[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OCD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: OCD-cycle.jpg (99KB, 751x525px) Image search: [Google]
OCD-cycle.jpg
99KB, 751x525px
Any other OCD sufferers here? Post your Obsessive Fear, its trigger, and your Compulsive safety ritual.

Success stories and tricks that've helped you are encouraged, but don't reassure/confirm anyone-- remember, it just feeds the obsession.

>Fear: Nuclear Death
Used to be Schizophrenia, but I guess I've gone up in the world. Death by nuclear bombing is the worst death imaginable. I realize it's literally "sudden death", but that just makes it more scary, I want to stare my death in the eyes for awhile, the total chaos of its instantaneous destruction is just too much for me to handle. I've been freaking out, and it's hard to trust Trump or Un to be rational about their weapons.

>Trigger: Plane sounds, North Korea news
>Ritual: Checking Twitter news updates constantly

Meditation/Mindfulness has been helping more, but I still get these awful near-panic episodes
>>
Don't worry about the future
https://youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI
>>
That I failed my dad. The compulsive safety ritual is , "maybe things will work out?" , it never did the way it should have done so it's aim for the least worse outcomes.
>>
>>18379086
Boy do I have a story for you.

I developed OCD when I was 15, mostly centered on food safety and shit like that. I was paranoid it'd been somehow contaminated, usually by bodily fluids/waste of humans or animals. I also washed my hands excessively. I knew I had OCD but I didn't know enough about to take care of myself. What ended up happening is I reinforced it until I got to the point that I straight-up did not eat and barely drink for a month. Unsurprisingly, I almost died.

Whenever I'd go to the ER for a fluid IV, they'd tell me I needed to see a psychiatrist but I was in such poor health that I couldn't do this. I even tried a couple of times and couldn't handle that. On one ER visit, the results on my blood-work were so poor they finally caved and had me hospitalized. No one told me at the time, but I was in on-the-verge-of-multiple-organ-failure mode. I spent two weeks in the hospital on a feeding tube, got a diagnosis and started Zoloft, and then sent to a psych ward for 10 days, still on the tube. I got it taken out soon after I left.

I had a few more incidents like that, but none so severe.

I'm 19 and mostly normal now, but I didn't graduate high school, haven't gotten a GED yet, and haven't even started to submit job applications. But I travel pretty well (thanks, Mom), go to concerts, meet new people, and generally do normal-person-things although with a little more apprehension than most.

I recommend cognitive-behavioral-therapy, medication, reducing the stress in your life, and surrounding yourself with a good team of medical professionals if you're able.
>>
>>18380488
Oh yeah, the going-out-and-being-social thing is important because touching people is another one of my triggers. I also used to be agoraphobic due to a rock-bottom self-esteem. It can get better.
>>
>>18379089
Thank you for this.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.