[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm [23/m] and I have trouble navigating my unwanted Asian fetish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 9402861625_72d34b89f4.jpg (138KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
9402861625_72d34b89f4.jpg
138KB, 500x375px
It is perhaps time to admit to myself that I have a subconscious racial preference towards Asian women. It doesn't manifest itself in watching anime, an unusual interest in Asian culture, or any other aspect other than the fact that I find Asian women more attractive and my history of dating corroborates my preference. I don't like them for stereotypical reasons because I'm a submissive man myself and I prefer dominant women; I like them because their aesthetics somehow appeal to my senses and I end up gravitating around them.

What should I do? Asian fetishism is quite stigmatized where I'm from, but I wouldn't want to hide it from future matches. I suppose the only logical follow-up that I can think of is having a discussion with my potential match about this and ask her opinions on it. I assume she'll feel objectified or replaceable, and it pains me that who I am should hurt anyone, but race is a very sensitive issue in the current political landscape, so hiding it seems unfair.

Anyone has any thoughts/experience about this? Please no bully
>>
>>18384106
Why would you even bring it up?
It is normal to have preferences, even strong ones. Just date those you prefer, you don't need to make a huge issue about it.
>>
>>18384106
Sorry bro but you're getting lumped in with the vaguely sexist/racist dudes who want to marry asian women because they're more submissive and demure than westerners.

Just shut up about it
>>
>>18384110
>>18384112
How can I even keep it a secret though? If she asks me about my previous dates, the past three girlfriends were Asian. Then she'll ask me what's up with that and what should I do? Lie to her all throughout the relationship when it's obvious I'm lying? Same with lying about my dating history--there's no way to keep it a secret without lying, so I thought it's best if I'm upfront about it early in the relationship rather than letting her find out and have an argument later on where I have the lower moral leverage for having kept this from her.
>>
>>18384120
What do you mean that their aesthetics appeal to your senses anyway? Is this America?
>>
>>18384120
No, you shouldn't. If she asks you, just tell her that you tend to find Asian women more attractive and that's really it for you. Tell her that you don't like her because she's asian and because of the stereotypes about asian women, but because she is gorgeous.
Again, don't make it a huge deal. And don't bring it up and make it an issue if it isn't an issue for her.
>>
>>18384106
I have the same issue.
I'm trying to forget this chick I met during my vacation. Shit
>>
>>18384125
No, it's UK, and I don't know what I mean--I guess I like the Asian features like their eyes and faces. It's a subconscious thing: if you give me 100 photos of white girls and 100 photos of Asian girls of similar degree of traditional prettiness, I'll have selected significantly more Asian photos to label them as attractive. When I walk down the street, I'm likely to turn my eyes after an Asian girl more than I am likely to turn my eyes after anyone else. Same with dating websites--scrolling through profiles I often select more Asian women to message.

I have dated black/white girls too, but I'm definitely lured towards the Asian girls more :/
>>
>>18384127
Lol that's actually genius! I only think it's such a big deal because people make it out to be (especially Asian women ranting about asian fetish) but if I ignore the societal shaming process and I just treat it as something insignificant then all is both good and sincere. If she decides to make a big deal about it then it's on her not on me.

That's genius anon thanks for solving my life
>>
>>18384130
Well its okay to have preferences so long as they're not misguided from some weird belief you have. Different people have different tastes.

Just keep your fetish low key and don't mention it to people and you'll be right
>>
>>18384140
Will do, thanks everyone ily
>>
>>18384120
First up, why would she ask you about the race of your previous girlfriends?
Second of all, if your previous girlfriend were white (I assume you're white), would she think you had some Euro-fetish or something?

Aside from their looks, did you like them as human beings? Did you shop around for poor women in third world countries? As long as you're not trying to take advantage of their situation and you feel equal to another person I don't see the problem.

I gravitate towards asian women as well, I'm neither sub/dom/nintendo switch or whatever, but I want a strong woman who has gone through higher education and has goals other than baby machine because I couldn't see that sort of person as equal.
>>
>>18384136
Been dating men who basically all look exactly the same for the last 10 years, I have experience in playing the "I have a type" card.
>>
>>18384142
>First up, why would she ask you about the race of your previous girlfriends?
Stuff comes up man; they always do eventually, at least in my experience. And the girl I'm talking to is no dummy at all.

>if your previous girlfriend were white (I assume you're white), would she think you had some Euro-fetish or something?
I think "racial fetishism" is defined as having a preference for a race other than your own, and people are crazy about racial stuff nowadays so you never know.

But I see your points--I see it as a big deal because I let them shame me with this, and actually making it a big deal would just backfire for no reason.

Good luck with your match-finding journey bro--plenty of intelligent, educated girls out there!
>>
>>18384143
Haha, thanks for sharing your wisdom; 4chan, the bastion of sanity in a crazily political world
>>
>>18384106
Lmao it's fine. I'm an asian dude who's only ever dated white girls before and there's nothing fucked about it. I have gotten comments about it before but you just need to dismiss them, you date who you want, not want society deems okay. Your Asian fetish is only a problem due to the stigma attached (and there is one), it's not inherently bad
>>
>>18384156
True words; I got brainwashed and culturally chastised by current events. I needa realise there's nothing wrong with me and act like that
>>
>>18384106
I'm an Asian woman, my bf has a huge fetish for Asian women. It made me uncomfortable at first but I'm pretty kinky so I eventually got into it.

I would recommend hiding it unless you're sure they'll be okay with it.
>>
>>18384149
Currently long distancing my japanese girlfriend so I'm working on it :)
Since she knows I'm into anime and stuff she was a little worried at first that I just liked her just because she was japanese regardless of her personality and she probably don't think she's as beautiful as I think she is but I'm working on making her feel that way.
I'm madly in love with her and considering our future.
All I know about my asian fetish is that it has nothing to do with demeanor and only with looks. But I wouldn't abandon her for someone "better" looking because I love her personality too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.