[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think I'm in love anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: Niya.jpg (88KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Niya.jpg
88KB, 720x405px
Long story ahead. I just want to get some opinions.

I know there is a "honeymoon" phase to every relationship. I'm wondering to myself on whether I'm just experiencing the end of that or if I'm just not meant to be with him.

We met on tinder at the end of September and we only dated for about a month or two before making it official. Looking back I feel like I was lovestruck, I fell too fast, and we didn't take enough time to date and get to know eachother. He is very sweet, seems to be head over heels for me. Loves me when i'm in my sweats with bedhead, occasionally gets me iced lemonade and coffee when I'm working, respects me for who I am. I do a lot for him, but I just don't feel any butterflies anymore. I don't look at him and see the most lovely person in the world. Sex is amazing, but I feel like everything else is kind of bland.

He has a lot of anxiety issues that haven't really been looked at, although he's trying to find a psych or therapist or something, it's just been very difficult as he doesn't have health care. Because of these issues, he's very quiet and I feel like I'm always the one starting conversation. He is also negative towards his own life, and can get irrationally upset sometimes. Little quirks he has that I used to smile at now make me mildly cringe internally. I feel like he has very little personality, or is very reserved. All of this contrasts to me as I'm very optimistic, chatty, spontaneous and excitable. This makes me question if he's really the right person for me.

I also just question if every relationship I have is going to end like this and if I'm being too picky. I feel like I should be happy about having such a sweet and nice guy. He's my second major relationship.

I also am worried that if I leave him that his self worth will go even lower, and that he'll blame himself for being shitty, when in reality it's just that his personality just doesn't suit mine.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>18379522
>Because of these issues, he's very quiet and I feel like I'm always the one starting conversation.
Pic related.

>All of this contrasts to me as I'm very optimistic, chatty, spontaneous and excitable. This makes me question if he's really the right person for me.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Ou4-PyPIA

>I also am worried that if I leave him that his self worth will go even lower, and that he'll blame himself for being shitty, when in reality it's just that his personality just doesn't suit mine.
You can't stay with the person just to keep their fragile ego intact. You can try to help them understand but in the end everyone is responsible for their own life and it's up to him if he is capable of facing problems in a mature way.

>>18379522
>I know there is a "honeymoon" phase to every relationship. I'm wondering to myself on whether I'm just experiencing the end of that or if I'm just not meant to be with him.
This might be little over the top but there's a point
http://thepowerofideas.ideapod.com/zen-master-explains-men-women-can-never-friends/
>>
>>18379574
RE: The picture; we've talked about his quiet nature before. It's something I actually found intriguing when we gmfirst started dating. He feels bad that he can barely talk to me and said he wanted to work on it; it's something he brought up before I even mentioned it bothering me. I feel bad for having it bother me in the first place. I know he wants to; I feel like he is just unable to come out of his shell and be who he really wants to be. Which makes me wonder if I should continue coaxing him ane waiting for him or if it will be worth it. That's also why I feel like he doesn't have much personality.
That video was very interesting and put some things into perspective. Gives me a lot more to question.
That's a good reminder that I shouldn't be responsible for his ego, however, I just feel bad being a heartbreaker. Basically I feel like he is a really good person with lots of potential, but he can't come out of his shell so I feel like I'm just waiting on him to improve. So I don't know if I'm being impatient or unfair by wanting to leave before he even becomes who he wants to be.
Not sure what youre implying by the last link. Are you suggesting I just need an open relaionship? I have done a lot of casual stuff before. It is exciting in the moment but ultimately ends up making me feel empty and alone.
>>
>>18379677
>That's a good reminder that I shouldn't be responsible for his ego, however, I just feel bad being a heartbreaker.
Pic related. You can do break ups in a constructive way but in the end it's up to him if he's going to be heart broken or not. And he has to learn to face hardships. You can't do that for him.

>Not sure what youre implying by the last link. Are you suggesting I just need an open relaionship?
I'm not. I just feel there are some great insights to a realtionships and to a life in general.

TLDR everything changes all the time. Realize that even when you are married you will not love each others all the time.
You will feel sad and angry and embarrassed and scared and happy and calm many many many times in your life. Stop being surprised and upset about this.

"You can be certain only of this moment that is in your hands. All promises for tomorrow are lies - and marriage is a promise for your whole life, that you will remain together, that you will love each other, that you will respect each other till your last breath."
"The problem is: biologically man is attracted to woman, women are attracted to men, but that attraction cannot remain the same forever."
"Lovers don’t deceive each other, they are saying the truth - but that truth belongs to the moment. When lovers say to each other, “I cannot live without you,” it is not that he is deceiving or she is deceiving, they mean it. But they don’t know the nature of life. Tomorrow this same woman will not look so beautiful. As days pass, the man and the woman both will feel that they are imprisoned. They have know each other’s geography completely. First it was an unknown territory to be discovered, now there is nothing to be discovered."
"That’s why passion turns into hate. The woman hates you, because you are going to do the same thing again. "

"It is not an insult to the woman to say, 'Honey, the honeymoon is over.'"
>>
>>18379574
>http://thepowerofideas.ideapod.com/zen-master-explains-men-women-can-never-friends/
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature
>>
>>18379574
that photo is pure bullshit
>>
>>18380845
Yes as stated I don't agree with everything in that link

>>18380864
>Opinions screeched
>>
File: received_10212942985874727.png (359KB, 636x558px) Image search: [Google]
received_10212942985874727.png
359KB, 636x558px
bleh
I just
I know I won't feel in love with someone 100% of the time while with them, but I've been questioning whether I want to be with him for the past couple of months. I don't know if this is just how everyone feels when they are in love, and if I should just be with him regardless because he is good to me for thw most part.
I guess most of the past romantic relations I've had with people have jad glaring issues and were kind of toxic, so I'm just cinfused because I don't feel excited about this guy anymore but there isn't anything that's super obviously wrong.
I know one of my friends has been with her gorlfriend for 5 years and still feels exicted to be with her, and like she's the prettiest girl in the world. I don't feel that about this boy.
And i guess nobody can make the decision of wjether I sgould stay or go except me, but I just feel inexoerienced and I need more input.
>>
>>18382902
Also sorry for typos. I can't type properly on this site ever fml
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.