Nobody gives a fuck about some loser flute. We are too mest up in our own shit . hole. I'm watching cop drama on TV but looking to switch it up to live PD
>>
Learn some of the most used jazz scales, go out of your way to find others who also like jazz just improv your heart out with them.
-am jazz drummer this is how I got into it, now is job
>>
>>18384946
This. I was always afraid of playing music with others (also antisocial) but decided recently to say fuck it and join up with a few local musicians (experimental band) with my clarinet and holy moly has it been fun! Ive learned alot only after a few jam sessions and my playing has changed for the better.
>>
>>18384452
Jazz guitarist here, and here's my input.
You should do jazz, and the absolutely best way to start, as many will tell you is to learn/transcribe jazz solo lplayers
Listen to great jazz trumpeters like miles Davis, Louie Armstrong, Chet Baker, etc (my favs). Learn their lines all by ear, learn basic music theory and understand how these cats form the foundation for amazing improvisational skills.
Even other jazz players on other instruments will help you develop your ear.
Jazz will really open up a new door for you if you put in the time.
It also can be applied to blues, jazz is more complex though.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.