[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went with my coworkers to drink twice, they invite me again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1491513587645.jpg (206KB, 318x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491513587645.jpg
206KB, 318x480px
I went with my coworkers to drink twice, they invite me again but I don't want to. I hate drinking and I don't want to waste time. I would even a switch job because of it. How to refuse?
>>
>>18379757
Honsetly, just tell them you don't drink much. There are tons of reasons for not drinking, and lots of people have their own reasons. If you can't articulate it, or if you think they'll call you a bitch, here's a few excuses you can throw.
>I did something really stupid once, and I feel like a shitty person every time I drink.
>My dad/mother/other childhood figure, drank, and I don't like to think about them.
>I drunk post on 4chan.
>I'm an angry/mean drunk.
>In college I started putting my beer money aside for other stuff and saved like a grand. I really haven't drunk since then.
Most of these either appeal to logos or pathos. If your coworkers are more intellectual guys throw the money one and they'll think you're more responsible. I would advise against the drinking parent or stupid decision lie because there's always the chance they'll start pressing and it's the kind of thing that may come up again, and you don't want to get caught out on a lie like that. Alternatively you could make yourself busy on (I assume) fridays. Or at least pretend to have a regular thing on fridays. Movie night, game night, D&D, bondage basement, etc.
>>
>>18379757
If you say 'no, I don't really enjoy drinking' and go home that'll probably do it. There must be other people at work that don't join them?
>>
>>18379757
Suggest an alternative. "Instead of drinking, why don't we ry the new Chinese restaurant"
>>
Why don't you go out with them, but just not drink anything alcoholic? most bars would be happy to serve you a soda or something. Bonus points if you DD for them.
>>
Be the DD. Or do like I do "alcoholism runs in my family."
>>
>>18379788
>>18380388
>>18381091
>>18381130
>>18381159
I tried to refuse. I try to pay them 50$ but fuck I messed up. I wasted 6h and opportunity to go to gym. Going out is not good option either. I save money and I also fatfuck. I hate my life.
>>
Just say no, you fucking pussy. Remember, OP. No means no.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.