[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I adult?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1491757095601.png (263KB, 700x511px) Image search: [Google]
1491757095601.png
263KB, 700x511px
More specifically, I would appreciate some recommendations on how I could support myself financially beyond minimum wage drudgery. I have a 4 year college degree, but it's in liberal arts so it's basically worthless. My only skills are reading/researching academic texts and writing short academic essays. That and what I consider to be a deeper understanding of the human condition are all u got out of higher education. I've been unemployed for about a year, and my only job experience is in pizza delivery, dishwashing, and janitorial work, all of which caused me a fair amount of mental degradation - I would get powerful, sudden urges to hurt myself and others, along with mood swings from rage to suicidal ideation. I took myself out of those situations to prevent anything bad from happening, but now I feel like a lazy piece of shit, and maybe I am. I can't afford a psychologist or anything on my own, and my family doesn't believe in mental illness so I can't use their insurance. It's not a super dire situation or anything, worst case scenario is that I end up as a beach bum somewhere, but I'd like to be able to help out my friends and family and maintain a decent social life.
>>
What's the degree?
You could always join the military
>>
>>18375518
The way my college did it, my degree counts as three minors, one in history, one in anthropology, and one in philosophy. I've considered joining the military, but I'd at least want a competent warlord instead of a reality TV star who can't even take the time to proofread tweets. Maybe in 4-8 years.
>>
>>18375542
*A competent warlord to be my commander-in-chief
>>
>>18375544
Le trump is evil meme
Also, your college sounds like a scam. No wonder you don't have a good job
>>
>>18375552
I don't think he's any more evil than any other president, just more prone to incompetence. They're all in someone's pocket anyway.

I want to the university of Cincinnati if that matters.
>>
>make moniez
>do what you want

Wasn't that how it should be?
>>
>>18375572
Well what do you like to do?
What are you willing to do?
What do you want to do?
>>
>>18375580
I like: adrenaline, coming up with novel solutions to problems, creative thinking in general, physical and mental exploration. I'm willing: to do things that are monotonous if they're easy, to do things in extreme environments as long as I'm properly trained and equipped, to delegate some degree of decision making and autonomy to people I can trust.
I want: to do something somewhat meaningful with my life, to help others, to better myself, to avoid too much monotony and repetition in my life, to be at least moderately self-reliant and independent, to have the occasional interaction with interesting people, to control who I interact with

There's probably more to all of these sections, I honestly don't have much life experience.
>>
>>18375604
The biggest obstacle I face when it comes to employment is that I would vastly prefer to control when I do things. I like spontaneity, but I want to direct the spontaneity. When I have a constant and enforced-by-others schedule, I start dreading it, even if I would otherwise enjoy it. I like to be free of constraints and ties, I like to be able to drop what I'm doing and move on to something else. That's the ideal at least, I know it's unrealistic.
>>
>>18375611
>>18375604
Sounds like you should be a cop desu
>>
File: 0d2.jpg (17KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
0d2.jpg
17KB, 499x500px
>>18375617
No thanks, don't wanna bring more politics into this. An EMT or some kind of rescue worker might work though, I may look into it.
>>
>>18375652
Don't be an EMT the pay is shit.
Be a firefighter if you really want to
>>
>>18375509

Law enforcement is nice, and federal positions are quite comfy. I would recommend you start with a local agency for a while, then choose whether you want to go for the SWAT, US Marshalls type stuff or the FBI / Crime labs if you can stomach going to school
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.