[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What degree should a tattoo artist get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

my gf wants to become a tattoo artist, but she is very reluctant in going to an university.

I am against not going to one, there's any degree that could help her out in her pathr of becoming a tattoo artist?

Any advice of becoming a tattoo artist is appreciated
>>
Woman's Studies or some other useless degree that will be on par with her useless career choice.
>>
>>18382938
Fine arts? She's right though, there's no point in going to university if she wants to be a tattoo artist. She should be practicing her illustrations and trying to get an apprenticeship at a studio ASAP.
>>
>>18382938
She needs art degree maybe getting part time job at art museum of similar knowledge tattoo knowledge
>>
>>18382938
Some form of art degree? Honestly, nothing is going to help her tattoo, at best the degree is a fall back option in case she can't cut it as a tattoo artist.
>>
None of it will help her at all provided she already knows how to draw, she should be looking into getting a job. Not going into debt with an unrelated college education. College isn't the only path to somewhere in life and just because you feel wrong not getting one doesn't mean everyone should. Trade schools are viable alternatives, as are apprenticeships/internships. She should be looking into the latter (or a job at a tattoo parlor that offers significant room to advance and provides plenty of training). If her art is lacking she should also get some art classes, but if it is not that's not going to help her out much and she'd be better off going through it down the line somewhere into her career when or if she feels like she wants to progress further.
>>
>>18383052
Yes try getting her a part time gig with the degree and tattoo on the side. Do not let her tattoo full time unless finances are in good healthy fat. The degree will help her get real paycheck
>>
>>18382938
a degree doesn't matter for becoming an artist. you're either one or you aren't.

it's just like programming. just because you get a computer science or software engineering degree doesn't mean you're going to be good at either. sure you can do the bare minimum, but so can someone who just self taught themselves.

tattoo artists need to go through an apprenticeship, not a college course.
>>
>>18383040
>>18383052
No, that's a dumb idea. I also think it's a dumb idea to force every single person through university right after high school. She's not ready for it yet and that's fine. She should get a job, try to support herself, and try the tattoo-artist thing out as well. MAYBE that'll work out, or maybe in a few years she'll have another idea for a career path, and a good reason to go to university and get a degree.

University is fucking expensive. It can be a valuable experience, but not if you just go for the sake of going, and get a random degree in whatever sounds interesting. Adults of any age can get a higher education, it's not just for children
>>
A degree wont help, she will just be throwing money way. She might want to take some illustration classes at the community college, cheaper than uni. She needs to practice her drawing skills, and look to be an apprentice at a shop.

Drawing at school only helps to be a better artist. The shop will help her know the tools that tattoo artist work with.

I took over 2 yrs of illustration classes at uni, I can draw most shit that I see, but I dont have a clue how to use the tattoo gun.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.