[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overeating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

my 2017 resolution was to quit smoking altogether, both weed and tobacco and shisha and whatnot..

so far, i am doing very good.. Except for the fact that my appetite has increased largely, and whenever i start eating I can't seem to stop eating at all until i'm very full.. Then i feel like i really need to eat something sweet and i eventually do so..

After all this, i feel like i hate myself and i start to say that i'll never eat again until i'm very very hungry but once that happens i go on a binge journey to the mountain tops of overeating..

How do i curb this monstrous appetite? I have always been a binge eater but not to this extent, especially since now i feel like i'm overwhelming my digestive system, more constipation and upset bowels are taking place much more often than before now..

Any insight on my issue would be very helpful, Thank you.
>>
>>18382126
A couple things going on here: first, tobacco is an appetite suppressant. It's entirely normal for people to eat more and gain weight after they quit smoking. You definitely have to get that under control, but at least you can understand why it's happening

Second, everybody needs a "vice," some kind of reward or treat you can give yourself. You've given up one, and replaced it with another. You can't destroy this part of your personality, but you can try to find a "reward" that won't destroy your health
>>
>>18382126
do the ketogenic diet, it suppresses the appetite.
do it for a few months, it will also stop your addiction to sugar as well. Meaning the cravings for it go away.
>>
>>18382126
Try eating foods that have more fiber in them, you'll feel more full. I'd also eat less carbs and more fat & protein. Myfitnesspal is a great app for this, log your food intake and you'll receive a chart detailing your nutrition.
>>
>>18382188

i just looked that up

seems like a tough thing to do, especially since i eat mostly carbs..

I was thinking of becoming vegan as well, do you reckon i can do both?
>>
>>18382210
Thats totally fine. have you transitioned into other diet before?

What food are you eating currently?

Simple carbs turn into sugar and sugar addiction is pretty real. This has an effect on switching to another diet. Ive been doing keto for 5 months now. Ive learned to cook veggies well and now there my favorite.

If your going to do any diet start with a low sugar diet. And start cooking or trying more veggies. By reducing your sugar, your sweetness level goes down making broccoli taste sweet and fruit even sweeter.

its pretty crazy when it happens, i would know.
>>
>>18382210
vegan keto is pretty limiting. You would mostly eat avocado, olive oil and cocunt oil and your main fats. Your main veggies are any leafy greens, cauliflower, squash, broccoli, asparagus and Brussels sprouts.

Do you want me to give you a run down on how keto works? and its affects?
>>
work out to burn the calories and also produce endorphins to help keep you from feeling the urge to smoke as well.

eventually you'll go back to a more normal appetite and can then tune your diet and workout regimen to give you actual results instead of being largely a break even proposition.
>>
>>18382126
A big part of your binge eating behavior likely lies in how you think of food overall. There could be something funky going on with your metabolism, but it would be wise to approach the problem by restructuring your thoughts about eating, which would be best handled by seeing a psychological therapist who specializes in eating disorders. Simply changing your dietary choices will not change the way you conceive of food in a meaningful way, and it is very likely that your distress and dysfunction surrounding eating will continue if you don't seek a therapist.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.