[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job searching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 2ef41a44.jpg (57KB, 700x493px) Image search: [Google]
2ef41a44.jpg
57KB, 700x493px
>applied for over 30 different jobs
>spent hour on each application
>more than qualified for them
>clean background
>professional looking resume
>haven't heard anything back yet
>not even so much as a rejection letter
>no missed calls
>nothing
>has been nearly a month now

God damn what the fuck do I have to do to get a better job. Is this just a big lottery? How long does it take you guys to typically find jobs?
>>
whats your degree/ trade in?
are you actually "more than qualified" or are you just a delusional sjw prick that thinks playing with rockets makes you a Spacecraft Engineer ?
>>
>>18378673
lower your standards and start applying to jobs that you think are "below" you. you probably are just aiming too high.
>>
Knowing people is the key to getting a job. Try a recruitment agency, if they can't land you a job, they can at least get you in contact with people if they think you're bright and motivated.
>>
>>18378679
Goes both ways no homo

Dont be afraid to apply for jobs that are a bit of a reach. And also dont think you're too good for entry level or whatever the situation may be.

Is this for a real job (degree required) or random job (best buy tier)

Also
>not even so much as a rejection letter

they rarely send these. An HR rep does not have time to formally notify every single person that applies that they are not being considered. Sometimes you get an automatic response of "Thank you for applying! Unfortunately, the position has been filled. But please apply to one of our nearby locations!". But dont expect much
>>
>>18378693
great point, a lot of jobs are willing to train people that don't have the qualifications if you show them that you're capable during the interview.
>>
>>18378705
You just never know what they actually need.

One time I applied for some TV job. The qualifications listed stuff like "worked on network....capable of using soundboard light board etc....able to work photoshop and final cut pro when requested". And in the interview the guy was so laid back and said "basically you type the headlines we tell you and put that on templates we have". Easy as fuck .
>>
>>18378675
you have to go back
>>
>>18378675
Don't have one, but I have been working various warehouse tier jobs for 10 years

>>18378679
I mean I already am aiming low, but I'm not about to start applying for min wage jobs.

>>18378691
I might consider this, though it feels unnecessary for unskilled jobs that I search for.

>>18378693
not exactly best buy tier, but just your standard job that pays $15~17 an hour by having years of experience using industrial equipment(which I have)

>notify every single person that applies that they are not being considered
I always thought they sent confirmation emails to selected applicants, then auto-sent rejection emails to everyone else in their selection pool. Would take less than 2 seconds.

Currently I am paid $14/hr, yet there's tons of jobs that require the same exact qualifications I have who pay $2~3 more, so I don't see why I can't get them.
>>
>>18378734
Tough.
I can't exactly give advice for this particular industry, but I would suggest stretching the truth on resumes. Say you've worked on more machines or tasks than you actually have. And qualifications might help. Like OSHA certified or something like that.
>>
>>18378742
Already post my certification information on resumes I apply to. Doesn't expire until 2019 so it's still valid. Thanks for the suggestion though
>>
>>18378734
>I might consider this, though it feels unnecessary for unskilled jobs that I search for.
If it's unskilled then you're going to have a LOT of competition. Either use a recruitment agency, or just approach companies directly.
>>
File: pvtfeel.jpg (157KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
pvtfeel.jpg
157KB, 746x982px
>>18378673
Put less effort in your applications. Make them easy and simple, something in the line of;
> I work hard, have lots of experience and I believe I'll be a great asset to your company. Lookin forward to meet you and learn more about your company and that you'll learn more about me''

No need to dance around. With the type of jobs you're looking for I'd just make a standard draft for an application and just leave the name of the company, person out. You could then apply to 30 jobs a day and wouldn't even spend an hour on it in total.

Find something to start with and continue looking for something better/higher salary. Fuck them all, in the end they don't care about you anyway, no matter how sweet their smile and promises may be. Play the game or get played.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.