[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been here too long and can no longer find the door

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1372646925771.jpg (46KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1372646925771.jpg
46KB, 604x453px
This is probably the worst place to ask this,

but how the fuck do I get off 4chan?

I've been browsing since around 2008, obviously there have been many changes since then, but as of the last 6months - 1year. I've just started to hate this place more and more. I'm sick of the constant shit posting and the total lack of any kind of conversation or interesting content.

I usually browse /co/, /x/, and sometimes I'll peek into /pol/ and wander through /ic/ (because I'd like to be an artist eventually) all of which seem to just be sliding into the shitter.

I've always loved how this place wasn't an echo chamber hugbox circle jerk and usually you can trust that some one will call out how utterly stupid something is eventually, but that seems to be gone now. It really has devolved into shitposting chaos. It probably sounds pathetic, but honestly I've expanded my mind so much through this website, learning about different interest and seeing different perspectives on things. Ive hit the limit though I feel, I do more posting than lurking and that just sucks ass.

theres nothing left for me here, but Im unsure of where else to go. and its become such a habit to go to my "favorite" boards, scroll through, see nothing but garbage, leave, and then do it all over again a couple hours later. I need some other place or places to go to expand my mind and interest, but I really dont know where to start with it.
>>
I can kinda relate, started posting here when I was 12/13(?), well, I'm 18 now and its kinda taken a toll on my mental health to put it lightly.

My best advice is to find an alternative first. Find a new board/hobby and join in on their general or discord.

Most people have moved to discord and barely post on their respective board. Maybe that's for you?

Otherwise find a different website you enjoy, or better yet, find an outdoor activity or club that takes up most of your time.

Another suggestion would be to install clover on your phone and never use 4chan on your computer, only ever on your phone. You'll likely be using it a lot less that way.

Best of luck
>>
>>18378256
1. set up parental controls for your router, only block 4chan
2. set a password as random hammering on a keyboard and don't bother to remember it
3. log out of your router

Done, you just basically locked the door to 4chan and destroyed the key so that you can never return
>>
>>18378274
>well, I'm 18 now
> Find a new board
>install clover on your phone

Shitter's Full
>>
>>18378894
What's that supposes to mean?
>>
go to reddit. find a topic you really like; the reason why you stay in the chins. the only ppl who stay are shitposters, i would know im one myself.
>>
>>18378256
Hello Anon, I have been here for close to thirteen years, and I am going to let you know now that there is no way out. You will enjoy yourself more if you stop stressing and just embrace the shit posts.
>>
>>18378256
go to reddit you btich. shtopost4lif3
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.