[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I take the position?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Contemplative Aku.png (392KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Contemplative Aku.png
392KB, 1024x768px
I work for state government agency. I make 32K. I applied for a position that offers 37K. However, I will lose my supervisor status and have to pay for health insurance again. After doing the math, I end up losing 2k. Also, I lose some other perks like telecommuting and chill bosses. The only reason I want the position is money because frankly government sucks for money but its my comfort zone, free school for life and other benefits.

My boss' boss pulled me aside and wouldn't outright tell me but it was heavily implied they are going to offer it to me. He advised that I don't take it and hold out for the position above me. The pay is the same but I keep my supervisor status. Furthermore, there is more room for growth. The position I applied for has no growth unless the directors die or retire and they're all in their 50s so we're looking at a decade, whereas in my position every year my boss' position opens up. Furthermore, I am more qualified for boss' boss position.

The other issue is that I need money lol 32K don't go far
>>
>>18381977
Take the insurance and quit spending your money on hookers you should be ok
>>
>>18381977
if 32k isn't taking you far perhaps you should analyze spending
>>
>>18381983
>>18381988
I'll bite. Rent is 1350, so trying to find apartment that is 1k. Spend $100 on gas. Electricity is $50-100 normally $75. Phone is $40. Internet is $60. My main source of income depletion is my kid on the weekends and food and I guess child support when I finalize the divorce.
>>
>>18382006
Find a roommate situation to cut down on cost also quit all the candy
>>
>>18382021
My child sleeps over on weekends. If I had a friend thathat would be an ideal solution. Not risking that shit with a stranger.
>>
>>18382006
oh boy why did the relationship fail? Was she a bitch? or were you the asshole? this could have some impact in this decision. Also listen to your elders when it comes to work. They've been there for awhile so they know there shit. keep your status and cut down on living expenses. your seniority will pay off in the end.
>>
>>18382037
Uh depends what day of the week you ask me. Mostly blame her. I guess I could have tried harder. Also years of resentment. At this point we simply camenter to terms with the fact that our relationship was built on lies and we stuck it out for the kid. The irony is that all the shit she hates about me is being exhibited by her current boyfriend. But you know how rebound shit works. She thinks shes making me jealous. I'm just glad I finally boned my great white buffalo guilt free.

I'm trying sir but money is tight. I have a lot of money saved but jesus between buying a new bed and a car (car broke down -_-).

Forgot to mention I have a car note of 200 for a 2015 car. Credit was great apparently.
>>
>>18382036
So what if they touch your kid a little bit
>>
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>18382066
>>
>>18382060
wow she sounds childish. Is your kid around this boyfriend?

Sounds like life's hitting you hard right now but you sound like your managing it alright. I think your original post gave you the answer. Stay were you are for now. There are still many opportunities.
>>
>>18382107
Thats literally what everyone tells me. Uh now he is because he was with his baby mama and she found out so he got kicked out of the house. I have no reason to believe he would do anything because he has a daughter of his own so he understands. I probably am going to stay but I just wanted reinforcement. Made a lot of shitty decisions in life thinking I was right to have it blow up in my face.
>>
>>18382115
All you can do is learn form it.
But the only way you can do that is by taking the chance. I think you'll be alright.
>>
>>18382121
Thanks bro
>>
>>18381977
>32k
this is why I only use other people's businesses as a stepping stone to getting my business. fuck that noise.

the position you applied for sounds like a position you shouldn't have applied for unless, and ONLY IF that position gives you experience that you can can soak up and then take elsewhere, ultimately using it to either start a side hustle or a full time business. living on 32k is fucking awful. I was doing that shit while managing a sales team doing millions in sales, not once did I get a bonus cause stingy ungrateful fucks, but I got good experience to take elsewhere. you cannot live on that, you cannot provide for your kid like that. get some confidence, get a better job. you owe it to your kid, and yourself.
>>
>>18382006
kill the kid and the wife, tha'd at least double your disaposable income.
But in all seriousness, shouldn't you stick with the Guvmint job? Don't those folks get to retire early, and get great benefits and stuff?
>>
>>18382168
Eh kinda stuck in government for student loan forgiveness shit. Part of the reason I'm in school. Either studying computer science or pure math can't decide. Staying in school delays payments. Lot of mistakes in my youth. Including taking loans to pay for shit that never materialized with homegirl. My fault for not stepping back and thinking.
>>
>>18382192
>can't decide
make a fucking decision. cause I see someone that has the ability change things but isn't. Right now I've gotta wait on a bunch of other people instead of being able to simply do. you can do. decide where you want to be and go there.
>>
File: 1495311012263.gif (931KB, 500x375px)
1495311012263.gif
931KB, 500x375px
>>18382180
Both are government positions with same agency. My job is actual case management. The position I applied for is quality control. I'll likely never be director but boss' boss said for sure if I go to quality control I'll at most be stuck at maybe 45k if someone leaves. However case managers can eventually make up to 70k if stars align. Like he said if I get lazy it doesn't matter. However, one permanently shuts doors for short term gain.
>>
>>18382209
Fucking sage like advice. Friend tells me between Masters in Public Administration and supervisor experience I should shoot higher. Fear of failure is crippling.
>>
>>18382216
>70k if stars align
nibba, what are doing. that's the top end of your aspirations after what, like 10 years of waiting on that? fucking, you are getting sucked into a dependency cycle on the government that you will never escape if you keep going like this. whats worse is I'm paying for it.

do you work out anon? what do you do to pump yourself up? do you do anything to pump yourself up?

I swear, I'm gonna start hiring 4channers when I start my next business. some of you are alright and have good skills but you're working for shit people, doing shit jobs, all because you have so little drive.
>>
>>18382226
>Masters in Public Administration
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME. YOU HAVE THAT KIND OF PAPER TO BACK YOU, AND YOU'RE WORKING AT 32K? OP, someone outta slap you.

>fear of failure
you're already there anon. whats more you know how people talk about aiming for whatever far object, blah blah, at least you'll end up part way there. thats not how it works. life is like rock climbing. your goal is the top, occasionally though you've gotta stop and rest, occasionally you've gotta go back a bit and pick up a different line, but you don't stop halfway or you're gonna eventually fall off, that's what happens to druggies and alcoholics, they stopped.
>>
>>18382238
I do. I started working out with fit friend when came to terms separation is real. Drooped like ten pounds. Need to lose more.

Also I'm good at my job. People should be grateful if I'm handling your billshit. It's part of why homeboy wants me out. He wants me to shoot high and not hide my shift in QC.

I do have shit drive. I literally did the online BSN program for my wife because despite being an actual nurse I run laps around her. Literally passed all hethe classes because holy shot nursing is a joke. Point is that I excel at shut but no drive due to fear of failure.
>>
>>18382252
For real. Been working here for three years and every year so far have been promoted. This is technically a promotion but due to funky classification it's not at the same time.
>>
>>18382257
maybe take up small hobbies you can fail in. to help coup with the feeling with failure.

The more time you fail the less scary it is.
>>
>>18382266
>three years
you've been there long enough. take the experience, and that degree, apply to jobs that pay at least 60k-70k. that's a realistic goal, at least in my labor market down here, for you to aim at and easily achieve without so much as a reference, get references, get on zip recruiter, get on indeed, get on career builder. these are jobs I'm seeing right now all day long looking for admin degrees and around that level of experience. apply for ones that want more experience as well, they'll break that requirement all the time.
>>
>>18382311
Desensitization is actually incredibly valid. I'll ask anyone out now cuz I already lived through worse case scenario. I don't know. Im also a perfectionist to a certain respect. I got an A in Calculus but got buttmad that m final score was like a 97
>>
>>18381977
Give your money to the poor, sell everything you own and begome ordodox monk on mt athos.
>>
File: 1263704035218.jpg (37KB, 1052x800px) Image search: [Google]
1263704035218.jpg
37KB, 1052x800px
>>18382372
>>
>>18382326
Eh I live in Florida so market is meh. Also government benefits are sick. $15 bucks full coverage no deductibles. Paid sick and annual leave. Free college. Not that reimbursement shit. Literally tuition Waiver.
>>
>>18382238
70k for life is better than 200k from a business for one year and then losing the business and not accomplishing shit because you're a failure.
>>
>>18382454
you're pleasant
>implying I can't take experience to get a 60-70k whenever
>implying I can't start another business
>implying beating the business survival statistics makes me a failure
>implying that a setback means life failure

please, try with the bait. just a little. I'm already working on business plans and funding proposals for two more, moving to where I've got better connections and the likelihood to do some international business. you got nothing on my confidence right now, son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
>>
>>18382495
This is an incredibly healthy approach. We fall so we can learn to get back up shit.
>>
>>18382509
true, note that I'm still having to wait on other people though cause I can't force an interview in the interim though. so it is a fall, and a massive pain in the ass. frankly though, it's ultimately a good thing. this business was never going to be what I wanted to do forever, it was meant to be a stepping stone from inception. now I've got the experience to do bigger things. see anon, rock climbing.
>>
>>18382384
I made $120 this week.

Last week I made $25.

I dunno how much Im going to make next week.

I live in a church.

Life is hard. Life is good.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.