[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into higher paying computer job? I get its kinda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1472628855322.jpg (78KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472628855322.jpg
78KB, 900x900px
How do I get into higher paying computer job? I get its kinda over saturated but I hate being a warehouse bitchboy
>>
File: 1440460134913.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1440460134913.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
>>18379224
go to indeed.com

find job entries that you are interested in with salaries that are what you want

figure out what experience and requirements they are asking for in the ad

do that

you're welcome.
>>
>>18379228

>Working knowledge of all OSI layers, TCP/IP model and associated protocols such as DNS.
Highly effective at troubleshooting Layer 1-3 issues (physical, data link and network layers).
Responsible for fiber testing, light testing, continuity – Transmit/Receive, DB Loss Level, head-to-head testing.
Must have working knowledge of tools such as ping, traceroute, telnet and nslookup.
2 to 3 years experience with the installation and terminating of CAT5e, CAT6, Fiber (Multi & Single Mode) and Coaxial cable.
Thorough understanding of TIA/EIA-568 and IEEE 802.3 Ethernet fundamentals.
Experience in Structured Cabling. Gather customer requirements, design, install, test and document. To include terminating fiber, connectors (LC/SC, GBIC), dressing and terminating distribution panels/patching, rack and stack, physically able to put together server racks.
UNIX/Windows operating system navigation, general commands and system programs/processes knowledge and experience.
Security clearance via Government or other agency background check may be required for customer support.
Utilizing internal systems (Visio, Remedy, and Vantive).
Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
Strong team player.

The fuck do I learn all this shit.
>>
>>18379240
google it and practice
>>
>>18379240
seems like when mommy said you're good with computers you shouldn't have listened.
>>
>>18379268
I get you faggots love to shit on people wanting to learn new stuff but fuck off its an advice thread go to /v/ or some shit
>>
>>18379240
First thing I would do is look up the definitions of all those words on wikipedia, so you understand what the fuck you're reading.

Then you have two options. The expensive, student loan route, which is study information technology at a university some place. Or the roll up your sleeves and hobby the fuck out of computers route, which involves lots of self-motivated study, tinkering with computers, etc. Basically making it your hobby.

Either way, you're going to want to get an entry level job in the IT field. I'm not sure what that would be. Google entry level IT jobs
>>
File: 1337508349512.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1337508349512.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>18379274
>>
>>18379274
>go to /v/
Out of all the boards you could have chose, you decided to tell him to go to /v/. Are you new here? Are you on summer break already?
>>
>>18379291
Yea because /v/ does nothing but spew shit and project just like that guy
>>
>>18379224
would you rather be a i cant find a job bitchboy? man da f up
>>
>>18379240
It might not be as difficult as it sounds, find a course at college that covers computer networking.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.