[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too many fields of interest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: kyCZwln.jpg (64KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
kyCZwln.jpg
64KB, 530x800px
So long story short I've thrust myself into higher education and i'm currently taking my general education classes. I find myself being apprehensive about dedicating myself to any particular major because I really can't figure out what i'd like to put my effort into out of all the things I find interest in. I don't want to waste my time and money switching major to major, yet I don't want to waste time and not work on my education at all. In the end I just want to be fulfilled and sure of my decision.

How do I become sure of my own decisions and avoid wasting my time on chasing other passions that I may have?
>>
>>18380678
You pay your house off first then you do whatever the fuck your dirty heart desires.
>>
>>18380683
Well once i get to that point when i'm in my mid 40s, i'll be sure to do that. Right now however in my late teens i'm not going to be able to do that.
>>
Go to college knowing what you want. Don't waste time exploring. I would ask myself what do i like the most. Then compare it to my goals.
>>
File: LbDUJDk.jpg (31KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
LbDUJDk.jpg
31KB, 300x450px
>>18380695
All I know is that I don't want to end up repeating the same decisions that my parents made, dropping out of college and trying to raise 4 kids. even if I end up picking the not most economically sound career field, it would ultimately be better than being a college dropout like my parents.

Sure, I have interests, but the salary isn't my primary concern, it's my ability to continue my work and learning about what work I would be doing for 4+ years without feeling like it's something that would make me drag my ass until i retire, or would quit prematurely only to throw myself back into school or go look for a shitty job at Wal-Mart.
>>
>>18380723
Then figure out what drives yout and laser focus your Bullshit.
>>
>>18380678
Some universities let you graduate without a major, or with something called something like General Studies. In any case, you can probably put off choosing until your third year and still get all the major in without losing time.
>>
>>18380985
Literally not a degree
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.