[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TLDR: Sort of feels like my best guy friend from college has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: rty.jpg (1MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rty.jpg
1MB, 1800x1200px
TLDR: Sort of feels like my best guy friend from college has been drifting from me since we graduated last year and I don't know what to do.

Several months after we graduated last year, we would occasionally text and catch up a bit and have friendly conversation. But over the past number of months, nothing. He won't really reach out to me, and I kind of don't want to to bother him even though I'm curious what he's up to. I know he doesn't like facetiming or keeping in touch that much, but still, I figured it's been several months. Anyway, yesterday on his birthday and for some of today, this was our conversation. (My nickname for him is sasquatch)

Me: Happy birthday Sasquatch! Miss you, hope all is well!
Him: Ty!
Me: What have you been up to Sasquatch
Me: Sorry I meant to say that yesterday but got busy at work
Him: Not much. And lol np you're good dude you know I don't care about birthdays
Me: Wasn't asking cuz it was your bday, asking cuz you are my friend duhhhh you ain't that special
Me: Are you working now? Thinking about grad school?
Him: No. Listen I do appreciate you keeping in touch but I really don't want to have a back and forth rn
Me: Okayyy sounds good

Should I just give him space? Does he kind of want to let the friendship fade? Not totally sure how to handle it.
>>
>>18375235
life happens, people drift apart

you'll have new best friends and you'll see this guy in a few years and reminisce
no big deal
>>
>>18375235

Relationships change over time. He might just be doing his own thing, he might just want to be on his own.

Give him some space maybe, how long have you known him?
>>
>>18375235
If you're a guy and this is how you talk to your guy friends, you may have convinced him you're gay and he's uncomfortable with that. The "duhhhh" and "Okayyy" remind me of high
school girls. Just an idea.

Or he's just going through some of the classic post-graduation "Holy shit I'm off the last training wheel and I need to plan the next 50 years of my life ASAP". If so then maybe check in every so often with offering to get beers or something.

The way he just wants to cut off the conversation before it begins also reminds me of how a friend of mine with bad anxiety would handle it, just the lack of understanding they're talking to another human being and just want robotic results of <End Conversation> without knowing how uncomfortable that makes a person feel.
>>
>>18376229

I'm a girl haha, thought it was obvious.
>>
>>18376248
>you're good dude
It really wasn't.

Also he's not interested in talking to you. He isn't even beating around the bush about this, he's straight up told you. Just leave him alone like he's asked.
>>
>>18375235
It's a natural thing. A lot of friendships are built on proximity. A little kid plays with the kid next door because he's there. Later, most of your friends are in your class at school, and later your workmates.

Such friendships can sometimes survive separation. But often a separation will expose that there really wasn't much more than the proximity holding you together.
>>
>>18376248
Calling him "best guy friend" made me think that, but him calling you "dude" made me unsure. I guess him calling you "dude" could be telling, if you really want to read into it.

Like the other response says, he was upfront about it. If he was comfortable just kind of writing you off and never checking in, then the one time you initiate things he straight up says "I don't want to talk right now", he's probably just more okay with losing you than you are of losing him. I'm sorry but it seems he doesn't seem to value the friendship as much as you.

I also am someone who honestly believes that guys and girls can very, very rarely just "be friends". Guys will almost always be looking for more and girls tend to be oblivious of this, and unless both parties see zero attractive features in one another (again possible, just rare) then the friendship won't be a long-lasting one. Maybe he was interested in your in college and since you never seemed interested in him back, he's just breaking it off instead of feeling though he's being toyed with (I realize that isn't your intention, but it is how it feels in the moment).

No matter what, it's not looking good. I'm sorry. Be comfortable with possibly that being it, maybe check in one more time down the road if you're inclined, but it seems like he's done.
>>
Some of the other posts seem on the money, but just for an alternate take it is possible that it isn't personal and he just isn't in a place where he wants to reconnect or catch up with friends. Just a thought.
>>
>>18375235
Guy here. How close are you guys, geographically speaking? Like another anon said proximity is important. I don't really keep in touch with my college friends, because its unlikely we will be able to hang out. That being said if they needed help, a place to crash at, or were passing through town I'd be down to catch up with them.
>>
>>18376365

I'm on the east coast, he's in Oregon
>>
>>18376377

I think you may have answered your own question there...
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.