[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'm in a bad place. I met a girl through the internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 1248208826748.jpg (194KB, 400x675px) Image search: [Google]
1248208826748.jpg
194KB, 400x675px
I think I'm in a bad place.

I met a girl through the internet over 8 years ago. Talked for a while then finally met up and made it official 6 years ago. Since '12 she moved down from Vermont and chose to stay with me in Maryland.
The apartment we got wasn't terrible. Converted from an old giant house made into multiple apartments. I think it's a pretty sweet deal. It's only $600 a month, no utilities except for electric and internet, and we split this down the middle, so I'm alright with paying $300+
The problem with my gf is that she gets annoyed very easily. And it's not a cutesy kinda annoyed where she can just laugh and realize how stupid it is. It's pretty much like "fuck EVERYTHING!" And I can't even crack a joke of the situation because it's not a laughing matter. She's not VIOLENT at all. Like, she would never throw shit or punch a wall like an angry individual would. But she looks like she's going to, and I don't deal well with anger.

So this shit has been mounting. The hardwood floors in the place are old and give her splinters (meanwhile I wear slippers), this apt. is on a main street so there's lots of traffic with at least 1 firetruck/ambulance going by daily.
She's always had a dog growing up and it pains her to not have a dog. I don't hate dogs, but I'm kinda anal about cleanliness and dogs have oils and slobber and I can just feel it on my hands after petting one, and I feel gross.

I also have a shitty retail job where the hours recently changed to 4am - 1pm. I hate waking up that early to go to work, but I do kind of enjoy getting home before normal-people jobs do. And I love having the place to myself. She works as a dog groomer so her schedule can be from 8am - 4pm all the way to 1pm - 9pm.
So on those days, I get livid. I race home and I just run on the internet, shitpost, get on teamspeak with friends and we just shout incessantly. I just feel really relaxed and excited by this. (cont. 1/2)
>>
>>18377856
(2/2)
So while I know my job is shitty, I can't help but think that it's safe. I know of people who have left the job and eventually come back after a year or 10 because (in the case of this one guy) the factory that he worked at had massive layoffs from 900+ employees down to 45. Everything's going to robots, but plenty of people still need to buy food and shit.

GETTING TO THE POINT.
We recently got a letter in the mail from the landlord that after almost 30 years of owning rental properties they're going to be selling them all. The way it was worded made it sound like they were going to be sold as rental properties and whoever was going to buy them would continue the rent style. At least, apparently it's state law to honor the lease for a year. I guess that means that after that point, whoever the owner is can turn this fucker into a strip club for all they care in which case we simply get kicked out.
In any case, my gf (who has been looking at houses steadily for the past couple of months) sees this as the time to go all out and start actually looking and contacting places.

My problem is with getting a house, I'm afraid that means I'll be in this for the long haul. I've been growing increasingly more uncomfortable around her to no real fault of her own. Picture it like a George Costanza with the whole Susan thing where I guess the best way to describe it is that it's not BAD, but would feel bad just cutting ties/just in case scenario.

With an apartment, if things got sour and we broke up, as much as I don't want to hurt her, at least an apartment we can walk away from with little trouble. I don't know the first thing about houses and I'm afraid that it's impossible without losing a shitton of money.

I have 10k saved in my bank account, which I know isn't much, but it affords me the luxury of being able to not live "paycheck-to-paycheck". (shitfuck 2/3)
>>
File: 1227725411631.jpg (44KB, 599x446px) Image search: [Google]
1227725411631.jpg
44KB, 599x446px
>>18377887
(3/3)
And I know with a mortgage + taxes + insurance + utilities + internet, my monthly bill will be DOUBLE what I pay now. I don't make that much now and I know this would put me under. I can't be happy knowing that I can no longer spur-the-moment go out and get food spontaneously (especially when my gf works late).

I was riding fine trying not to rustle any feathers with this. Ride the wave as long as I can, George Costanza-style. But we went to look at this one house that's recently flipped, all new-conditioned house for $119K in an area where all the others are $120K+
Both parents, and my uncle who is a realtor and my gf and I all went to take a look at this house. Doesn't look bad at all, shouldn't have any problems for the foreseeable future, and all I'm thinking is how much I don't want to be locked into this relationship that I'm unsure of and questioning if it's wrong of me to break up with my gf of 6 years because I'd simply much rather be single.
Instead, I fucking mumble about putting in an offer. I figured $105k is extremely lowball and will likely be outbid so that will buy me some more time if anything. BUT, apparently to make a serious offer, you need to show the realtor/agent/broker a real check with real money for a deposit. So that's $1,000 right there I'd need to show my uncle. My gf is at work and right now I'm the one with the checkbook, so it rests on me to write a check and text a picture of it to my uncle.

I honestly feel like the walls are closing in around me. My safe space is crumbling all around me and I have to jump out of it now or fall with it.
>>
File: 1271197148071.png (82KB, 242x195px) Image search: [Google]
1271197148071.png
82KB, 242x195px
>>18377927
My next concern is my gf. If I break up with her, I know it'll break her heart. She's head-over-heels for me. Like legit, she's met the person of her dreams. When she looks at me, she'll do this smile that isn't just a passing one, but something that can only be sincere.
She's moved 400+ miles away from her family and friends to be with me, got a job at a grooming shop, went to an academy to work her way up in the pet salon to make more money.

Meanwhile, I've done nothing with my life. Worked at the same retail job for going on 14 years now where I have friends. I did move out of my parent's house to live in an apartment with her, but it's only like 4 miles away from my parents at most. Looking at it in writing, I feel like a piece of shit. But if you're in a comfort zone, why leave it to make yourself uncomfortable?
With all that's been going on though, I'm starting to realize that I simply can't work at this place for the rest of my life. But I don't want to be struggling. I'd like to cut back my hours so I can go to school and do something.

Other lingering thoughts are my car which is going on 17 years old now. It hasn't had any major problems yet at 100K miles but I can't help but think that any day now, transmissions going to go bad, wheels are going to fall off.

My bottom teeth are crooked and they're getting worse and worse, and as much as I've been putting off, I really want to get braces or something, and I know that shit's going to be expensive.

Fuck, life is hitting me all at once.
>>
File: 1277684170219.jpg (103KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1277684170219.jpg
103KB, 600x900px
>>18377956
AND ANOTHER THING.

All this house shit is happening literally days before going on a vacation.

A couple of years ago, her mom moved from gf's home state of VT to the other side of the country in CA. So my gf has been making plans for a plane trip/vacation to go see her. Unfortunately I have to go too even though I really really don't want to, but I'm too beta chickenshit to tell her. I just groan begrudgingly and she just gets mad and that's it.

So I'm torn on breaking the news about our relationship's future, but I'd feel even MORE guilty if I spring this on her just 2 days before flying out there. It'd become one fucking miserable week for sure.
>>
>>18377856
6 years with your gf but you don't want to stay with her. When did you realize this?

My gf too seems to be always pissed off, never in a cheery spirit, always has something slightly negative to say, world sucks mentality. I have been with her almost a year and moved in together a month ago.

I am wondering if i'll be you in 6 years, which is a long time
>>
>>18377856
Where in MD do you live?
How old are you?
Are you guys married? If not why the fuck would you buy a house together?
>sign a prenup

If you are thinking you are gonna have financial trouble then downscale your vacation or dont go at all. You have the rest of your life to go on vacations. It isnt worth fucking yourself now.
>>
So it's

Relationship
Accommodation
Career

?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.