[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can accept that my friend is gay and will never love me back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: False Astronomy.jpg (279KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
False Astronomy.jpg
279KB, 1024x679px
How can accept that my friend is gay and will never love me back?
>>
>>18383487
Some context

We've known each other since we were kids but drifted apart during high school. I never stopped caring about them, but after getting back in contact and hanging out for the last few months, I'm realizing that I genuinely love them. They're on my mind constantly. We laugh at the same stupid shit, have similar interests and goals. I've never felt so comfortable around anyone. Just getting a text makes my day.

But I'm the wrong fucking gender. Just seeing them is painful. I want to tell them and get it all over with, but I'm scared of making things awkward and ruining our friendship. I don't want to stop spending my weekends watching getting pizza and watching shitty movies with them.
>>
>>18383487
there is no trick
just accept it
move on
>>
>>18383540
I had the same issue. If they're a nice dude and you tell them, it'll be fine. The only thing is, is that they know. The only thing that can ruin the friendship with awkwardness is if you make it awkward.
>>
Love is a powerful word and means different things to different people.

Friendship is a form of love, the two of you might not be sleeping together but if you're good friends, you do love each other.

Enjoy what you have, don't put labels on it, it'll just confuse the both of you because then you have a template of what your relation should be like and thus you aren't free anymore and the thing you had will be gone.

I'm low key in love with my bros, I don't know if they know and I don't care because since I haven't said anything they can't know for sure.
>>
>>18383561

Thanks for your input. I think that the confession itself wouldn't necessarily be awkward, but I'll still have residual feelings, and maybe that will make them less comfortable around me. I could tell and get nicely rejected, but I don't exactly know where I'd put those feelings, or how to handle them.

This is all assuming I'd muster the courage to tell them, though.

>>18383576
I want to believe this is true. Thanks for your perspective.
>>
>>18383487
I'm in the same situation, OP. Wish I knew the answer.
>>
>>18383487
Cut them off.
>>
>>18383487
You show them your strap on and tell them to let you fuck
>>
It makes no difference if they're homosexual or not, they don't love you. My ex is gay and they're in a straight relationship, they just care about their image ... move on.
>>
>>18384965
They've never claimed me as a significant order, and they're pretty open about their sexuality. I'm very aware they're (very, very) gay, and they don't really try to hide it. I know to move on, but I just would like to advice for how to do that. I can't make myself stop feeling a certain way about them in a second lol. Or can I?

I'm really sorry about your ex, though. I'm guessing they're under a lot of pressure? Still doesn't give them the right to set someone up for heartbreak though...
>>
>>18385048
significant *other*. Sorry.
>>
>>18385048
>I'm guessing they're under a lot of pressure?

Not like from their family. They are more into themselves than anyone else. Not exaggerating, but just don't consider their orinetation, theoretically if they "loved" you it would change.
>>
>>18385074
> Not like from their family. They are more into themselves than anyone else

Well shit. Part of me wants to give them the benefit of the doubt and guess that they're in denial or afraid of some sort of rejection from somewhere else, but that's shitty.

Also, I think I understand what you mean now. Gay or not, the primary thing is just that they don't reciprocate my feelings. Thanks for the perspective adjustment.
>>
Stop posting this thread OP you fucking pathetic faggot.
>>
>>18385651
I love you, too, anon. <3
>>
As other anons said, talk with him. Tell him that you'll remain friends no matter what and confess. That's what I did to my friend, only to find out that she's not bi, she's exclusively into girls. I thought I was happy like this but now, a month or so later things start to fall apart and I don't know what to do. We're still amazing friends but I'm getting more and more sad about everything. The good thing is I can tell her about it. Of course I'm not doing it regularly, I don't want to sound like I'm whining about her not liking boys but she's more or less up to date with my thoughts on the matter. Honesty is the best thing you can go for. But it does not guarantee closure. We came to a conclusion that since every action was rational and well thought out there isn't really any option left. Nobody's fault to correct, nothing to improve. It's a deeply saddening fact. But at least it's not me against her, it's us in face of the facts. I honestly don't know where it'll take us but I feel at last s bit confident that we'll remain friends through all of this
>>
How can I accept that my friend is probably straight and will never love me back?
He even has a girlfriend. He's the only person I've ever felt actually comfortable with, and he's the only person who's ever genuinely cared about me. I feel like if I tell him about my feelings for him he won't want to be friends any more and I'll be left all alone and probably kill myself because he's pretty much the only person I matter to.
>>
>>18386418
At this rate we'll have whole "incompatible sexualities" threads
>>
>>18386393
I'm in the exact same shit OP, but I'm not sure for how more long am I going to withstand this shit.
>>
>>18383487
why the fuck are you using the plural?

are you in love with a bunch of your childhood friends or is this some shitty preferred pronoun bullshit?

ps: get a real boyfriend.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.