[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know if ending a relationship was the right thing to do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: 120409_r22060_g2048-1200.jpg (133KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
120409_r22060_g2048-1200.jpg
133KB, 1200x803px
I ended things with my bf today. We've been fighting about everything lately, and I feel we're going in different directions. However, he was probably my only friend, and it hurts dreadfully to know I hurt him, although I don't know if I was actually romantically interested by the end. However, he was my best friend and now I feel absolutely abysmal.
How do I know if I made a mistake?
>>
You don't, but it's done now. Go on to the next thing, go take a walk in the beach, pretend you're Meursault.
>>
>>18383012
What, kill a random Arab?
>>
>>18382990
After every relationship I've been in, I've always questioned whether i made mistakes. You're going from being best of friends with someone to feeling awkward even looking at them.
If you're arguing a lot it definitely shows that something isn't right and it either has to be fixed with communication or left entirely. Nobody can make that decision except for you and/or your partner.

If you do end up breaking up you probably will feel regret, but don't get back together. Don't overthink and text him all your feelings. That's unhealthy af esp. If you end up getting back together and then splitting again; just leave eachother be for at least a month so you have time to process your emotions.

Everyone has made mistakes in relationships and has hurt people before, the best thing you can do is apologize. Don't expect them to accelt it right away, and at all, depending on how bad it is. The best you can do is try bot to make the same mistake twice, and to disassociate the bad thing from who you are. Better yourself.
>>
>>18383024
Thank you. I tried to be as gentle as possible.
>>
Fuck another person. You'll get over it real quick. Literally win through this shit with wife. As soon as we fucked other people we knew we should have split eons ago
>>
>>18383034
>Fuck another person. You'll get over it real quick. Literally win through this shit with wife. As soon as we fucked other people we knew we should have split eons ago
I am not ready for that yet. I am 18, and this was my first relationship. I'm at a bit of a loss.
>>
>>18383030
Nobody like being a heartbreaker, nut it's uo to him to process his emotions like an adult now. It's no longer your problem on how he handles it, no matter how poorly he's doing.
And I mean it. Don't be a dumb and text him emotional mess stuff if you really miss him. You'll probably end up regretting it more. Breakups are a rollercoaster of emotion and you may feel entirely different the next second.
Good luck, you'll feel better about it in time.
>>
>>18383048
But it's up to him**
>>
>>18383053
I got what you meant, and thank you.
>>
>>18382990
never make your spouse your only friend.
>>
>>18383060
>never make your spouse your only friend.
It wasn't planned. I'm only 18, and am in the final year of a very suburban high school that hates anyone vaguely different from bog standard.
>>
>>18383038
Fuck another person. You'll get over it real quick.

My advice hasn't changed. I am concerned that this did not occur to you sooner at your age. Too young to pull this crap.
>>
>>18383137
Pull what crap? We've been together for two years.
>>
>>18382990

its a relationship. there is no 'right or wrong.

in the future you will be sad. in the future you will also be happy. both of these things will happen regardless of if you stayed or broke up with him. varying degrees but there is no way to 'know' otherwise we'd just be psychic.
>>
>>18383139
Too young to treat this like it was a major portion of your life. 2 years when your 18 is a drop in the bucket. Relish what you had but don't dwell on it. Fastest way to get over it is to fuck someone else. You don't have to have sex with them per se the point is embrace what the world has to offer. I don't know who this guy was but there is a better guy out there ready to put homeboy to shame and be a better friend than you could have ever fucking imagined.
>>
>>18383156
I've never wanted casual sex. I don't think sex is the solution to loneliness.
>>
>>18383188
Oh jesus you're fixated on the sex. Fine, go out with friends or go out and do shit. Like please don't sit in a dark room looking at THAT picture of him listening to DIDO.
>>
>>18383188
I wonder what he meant by that:
>You don't have to have sex with them per se the point is embrace what the world has to offer.
>>
>>18382990
men are trash sweetie you did the right thing. stay single!!!
>>
>>18383252
He's not trash, it just wasn't working for us. I don't want to stay single you fat feminist cunt (or alternatively a fat neckbeard cunt impersonating a feminist).
>>
>>18383266
no, you'll stay single because ur a disgusting person. if you were so great, and he was too, you two would not be fighting like children and would be together. im not fat, and single people live longer stupid bitch. have fun with your multiple heartbreaks in the future as men will only treat you like a useless hole.
>>
>>18383288
We're neither of us perfect, and we're going in different directions. That doesn't make either of us wrong. Just different. you seem really unpleasant. Men don't treat you like a useless hole if you offer them more than that. Maybe that's all you actually do have?
>>
>>18383293
never had sex with a man, i know better than to do something so stupid. now look at you, lost ur virginity to him and likely will have many in ur lifetime. wait till you get to college they will all treat you like one. i'm unpleasant? i tried to help you and im fat feminist. you think men care about anything else but ur hole? what do you have to offer? thats all they care about. they dont care stupid girl. you'll be here again with another breakup very soon as you slowly realize this.
>>
>>18383301
Ooh, we've got a triggered feminist lesbian over here guys.
>>
>>18383288

lol she's right you are a fat feminist cunt. Plenty of solid and encouraging advice here and then you spew a bunch of matter of fact hatred shit. eat a dick sweetheart, i wouldn't fuck your stenchy hole if it sat right on me.
>>
>>18383306
haha very funny, i can already tell you will be a slut in college. at least keep track of how many you let fuck you. you like to get the attention of men. how insecure
>>18383308
>men are trash stay single
>hatred
he says, on a website that says all women are trash
>>
>>18383301

how do you know what she has to offer? maybe she's a musician or a creative or a good philosopher or maybe she's just nice to be around. you on the other hand just showed your hand - useless hole you are indeed.
>>
>>18383313
>haha very funny, i can already tell you will be a slut in college. at least keep track of how many you let fuck you. you like to get the attention of men. how insecure
Dude, that wasn't even me (OP). However, I just want real relationships. I don't want hookups.
I'm not insecure. I just happen to want romantic companionship like most humans.
>>
>>18383313
haha can't tell if trolling or really this femicunt
>>
>>18383301
>what do you have to offer?
Well, I'm career driven and well read, but that's beside the point. I try really hard to be as empathic and compassionate as I can be, and am very supportive, and although I'm not an extravert I do really like talking to people and having interesting conversations.
>>
>>18383323
i feel for you anon. you're young and this probably wont matter down the road but you have a good heart nonetheless. do whatever you want but don't get stuck in a cycle, if you break up with someone for good after doing this shit for a few years you will really regret the time you sank rather than meeting new people.
>>
>>18383322
samefag. you dont know what i have to offer either. you cant be a useless hole if you dont have sex. i doubt she is any of that, she just wasted 2 years of her youth on trash. shes not smart by the slightest. everyone knows hs relationships dont last and shes upset over that wtf
>>18383323
real relationships dont exist. you watched too many disney movies
>>18383331
>career driven and well read
ummm lmfao what does that have to do with relationships? ok, you have money, and? its more than money how stupid
>empathetic and compassionate
everyone says that. you're not, you started namecalling cause you did not agree with me

ummmm is that it? none of this is useful in a relationship, anyone can be all of those things but not everyone is good in a relationship sweetie you know so little but its ok ur young and will learn
>>
>>18383350
>real relationships dont exist. you watched too many disney movies
Gee, I'll have to tell my parents that have been married for 25 years.
>ummmm is that it? none of this is useful in a relationship, anyone can be all of those things but not everyone is good in a relationship sweetie you know so little but its ok ur young and will learn
Alright uh, "sweetie". What is good in relationships?
>>
>tfw you came here for actual advice with heartbreak and your thread gets derailed by some bitter person with a barrow to push
>>
>>18383350
so you're butthurt she called you a fat feminist cunt. if i'm to take your word you're only 2 of those things. how redeeming, you clearly have much to offer, my bad.
>>
>>18383350
Nobody is denying that she is young and possibly being foolish.

But I am saying you should kill yourself.
>>
>>18383360
srry hun but a lot of people divorce after 25 years. good for them tho
>what is good
long-term? not just financial stability as you think. need to be good at managing ur money and saving, making smart long-term decisions, loyalty, cooking skills, communication skills with partner, etc theres more but im just a fat feminist cunt and that means my help is invalid lmfao. you have so much to learn

>>18383371
no, but i tried to help the little bitch and she rejects my offer so fuck all of you be useless holes for all i care
>>18383379
nah i like my life thanks. you should kill yourself too since you are most likely a gross man.
>>
>>18383388
Wow, you really are butthurt by the fat feminist cunt remark, aren't you? Even if you're not fat, and I'll take your word for it, you're still a cunt and seem like a feminist.
>>
>>18383388
>managing ur money and saving
I can do that, I've got quite a lot saved up since I was able to start working.
> making smart long-term decisions
I can generally do that, although I haven't lived long enough to know if they're good long term decisions.
> loyalty
I am loyal.
>cooking skills
I love to cook, and am good at it.
>communication skills with partner
I can communicate well.

Anyway, what would you know of relationships? You said you'd never been with a man, and that men only see us as holes.
>>
>>18383394
it was uncalled for and she's a bitch trying to convince me shes empathetic and thats what she has to offer lmfao stupid girl
>>18383401
trust me people are never as great as they think. and do you think lesbian relationships are different? how stupid
>>
>>18383403
>trust me people are never as great as they think. and do you think lesbian relationships are different? how stupid
Listen I'm not her, I am a lesbian and you know what, I really wish I wasn't. This community is toxic and unpleasant and only focussed on sex and politics.
>>
>>18383403
>it was uncalled for and she's a bitch trying to convince me shes empathetic and thats what she has to offer lmfao stupid girl
Look, the girl is clearly hurting and all you could do was insult someone she clearly feels deeply for. Honestly, you look like the bitch in this. Sure, she's been a bit rude, but she's post breakup. It's to be expected. But you, you're just attacking everyone and being very bombastic and rude about it. You look like the unpleasant one, and given the quality of your writing, the stupid one as well.
>>
>>18383401
>tfw an 18 year old with 'so much to learn' patiently schools your ass on the internet

Too bad you gave up on self-improvement years ago and took the used-up feminist cunt route instead.
>>
>>18383252
>>18383288
>>18383301
>>18383313
>>18383350
>>18383388
>>18383403
Are you trolling, or are you serious?
>>
>>18383420
This. How can you not see this?
>>
>>18383422
cant be used up if ive never had a dick in me. how did she school my ass by saying she has those qualities? its the internet. anyone can lie and in an argument everyone favors themselves
>>18383420
so she's post breakup for being stupid and thats an excuse? lmfao nah. i insulted her ex, not her, aaand not my fault shes so childish and sensitive over a guy that will forget about her
>>
>>18383442
>so she's post breakup for being stupid and thats an excuse?
She hasn't been stupid, as far as I can see. A bit rude, certainly. But not stupid.
>>
>>18383252
>>18383288
>>18383301
>>18383313
>>18383350
>>18383388
>>18383403
Stop giving us lesbians a worse name than we have already.
To everyone else, I'm sorry but the vast bulk of lesbians are like this chick and it fucking sucks, and is the reason I'm probably going to die alone. But some aren't. Also, OP, you're young, it's hard. You'll move on, and there will be other people. The first relationship very rarely works out, unfortunately. But you seem like you broke up for the right reasons, and not because you cheated or something.
>>
>>18383442
All you do is project. It's repulsive and she picked up the stench quite fast.

Perhaps a dick or two would cheer you up.
>>
>>18383455
You seem cool as hell. Too bad I'm not a girl/lesbian. Maybe try flipping straight chicks? I have a friend who's all about it.
>>
>>18382990
>>18382990

Camus was a hack. Go away.
>>
>>18383494
>Camus was a hack. Go away.
It was literally just the first image I laid my mouse pointer on. It's got nothing to do with the thread.
>>
>>18383501

I know I just felt like sounding important and educated in philosophy on 4chan.
>>
File: tumblr_nl9roumaOk1u9wpebo1_250.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl9roumaOk1u9wpebo1_250.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>I don't know if I was actually romantically interested by the end

Wow, I'm about ready to fucking kill myself.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.