[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jealousy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: cat1.jpg (52KB, 490x700px) Image search: [Google]
cat1.jpg
52KB, 490x700px
How do I get over being upset with the fact that my best friend loves his girlfriend more than me? Honestly I doubt it's normal because some days it's so bad that I can't think of anything except jealousy and spend half the day in bed. I don't want to leave him and I am not getting into another relationship for a while
>>
I'm a guy in the middle of such a triangle. It's really fucking annoying. At some point, one of you is going to make a "it's me or them" ultimatum and I guarantee that he'll never talk to either of you.

Also, it's not that weird. I'm uncharismatic but it's stupid common for my "straight" friends to get super jealous of my girlfriends.
>>
>>18377802
become a better human being
>>
>>18377802

'getting over' something isn't some twelve step process. its literally one act, its self getting over it. asking how to get over osmething is like asking how to 'give up' on something. you literally just stop.

getting over something is not making peace with something. its not forgetting it so you feel fine. its just living with the facts as they currently stand, and all you can do is just live with them.

i feel your pain though, deeply. im long term single. i have flings and sex, but i dont see my self dating, the few times i do its with girls i know will be moving in a matter of months so i dont need to worry about feeling bad about breaking up.

but my friend started dating a girl and they just had their one year and its sad watching him slip away. at first it was awful

>we make plans for july 4th
>he decides to cancel two days before because his girlfriends mom invited him to a family gathering
>me: you're being a bad friend
>him: no, I'm being a good boyfriend

as if one wasn't causing the other. he also insisted that i move my birthday to an entirely different weekend because his gfs birthday was the same weekend. she and I had pre discussed everything for separate days but he insisted he wanted the whole weekend open because he hadnt figured out what he wanted to do with her yet and wanted all days open in case what he wants to do is on the day of my birthday. and no, he wasn't planning to take her on a multi day trip, which i could understand, as he was unemployed and broke, he literally just wanted me to change all of my plans to accomodate his inability to properly plan somethign for the gf.

maddening. after that we sat down and had a talk and i explained that I know over time I'm going to lose him to her, but if he could try to make an effort not to blatantly screw me over just to please her, that'd be nice.

cont.
>>
>>18377848

since then things settled for like a year. shes great, we have a blast together, but he and I still get plenty of alone time. when he started work + school full time he kept saying hes 'too busy' to have a social life but still saw her every week, and i had the same conversation as before and he made time for me.

he claims he doesn't want his friends to ever feel like his gf is more important cuz he admits that he never wants to move in with her. but despite this, it is in male nature to put the girl first, its just the way we are programmed by evolution, and it shines through in all the social ways.

enjoy what you have while you can, and just try to talk to him about making sure you guys get time together. you'll still be jealous of the things they get to do, but thats something you deal with.
>>
>>18377849
I have pretty much the same scenario but I deal with differently.

I had this happen to 3 close friends already and my reaction was to simply place the friend down a couple steps in the friend-scale. They are basically retired friends, they'll still want to hang out with you and occassionaly be there for you but they are done being full-time friends. I always try to be respectful and generally on good terms with their partner.

I just demand way less while keeping loyal, just look for friendship and distraction else where.
>>
>>18377876

everyones different. talking things out have worked and he and I have worked through a LOT of stuff together. i normally have a half life about 6 months when it comes to friends, but hes lasted 3 years because hes been understanding of my flaws, so i try to be understanding of his. at the end of the day its not that different from romance (no homo). as long as you two are willing to talk about an issue and compromise with one another, it can work. I've come to terms with the fact that I will not be the most important thing in his life ,and when a rare gap occurs that i seem to be, i will easily be placed lower on the scale for his new girlfriend to make way.

but he also has compromised by taking time for me without his girlfriend even when times get strained.

balance.
>>
File: 1485392841494.gif (503KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485392841494.gif
503KB, 200x200px
>>18377802

This bait is of serviceable quality.

6/10
>>
>>18377827
Get better friends.

Seriously, what kind of fucked up friendship stands in the way of love?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.