[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family members passing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0262.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0262.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hello /adv/

Wednesday morning my father died from an unexpected heart attack at 50 years of age. It has shocked our family. He didn't smoke, barely drank, was moderately fit but his body just gave up.

I come here asking you glorious bastards if you have experienced similar situations as this and how you coped with it. Hearing other peoples experiences may help me.

RIP Dad
>>
>>18375159
rip anons dad. cherish your memories!
>>
First off, my condolences OP. I know how you must feel.

My dad died 8 years ago from cancer at age 50. May 13th 2009 to be exact. I was 19 at the time. This is never going to be fully ok for you, I can tell you that now. There is no way to just get over it. You will always love and miss him. In a year or so, you will probably think you have gotten over it, but that's a lie and it will likely resurface a few years later much worse. It's going to take a long time to work through it and deal. You're going to have face up to the regrets and everything that went unsaid. All the things he won't be a part of in your life and future. That's just the sad reality. People you know who have not experienced this kind of loss are not going to understand what you're going through and some part of you will probably look at them as naive and weaker for it. I know I did and do.

Because of college and shit, I did not fully deal with it right away and bottled shit up for a long time just to get by. I will never forget the day it happened. My dad was still in the hospital recovering from one of the surgeries. My mom came into my room and woke me up a little after 5 AM and told me the hospital called and that he died. We sat there hugging and crying for a long time. I had to go in to school and take 3 finals later that day. For the following month or so after this, I immersed myself completely in the game inFamous, which came out the week after, to cope. I played it obsessively and eventually platinumed it. I love that game dearly to this day. Spent that summer working and playing video games. They remain a valuable coping mechanism in my life. My advice to you is, if you don't already have a hobby you are passionate about, now is the time find one and dig in. You are going to need it. And allow this to strengthen your bonds with your mom and any siblings you have as well. You will all need each other more now.
>>
>>18375159
Yes you take out life insurance on your mom
>>
>>18375174
Thanks for the kind words.
>>18375303
Thanks for your input, I know it will be hard an hearing your experience with your loss makes me feel less isolated.
I want to express my condolences for your loss.

Yes video games have helped, even though it only happened two days ago, yesterday I spent most of the day playing dota 2 and that helped pass the time.
Your comments on strengthening bonds with family members hits home, I understand exactly what you mean.

Thanks anon
>>
>>18375310
They both had it from years ago when they opened a business in the 90's, luckily they kept on paying the premiums.
>>
It's important to not blame yourself about things that were done in the past. Some, while reminiscing about thing that weren't properly handled, will accuse themselves... Never do this, it will grow into a curse, I guarantee it.

My mom died in front of me when I was 6, falling down the stairs, while I looked at her petrified. From there and until I was around 16, I blamed myself until I understood that I was just a kid and that she had high pressure with extreme migraines.

At age 24 and 28 I have buried my father and grandfather. I was their natural helper, going through their daily lives since I was living with them. Always been afraid they might collapse since that one time they'd fall and hit the corner of a furniture. I experienced that good and the bad.

It's hard, that's for sure. You'll feel confused with how you should be feeling in some situations but you need to let the emotion go. Be it rage or sadness.
>>
>>18375445

Thanks for the reply anon. I can feel the confusion, it is quite shit.

Responses like this is why I came here, 4chan has some amazing people in and amongst the shit posting.

sorry for your losses anon.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.