[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worrying that I'm not concerned about pursuing a career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: what am i.jpg (26KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
what am i.jpg
26KB, 310x310px
Is it worrying that I'm not concerned about pursuing a career anymore?
I studied graphic design for 2+ years and dropped out a couple of months after I got my first job. This year I switched to CS and just abandoned at the sight of the first obstacle (I was lacking the time to do my math homework, kek)
Above all, I lack motivation. I can't see how this effort is going to pay off. I don't mind studying if I had the rest of the day for myself. But studying+working feels like being dead inside. I feel some guilt because uni is 100% free in my country.
>>
>>18375454
welcome to the 21st century
>>
>>18375454
>I feel some guilt because uni is 100% free in my country.
then why are you working so much? can you not live at home anymore? or take part-time? or save up money working in the summer to pay for rent during the school semester?
>>
what country do you live in op?
>>
File: 1490146256184.jpg (48KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490146256184.jpg
48KB, 960x960px
>>18375470
I'm currently working part time (6 hs, mon-sat) and I live at home.
I basically took the job because it rained on me and because my mother kept bitching about other people my age and younger having jobs.
They say they'd support me if I quit mine and focus on a career, but it doesn't seem right to go back to my 'old life' anymore, especially if it's going to take more than a couple of years. That would feel like a bigger failure.
Most of you must be thinking I'm an entitled faggot with plenty of opportunities. I just can't see a "goal" of any kind, I don't feel there's anything worth striving for. I think I'd be ok just not starving and owning my own house at some point in the future (I've saved everything I've earned this year for this purpose). I fantasize about living off the grid in a small village.

>>18375484
Argentina
>>
File: 1485718661189.png (470KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1485718661189.png
470KB, 512x512px
>>18375454
>studying+working feels like being dead inside
>I basically took the job because it rained on me and because my mother kept bitching about other people my age and younger having jobs.
>can't see a "goal" of any kind, I don't feel there's anything worth striving for. I think I'd be ok just not starving and owning my own house at some point in the future
Same as me. Can confirm it's pure misery. I can see the end of the line already with all the finals I'm failing due to lack of motivation to study. I just want it to be over.

Life in general is not interesting anymore.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.