[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Let's be friends first"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Ziltoid.jpg (21KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ziltoid.jpg
21KB, 600x400px
So I (25m) have been dating this girl (22) for about 5 months now. We've gone on road trips together, go out every weekend and recently have started sleeping together. In the last few weeks we've been talking about taking things to the next step and make what we have into an official relationship, because, well, we pretty much already are. However, she's been giving me the excuse that "I need to be friends with someone before I can consider dating them". I don't understand this, the way we have been behaving and dating for the past five months isn't exactly what I would call just friends behavior.

I've known this girl for a few years. She's from a religious family and up until recently has been quite innocent and lacking in life experience; she's just now coming out of her shell a little bit. She has told me that her last few relationships the guys started out great and progressively turned into emotionally abusive assholes. From this perspective I can understand, but the way I see it, i'm giving her all the benefits of having me as a boyfriend without her committing.

Am I being irrational? Used/Friend-zoned? Or should I be more understanding and just keep doing what we're doing since I'm having a great time, but I want more.
>>
you are dating a closet whore. she wants the benefits of fucking a guy without the drama of introducing him to her life. that sound dope af just fuck her dude.

but as a guy you want a real relationship. confrontation is the key, just tell her you want to be official. she will probably say no, in that case pls find another grill who wants a long term relationship with you. what you have now is torture.

tl;dr find other grill, this one is broke. unless you just want the pussie, if so stay the course my man.
>>
>>18378891
>"Let's be friends first"
she doesnt find you attractive
>>
Ask her what she means by friends. Ask her to explain what she thinks is the difference between friends and lovers.
>>
File: backup_infographic_F.jpg (196KB, 660x443px) Image search: [Google]
backup_infographic_F.jpg
196KB, 660x443px
>>18378891
You fucked up by telling her you love her first, didnt you?

Keep dating her and consider finding new girl so when this one cheats, you wont have mental breakdown.

Also pic related. Lets be friends means you are probably the backup.

I would fuck her one last time and break up.
>>
>>18378891
If she said that phrase when you're still haven't gone road trip and done things together that might be understandable.
She's not attracted to you and just viewing you purely just for the benefits without commiting.

Abandon ship, respect yourself more.
>>
>>18379462
>>18381127
She wouldn't be fucking him if she wasn't attracted to him you idiots.

That said, she IS attracted to you and might enjoy your company, but whatever reason she just doesn't want to make it official. Maybe her family, friends wouldn't approve of you. Maybe you're too poor.

Whatever the reason is if you don't have the attitude and self-respect to walk away from this at any moment, you're too deep in as she has all the power in the relationship. It sucks that people play these games but that's millennial dating for you.
>>
>>18378891

yeah no, at this point shes clearly playing you. maybe shes lied to her self even and thinks she really believes it but what she is doing is setting out an escape route. she can continu eto date and have fun and go on road trips (that im guessing that you pay for for the most part) and then when someone she really likes come along, its 'were just friends anon i dont think were gonna work out as more than that'
>>
>>18381311
I had a situation play out like this a few months ago. I even went full no-chill and told the girl what she would do and she did exactly that.

>F: I like you and I care about you
>M: Be with me
>F: I want to see where it goes, I need to find myself, just got out of a relationship, not looking to date right now etc.
>M: It seems like you just want to keep your options open. I bet within a month you'll be dating someone else.
>F: I don't want to be with anyone right now, but I want <everything I'd get from being your girl without the commitment>
>M: I don't do casual sex
>F: >:(

I ended up telling her to fuck off and just like I predicted she's now happily dating someone else. People here will look at me like a fool for talking myself out of pussy but honestly it's just not that important to me that I'll be taken advantage of. I want something real.
>>
>>18381345

glad you stood your ground then. men are all too compromising these days. if a guy wants the pussy thats great, and i dont think we should be strictly dating but in this case it sounded like she was just outright tkaing advantageo f you and for you to pour feelings into this would be bad.

good on you man.
>>
>>18378891
Wow, sound to me she's hung up on some other guy and trying to wait him out or she is seeing another guy and needs a bit more time to see where that one is going.
>>
>>18378891
Sounds like she's pretty naive and you're being taken advantage of. I'd tell her to decide to be with you or tell her to fuck off because she has all the benefits of your "relationship"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.