[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Personal Power" and Insecurity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: greedy-heir.jpg (974KB, 1632x1176px) Image search: [Google]
greedy-heir.jpg
974KB, 1632x1176px
Is this negative?

Ever since I started working a real job, got my own place, and started actually doing life somewhat right, I've been in a MUCH better mood. I'm more outgoing, friendlier to people, willing to take more risks, etc.

But it only stems from the "personal power" i have. I'm not at the mercy of sleeping at anyone's couch, having them buy me shit, or whatever. If shit gets bad I can "pull out", retreat to my little hole and live my life.

I feel like I'm acting as a normal person only because I have something to stand on. What if I lost my job, couldn't afford my lifestyle? I'd sink right back to being a depressed bitter NEET.

Which leads me to believe that the only real thing that drives my emotional state is having control and 'power' for lack of a better term.

is this normal or am I just a shallow person?
>>
You're just self-aware of how modern society works.

Over 80% of the homeless are male.

You're correct that if you weren't making money, as a man, you would either be dependent on relatives or very close male friends, or be homeless.

You would have no gf/wife either, because ALL WOMEN ARE LITERALLY PROSTITUTES. They won't date a guy unless he's making money, or he's going to in the future. Get yourself a girlfriend, then quit your job and become a NEET, she won't be hanging around for long.
>>
>>18381598
Look it feels good to pay your own shit not owing people shit . I just gave this young bitch 70$ earlier to help her out for gas thru the week. Her boyfriend is in jail and she's gonna give up that pussy ....it feels good that I can give her some money and not be a psycho pervert about the pussy and wait for her to come back to Give me that pussy
>>
>>18381598
Yes that's normal. Having control over your own life and agency to do whatever you want is very empowering. That's the exact reason the majority of people who can do it do it. I don't see why you might think that enjoying having more control over your own destiny is shallow.
>>
>>18381652
>I don't see why you might think that enjoying having more control over your own destiny is shallow.

Cause it fucks up my entire perception of altruism and what being 'selfish' actually means.

I've come across people who live to volunteer, give to charity, that sort of thing. When I was struggling and didn't have a job i didn't give a shit about feeding starving kids in Africa, I wanted to feed myself and get my life going.

If someone is truly altruistic and good, wouldn't they do acts of kindness regardless if they had everything or nothing?
>>
>>18381674
>If someone is truly altruistic and good, wouldn't they do acts of kindness regardless if they had everything or nothing?

Yes.
>>
>>18381674
Well yeah. You're not truly altruistic. Congratulations, that makes you exactly the same as 99.999...% of people in existence. You're not a mythological being, you're a human. Well done.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.