[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to get reimbursed for a $500 car tow fee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I got my car towed the other day for not showing a parking permit. The patrol company said that it was my second warning. The first being January 14 of this year the second was the 31st of May.
However according to the association that I live in, the rules only apply to a 90 day period in which if I get more than one offense within that period they'll tow my car. Obviously anyone with basic math skills can deduct that the time period between both tickets is more than 90 days.
So if it was a first time violation outside of the 90 day period they should have left a ticket rather than adding a strike to my profile and towing my car.
Further more they say they gave me 24 hours to comply but when I asked for a copy of the ticket so I could verify the time of tow they just said it was 15 minutes after the 24 hour period making it a valid tow.
Can they do that shit?
Is this evident enough of an unreasonable tow and is it enough to get persuade my association board for reimbursement?
>>
May 31st was less than 90 days ago and 24 hours 15 minutes is more than 24 hours.
>>
>>18378445
>So if it was a first time violation outside of the 90 day period they should have left a ticket rather than adding a strike to my profile and towing my car.
Selective reading is a bitch of a habit.
>>
>>18378472
I read the second warning as the one they give you 24 hours before towing you.
>>
>>18378497
if i understood that correctly then yea the 2nd warning does lead to a tow.
the problem being it was a first time warning OUTSIDE of the 90 day period and they failed to provide a tangible notice so I had no way of knowing they gave me a warning.
>>
it's an illegal tow that violates their contract with the HOA and you can at least get their company fired for a different one though I've heard horror stories. that said

>touching anyone's car
>at their house
>ever
put a boot on the tow truck.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.