[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toronto, Ontario Tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1480654819293.gif (654KB, 271x339px) Image search: [Google]
1480654819293.gif
654KB, 271x339px
So guys i need help, i just came to Toronto and im actually from Asia. Is there anyone from Canada that can help me to fit in? I understand theres a huge Politically Correct culture, and some shit going with Quebec (never ask or talk about it basically). Dont go near Detroit, dont ask about Hockey (For some retarded reason its offensive to most people if an outsider asks? The fuck? is this true?).

Is there any other things I should keep in consideration?
>>
>>18377996
bump, anyone there?
>>
All of that is fucking wrong.
>>
>>18378077
how so? https://openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-16/
Canada passed a bill in Oct 2016 that says its a CRIME to call someone by the wrong pronoun. What the fuck! What if its an accident and I didnt know?
>>
>>18377996
>I understand theres a huge Politically Correct culture

Not really. I'm from the Maritimes. Most people here are laid back.

>some shit going with Quebec
Eh. Quebec's okay, people just like to rag on them. They've been a thorn in Canada's side historically for decades, and I've personally witnessed a lot of discrimination firsthand from francophone residents who don't even speak actual French.

>dont ask about Hockey (For some retarded reason its offensive to most people if an outsider asks? The fuck? is this true?).

No. no one really gives a shit. It's just a stereotype that Canadians like hockey but no one cares. You might look ignorant for asking, but most people don't care about it being offensive.
>>18378097
You're taking it too literally, I've never heard of anyone being charged for using the wrong pronoun. If you're polite and cooperative with the police you're not going to get charged. What else?
>>
>>18377996
The harder you try to fit in the worse off you'll be. Just relax man it'll be fine.
>>
>>18377996
Is you're Chinese then you're one of literal millions of Chinese immigrants who have practically taken over the West coast and are moving east. It shouldn't be hard at all to find some who have been there for a while and can show you around
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.