[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I take the job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 1487993412740.jpg (94KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1487993412740.jpg
94KB, 633x758px
I'm 22 and I have never had a stable job. I applied for a comfy at home job working 20 hours a week, and got hired, but I'm thinking about telling them no.

When I was 18 I held a job for a month working at subway. I later quit due to a lot of anxiety and depressive episodes after work. I was always tired. Coworkers kept gossiping, manager would never shut up, frequently got yelled at, feet always hurting, etc. Had another job at a grocery store when I was 16 that only lasted for two weeks. I felt very tired and annoyed by all the customers. This job will be different but the idea still makes me very anxious. I don't know why.

I'm always broke and my mother says I need to start paying rent but I am so scared of working. I feel like shit for never having a stable job in my life. Everyone has money to take a girl out, and buy nice things I can only dream of having. I need to ask my mother for everything. My brothers work and I constantly feel like I am in competition with them. I am the loser of the family.

I guess I'm lazy, I don't know. I'm not a full on NEET because I'm getting my degree online. I am also worried that I will fall behind in my classes. I have a 4.0 GPA since I have nothing else to do. Is 20 hours too much? What do? Take the job or stay broke and mentally stable?
>>
Bump. Need advice please.
>>
Shameless bumpin'
>>
If you take it, it doesn't mean you can't change later.
>>
>>18379967

Your biggest problems are:

1.) no life experience, so you assume everyone is better/more experienced than you, causing a lot of nervousness and anxiousness because you assume everyone is your elder.

2.) Lack of mental and physical fortitude. Undisciplined. Fragile.

3.) Assuming anyone actually cares about what you have to say or how you feel.

here's how to solve.

You need to take on the lack of mental and physical fortitude, and you need to do it so that you have a reserve of willpower to draw from. Since you talk about taking online courses I assume you are a person who has always chosen the easy path to walk in life and have never really stressed yourself. Your current "normal" state is to basically be a shut in with little human interaction, thus anything that deviates from that will cause you anxiety and stress. What you need to do is create a new "normal" or habit where you constantly push yourself to experience stress and hardship.

1.) You need to create a physical body you can be proud of. It is very difficult to feel stressed or anxious when you feel like you can rip apart almost any threat that comes at you. Start a weight lifting program and start running 5 miles a day. (except sundays, a day of rest).

You also need to also stop feeling sorry for yourself. When bad things happen to you, they don't care about your thoughts, feelings, or concerns. They don't care if you had a bad day and need to take a break, or just need one thing to go right, or you can't move out of bed at the end of the day. So why should you care? You have to understand that you are ultimately the master of your ship and the captain of your soul. A storm won't cease because you hide in the Cabin. The second you feel stressed, or anxious, or bad, you need fucking figure out how to attack the problem Immediately and Viciously.
>>
>>18380245
I understand, but I just want to learn how to keep a job more than getting one. I feel like such an unstable loser.
>>18380264
You are on point on everything. I'm only in college because my mother made me. I would be a NEET if I had the choice since it is easier. But I am just so scared of everything. I'm scared of growing up. I cried on my 18th birthday because I didn't want to grow up. I can't do it. Every time I try the anxiety consumes me. I don't think life is for me honestly. Can't kill myself without a gun though.
>>
>>18380286

Your problems do not care about your feelings. If they did, they wouldn't be bothering you.

But you need to make a choice anon. Either take control of your life and make the changes necessary to improve it of life will force upon you change.

You can't hide from it. You can be scared to death of it. It will still happen. You have the opportunity to make change on your terms rather than have change forced upon you. And i can guarantee, without a shadow of a doubt, that if you get changes forced upon you it will not be to your liking and will make things much worse.

And everything you just typed is just what I wrote about above. I'm not going to sit here and listen to your shit, or spend 20 minutes trying to psychobabble you to unpack and solve your Peter Pan syndrome. Fix your shit or you life will continuously get worse to the point where you have to unfuck yourself and fix it. The only difference between doing it now and doing it 2 years later is how much suffering you go through.
>>
>>18379967
Land a comfy air force or engineering job in the armed forces. Shit is easy to get into and you'll potentially be earning 6 figures
>>
>>18380311
You're right. I'll take the job and keep pushing through the anxiety. Wish me luck.
>>
>>18380330
You can do it man.
>>
>>18379967
Get your lazy bitch ass up and go to work. Or get life insurance out on your mom and kill the bitch so you don't have to work for a while
>>
>>18380435
I love my mom. I'll take the job instead.
>Get your lazy bitch ass up and go to work.
Not as easy as it sounds when you have anxiety and depression.
>>
>>18380446
Deliver newspaper or give plasma or suck some dick but best believe your mom isn't going to be around forever to pay for everything jerk...you don't even have enough money for a Backpage hoe to ride that dick loser
>>
>>18380452
>implying I want STD's
Look man, none of what you suggested even pays good. This is really bad advice. I'm in college so I will have something eventually. I just get very tired and anxious easily, but as I discussed above, I'm gonna take this job thanks to the anon that opened my eyes to reality. So you can get off my back. Sheesh, you sound like my brothers talking down on me. I'm sure I'm not the only 22 year old with no job experience. I wouldn't be this way if I had the choice. But when you get a panic attack before and after every shift, most people would quit.
>>
>>18380470
Just imagine the panick attack when the bank takes back your mom's house because her loser son's won't help her out ...life isn't fair jerk. Either get ahead now and party later or party now and work til you die. Or be a hobo
>>
>>18380470
You fuck them with a condom ok don't be stupid. And yes oral has to be with a condom on too. You must of never had one before
>>
>>18380496
I'm solving the problem and getting a job. You can stop now. I get it, I'm a lazy loser with no ambitions. Nothing I haven't heard before. You don't know what depression and anxiety is like.
>>18380503
That's still risky and disgusting. What the fuck. Not that desperate for money. I will gladly take myself back to Subway than stoop that low.
>>
>>18380506
Lots of good women on Backpage. Have you not heard of the gymnastics lady or yoga teacher. Yes their is plenty of no good ones but you shouldn't be cheap about it. And just because your working at Subway doesn't mean the bank isn't going to take her house stupid. They want their fucking money bitch !!!!!!!!!
>>
>>18380515
Why do you want me on Backpage so bad? Are you advertising?
>>
>>18380264
If this was reddit i'd have gilded ur bitch ass
>>
Finish college. Get your degree. Help your mother out too.

This may sound Sunday Schoolish, but keeping yourself busy helps keep your mind off all the bullshit even though it is difficult to handle.

I'm 22 also, and I'm struggling with depression and anxiety. What helps me stay happy is really staying busy. The more busy you are the less you have time to cry and worry. As a result you love your job and you love college. I can understand that this sounds stupid, but try it some more.
>>
>>18379967
20 hours a week is ez pz. like 4 hours for 5 days or 3 days a week.
>>
>>18380528
Get your stupid ass up and go to work this ain't no charity case
>>
>>18381834
Man, I hope to be like you someday. I want to handle everything and not need to break down. How do you handle staying so busy? Don't you feel overwhelmed most of the time?
>>
depression and anxiety are just code words for lazy desu
>>
>>18379967
>I'm 22 and I have never had a stable job. I applied for a comfy at home job working 20 hours a week

Where do I apply OP?
>>
>>18382913
Says the mentally stable anon.
>>18382929
https://www.flexjobs.com/
>>
>>18383090
Wait, do you need a degree for those jobs?
>>
>>18383090
Do you need a degree??
>>
>>18383868
>>18383477
For most but not all. Just look at the ones that require high school diploma, usually doing data entry. You can also try TeleTech, Hilton Hotels, JetBlue, NexRep, or Amazon to work from home. I didn't get hired but maybe you will. Good luck guys.
>>
>>18384114
Holy shit thanks man
>>
>>18384114
Thank you! Good luck!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.