[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Character development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: champagne.webm (2MB, 478x538px) Image search: [Google]
champagne.webm
2MB, 478x538px
How to be more witty, charismatic, charming, Sauvé, etc?

I work with a guy who's all of those things, and he has way more luck with the ladies than me, I know for a fact that he's been laid several times by woken we both talked to via work or friends while I've been with no one in the last 2 years.

The girls that work near us love him, even myself and all the guys we work with love him, he gives out compliments pretty frequently regardless about gender, he even said I has really nice eyes, which we all laughed about but it really brightened my day.

The Thing that bothers me is, I consider myself more attractive than him, he's 6'3 and skinny and he's native American, which I think works against him. I'm white, a little shorter, and I think my facial aesthetics are on par or better, it's just that his personality is so overwhelmingly good imo, he always offers parts of his lunches, cracks good jokes, has mastered self depreciating humour, we can't seem to get him in a corner, he always has a quick joke to Crack, smiles whenever he talks to anyone, and after all this hr says he's an introvert, but he just tries to be more social and to give one compliment a day.

So, how do I do the same? All my compliments sound disengenous and cheap, my jokes aren't as funny and often miss their mark, I can't make small talk for shit. Are there books I can read, online guides?

Also, he doesn't drink at all, does that play a role? Does not relying on alcohol to help socialize force you to refine those skills?
>>
>How to be more witty, charismatic, charming, Sauvé, etc?
First you need to lvl up and then invest your stat points intro that skills.
If you cant lvl up try find NPC to reset your skills stats.
>>
File: 1485555630724.gif (2MB, 520x398px) Image search: [Google]
1485555630724.gif
2MB, 520x398px
>>18376785
Don't try to be that. Be yourself man.
>>
>>18376910
But myself can be better, retard
>>
>>18376785
>I consider myself more attractive than him
>it's just that his personality is so overwhelmingly good
protip, personality is 90% of attractiveness.

The best way to be interesting to other people is to be interesting to yourself. Be bold in your own interests and hobbies. If there's something that seems interesting, learn about it. If there's something that looks fun, do it. If there's something you'd like to be able to do, practice it. Do these things for your own sake, because they will bring you joy. Make it your MO. And before you know it, you will find that you suddenly have things to talk about. You will have things in common with other people. Then just go from there.
>>
>>18376974
This sounds legit, the person I want to immitate openly talks about dungeons and dragons and loves it, I even ask to hear about his campaign from time to time because it sounds like some cool lord of the rings shit, and a lot of it is funny. He has a huge smile while he talks about it to, it's hard not to get caught up in that joy
>>
>>18377031
>the person I want to immitate
don't imitate him! Be your own person. Pretending to be someone else will only drain your energy and make you unhappy.

Also D&D is the fucking best, and when I saw this thread called "character development" I thought it was going to be a thread about D&D.
>>
Teaching myself to not give a fuck is basically the best thing i have ever started doing. Watch stand up comedy, watch how they dont care? Thats how you do it, you seriously do not give a flying fuck about what they think. Do it for you not for others. Fake it till you make it is what i tell myself.
>>
File: 1459045942609.jpg (28KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1459045942609.jpg
28KB, 205x246px
>>18376785
>he's an introvert, but he just tries to be more social and to give one compliment a day.

This guy isn't naturally like the person you experience. He's had to work for it.

>this nigga worked hard to act like the person he wants to be and over time it payed off because that's what happens when you practice self discipline and keep pushing out of your comfort zone.

So work hard, anon, and practice. Take on the actions you enjoy about his personality, those ones that cause others to smile at him and remark positively about him. You have to practice them until they are easy to do, like compliment a person or create small talk. Start with cashiers, or waitresses, or bank tellers; practice with anyone. You're going to have a lot of awkward moments but those moments will lesson overtime. You won't get more brave, but you will lessen the anxiety you feel in personable situations because you keep surviving them, making the next attempt at a compliment or small talk that much easier. Your mind won't be as flooded with thoughts and it'll become easier to pick your words.

>>18376964
this nigga gets it

>>18377058
Who knows who they really are? We are amalgamations of past experiences and stolen behaviors. We grow and adapt and use self discipline as a rudder to guide our development. Truthfully, many people become adults and stop trying to better themselves. It's a heroic act to step outside your comfort zone, repeatedly returning to the chaotic unknown as you battle the dragon who may just destroy you (that dragon being the real fears of social rejection in this case). Dragons have gold. It sounds like this native dude worked hard enough to come out with the gold and everyone admires what he became, as they should.

OP, I believe in you, bud.
>>
Wanting to be native American

>kek
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.