[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I am destined to be a mediocre POS. Just looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1496413802688.jpg (154KB, 712x713px) Image search: [Google]
1496413802688.jpg
154KB, 712x713px
I feel like I am destined to be a mediocre POS. Just looking back at all my missed opportunities or opportunities that I shat on depresses me greatly. Below is a few examples of many.

1) Back when bitcoins were just getting started and were like 50 cents a piece, I was doing loads of research on them and ready to drop like $100 on them but talked myself out of it. When they were $200 a piece, same thing. I was indecisive and it haunts me.

2) I worked at a movie theater for like 4 years from 18-22, got promoted to an assistant manager, loved the job, ended up leaving to go to Salt River Project as a student intern which was obviously a much better opportunity.

3) Work at SRP for about a year, towards the end start getting into opiates. (Heroin.) Used the company vehicle to pick up. Got fired. This could have been a top notch career for me.

Two years sober now, but work a minimum wage job and feel like I have no future. I am now a felon. Moved back in with mom. Community college drop out. I don't feel like a degenerate but after writing all this out I most certainly am one. Has anyone here experienced anything similar and still ended up being successful?
>>
>I feel like I am destined to be a mediocre POS.
That's kind of the point of average, is most of us end up that way.
>>
>>18382360
>2) I worked at a movie theater for like 4 years from 18-22, got promoted to an assistant manager, loved the job, ended up leaving to go to Salt River Project as a student intern which was obviously a much better opportunity.

>3) Work at SRP for about a year, towards the end start getting into opiates. (Heroin.) Used the company vehicle to pick up. Got fired. This could have been a top notch career for me.

Look dude, just based on these you're not a piece of shit. You clearly know how to work & climb the ladders. You had a misstep with heroin. It happens. My cousin fell into the same shit. You've just got to be really careful not to fall into the same trap twice, you know?

Sure you work a shit job now, but I think you can figure something out. Save money, start a business.
>>
>>18382380
>>18382380
I guess you're right. I don't want alot out of life, just financial security and time to do things I enjoy. Maybe I'll go to trade school for welding. IDK. Live and learn I guess. Thanks for reading, just wanted to get that off my chest.

>>18382405
Thank you. Still young at 24 so there is hope I suppose. No more drugs for sure, opiates brought my life to shit in no time flat. Time to rebuild. Thank you for allowing me to vent.
>>
>heroin
well, there's a big fuck up that's hard to come back from. dunno what to tell you about that.

that said, missed financial opportunities come back around in cycles. I would have made enough off the recession buying into AIG, FORD, and some other company I can't remember now, to have paid for all of my college that my parents couldn't pay for, as well as start a business debt free. my mom spent the money in a CD that was supposed to mature basically right then to buy pot and alcohol so I couldn't invest. shit happens. focus on the past and you'll never see opportunity coming.
>>
>>18382445
yeah, opiate addiction will be a battle for the rest of my life. I did it to myself though. I could make a bunch of excuses of why I made and what led up to those decisions, but there is no denying I knew the consequences.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.