[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glasses advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Hey /adv/ so I've been having problem with my eyesight lately, apparently I need new glasses.

Pic related is what I'm wearing now, they were expensive but they worked really well, never broke or anything, the frame was from 100% titanium and I could bend it if needed.

Now should I get new lenses and keep the old ones or should I try a new frame?
>>
>Rimless glasses
You'd better be an 80 lbs Asian bottom bitchboy. Otherwise you're just a greasy fedora.

Just buy new lenses and frames from Zenni Optical.
>>
>>18379900
They're super confortable and make me look smart tho, they're also extremely durable :(
>>
File: Cargo Shorts.jpg (60KB, 540x640px) Image search: [Google]
Cargo Shorts.jpg
60KB, 540x640px
>>18379919
>Bad excuses for bad decisions
>>
>>18379893
Glasses are a person by person thing. Glasses with that slim design, rimless or thin rimmed, tend to have a more function over form association. They are less prominent on the face, and don't draw much attention to themselves. Which can sometimes look like you're trying to hide your glasses. Larger framed, taller glasses command a little more presence. Which has to be balanced with other aspects of your face and clothing. If you threw a pair of thick framed glasses onto someone with plain office attire, a fairly regular face, and a short haircut, they would look like a pair of glasses. It's the most prominent feature. If someone with a lot of facial character (Doesn't matter good or bad, just prominent), a stylized haircut, and a flannel shit threw on your glasses, they would look out of place.
tl;dr
If you have a lot of variety in your clothes, do something with your hair, and have prominent facial features (Really defined jaw, large nose, big beard) get thick frames.
If you don't wear attention grabbing clothing, have a fairly plain face, and keep your hair short, get thin/no frames.
>>
>>18379944
Function over form isn't really true, since glasses with bigger frames cover bigger part of your sight and also tend to be less fragile
>>
>>18379989
Less fragile?
>>
>>18379933
>cargo shorts
I live in Hawaii and everyone wears them here.
Maybe it's the same for his glasses in his region.
>>
>>18380308
At least in my experience, i switched from very thin frames last year. These i have now are even more comofortable and were cheaper too
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.