[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Still alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1492194390695.gif (456KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
1492194390695.gif
456KB, 480x361px
It's 3:30 am and I'm in the back of my car. Both of the guys I invited are getting laid. I haven't had sex in 5 months. I'm not close friends with anyone. I'm surrounded by frat culture. I don't know the music, I don't know the references, I don't know the inside jokes they have. I'm incapable of being normal and immediately get outshone by the people I'm around. The girl that invited me began ignoring me in a small apartment with only feet between us. I'm embarrassed and ashamed that I couldn't even have a good time with the guys. I'm lonely and closed off. I don't know what I'm asking. How can I fix years of not socializing? How could I ever learn the cues and social rules they know? How can I ever learn how to be one of the boys without knowing the sports, the games, the music, and things they like? I'm 21 and I've missed so many things. I just want to be normal but I don't know how. I don't fit into nerd culture, nor frat culture. I'm some sort of middle freak that doesn't get along with anyone. I'm self concious and I know I'm awkward. I just wish I could change myself to fit in better.
>>
Sounds like a case of the aspergers
>>
>>18376232
>5 months
Wew lad
>>
>>18376232
Make new friends with whom you do share tastes and cultural references. They're out there somewhere.

Given your tastes,where would you like to hang out? Other people like you are likely to be there. Meet them.
>>
>>18376271
I'm in pretty unique circumstances. I work active duty in the military so I don't meet a lot of new people. I think new friends is good advice but that doesn't stop me from trying to be more sociable. I'm sober now so I realize how shitty my attitude got now. I literally think about studying stuff these people know so I can say things.
>>
>>18377002
There is nothing wrong with doing research to make yourself more smoothly integrate into a group.

What do you mean by "I realize how shitty my attitude got now"?
>>
>>18376232
stop trying to fit in with people who you have nothing in common with. I'd rather have 2-3 close friends than ten I can't relate with. I'm 23, realized years ago that I don't like dance clubs, any sports at all, or any music on the radio or popular with that crowd. I have a mate that tries to get me to go to bars with loud music and loose women. I tell him it's not my scene.
You've been rejected by your social group because they can tell you are faking.
>>
It might be a bit off topic, but seeing as you're in the army how do I guarantee a deployment, I want to drop the dating game all together and I feel like that will take my mind off of it as nothing I've tried worked
All self worth is gone already so even if I come back in pieces I'm fine with it
>>
>>18377042
I got pretty sorry for myself and shut down. I don't catch myself over thinking things as often as I should but that's what happened. It's true, I just need to find my group. None of those other guys are bad people honestly. I just get stressed feeling like I'm missing out and project insecurity sometimes.
>>
>>18377150
The military certainly won't make you feel better. It's an opportunity to grow but you'll have to face your problems head on or you'll have a bad time. I joined the marines so I'm not familiar how the army does deployments. Marines assign you a job based off aptitude, you do basic training, the job training, then you hit the fleet. Unfortunately a lot of it is out of your control but you sway desicions made on your behalf sometimes. I've been in for 2 years and my first deployment doesn't start till the end of fall. Going in with the idea of dying in a blaze of glory is going to you to a harsh wake up call. I know I had similar problems starting out and have devoted a lot of energy to bettering myself and my mindset. Think carefully, it can be a great experience if you are strong willed and devoted.
>>
File: IMG-20170322-WA0001.jpg (123KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170322-WA0001.jpg
123KB, 900x1600px
Not OP, but lurking due to similar circumstances. The advice here is trash but I guess OP is too nice to voice an opinion anonymously online, so allow me to answer for him:

>>18376271
>They're out there somewhere.

Wow, thanks for nothing fuckface

>Given your tastes,where would you like to hang out?
At a party with cute girls and fun dudes having a good time socializing irl and not online. How did you not infer that from the OP?

>>18377060
>I'd rather have 2-3 close friends than ten I can't relate with.

Hey, thanks for telling what you'd rather have, that totally helps me.
>>
>>18376232
RESCUE YOUR FATHER FROM THE UNDERWORLD SUNSHINE
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.