[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help losing weight. Im 5'4 and roughly 210, 20 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (3KB, 147x144px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 147x144px
Need help losing weight.
Im 5'4 and roughly 210, 20 years old. Havent had any major health impacts thus far but I want to knock this shit off so I won't die of a stroke at 30. Any tips for me?

>poor, so gym is a no go and healthy eating is difficult
>full time job but can fit in exercise
>tire easily due to shit weight but will probably get better as I get thinner

Does anyone know the recommended weight I should shoot for? What kind of foods should I eat, how much should I exercise etc. This is my first ever attempt so I need all the info I can get.
>>
>>18373440

Go to /fit/. They are better people to ask and they give great advice.
>>
>>18373440
hey the most important thing is that you go on over to >>>/fit/ and read the STICKY.

healthy eating and the gym aren't the only choices. you have calorie counting and bodyweight exercises available. both methods highly effective and free.

>>>/fit/17018018
>>
>>18373440
Eating healthy is much more inexpensive than eating unhealthy food.
>>
Just cut down on sugar and processed food. Cook your own meals, instead of sweets eat a fruit like banana, it might be tough the first week or so but it gets easier once it's gone out of your system, oven potatoes with some yogurt mixed with garlic is a good combo when you feel lazy to cook. Stand whenever there's a chance, but don't stand longer than you can.

These are just some tips to get by, rest is on exercise and dedication.
>>
>>18373440

the number is unimportant. you could make it to your ideal number and still look fat. instead, just go for how it looks. the numbers really dont mean anything. when guys 'lose weight' their numbers dont changem uch because they like to tack on muscle as well. what really changes is how they look.

>poor, so gym is a no go and healthy eating is difficult

a monthly membership to lafitness is 24 dollars a month. if you do not have 24 dollars a month to spare then it sounds like you have bigger worries than your weight.

that being said, its a myth that you need to go to the gym to lose weight. there are two types of exercise basically
>strength
>Cardio

strength is for building muscle, that is where you use weights, which makes up most of what you do at the gym.

cardio is where you basically run, or do other exhaustive motions to burn calories. and while you CAN do this at a gym its not necessary. simply go outside and run, and do some jumping jacks at home. jumping jacks are actually GREAT for losing weight.

all that being said putting on muscle DOES make it easier to maintain a figure. muscles require more calories to maintain, not just to build, so someone with muscles can eat more calories than someone without muscles, as they will need those calories to maintain the muscle, whereas the person without muscles iwll have that extra calorie go straight to fat.

for now id just focus on getting thinner though, and maybe do some core exercises (Crunches, planks) to see what you develop along the way.

>healthy eating is difficult because poor

no. its not. 2 pounds of frozen greenbeans is 4 bucks. whereas beef is 3 bucks a pounds and chicken is a dollar fifty a pound.

cont.
>>
>>18373457

so its only 50 cents more expensive then buying chicken. and thats assuming you are buying raw non-name-brand chicken thigs that still have skin and bone, which i doubt cuz most fat people are eating out and buying microwave meals and claiming they're 'cheap'.

a pound of chicken has 806 calories
a pound of greenbeans has only 141 calories.

so instead of having chicken for dinner eat a pound ofgreenbeans. want a little more flavor? throw on just a little bit of alfredo sauce. it will still be less than HALF the calories of eating chicken.
>>
>>18373454
Oh I forgot, always drink water instead of anything else like soda/milk shakes/ice tea etc. You could probably have something sweet once a week or very little, but I'd recommend water.
>>
>>18373458
Damn. Sounds pretty alright to me. And yeah i have 25 to spare but I'm in the "save everything so I can move out of friends place" mode so every penny counts. Thanks guys this helps a ton
>>
>>18373461
>>18373461

oh yeah this is definitely good. i naturally drink water almost exclusively so i forget that other people dont.

simply cutting out sugary drinks is amazing cuz they arent very filling so you end up just giving your self a fuck ton of extra calories. substitute gum if you need it, but water is the best thing you can do for your body, its probably hte reason i can eat so much fucking shit and still be only 120 pounds.
>>
>>18373468

where do you live?
>>
diet is the most important thing and they have gym that are 10 dollars a month. If you cant afford it I would look into running as a means of exercise.
>>
>>18373472
House in suburbs. A pretty nasty little city in the northeast
>>
OP, when you get a chance, buy smaller plates and shallower bowls. It's pretty common for people to give themselves larger portions portions so their plates look full. So if you cut your portions down a little, over time, you'll notice you fill up from less food, aka the amount you should be eating normally.

Also, cut out soda/fruit juices and non-healthy snacks. Nothing but unnecessary sugars/fats/etc. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying to cut out ALL sugar and whatnot out of your diet, your body needs them. But you get enough sugar from starches (carbohydrates turn into glucose) so extra, pure sugar doesn't really help your body at all. Get healthier, lighter things to snack on. Or if you just want something to idly chew on, get chewing gum. If you find yourself getting hungry, try having a glass of water or coffee instead. You might just be thirsty, and coffee also cuts your appetite a little.

>>18373451
It depends entirely on OP's location. Meats and/or veggies can be incredibly expensive in some areas.
>>
>>18373485

by which i assume you mean america, so price wise what i gave you is accurate. overseas food can cost a bit more, but the prices i gave you were from me shopping in west hollywood california.

just make sure you go to bulk stores whenever possible (smart and finals is where i go) and you'll do fine.

invest in frozen bags of carrots, corn, greenbeans, cauliflower, etc. whatever you like.

also go experiment with new fruits. a lot of people havent tried as many fruits as they think, mostly the generic 'apples and bananas'. avoid berries though, too pricy and they go bad too easily.

if you NEED a dessert i recommend buying some light vanilla yogurt, some granola and a banana.

the banana and vanilla mix together amazingly and the granola gives it a crunch that makes you feel like you're eating some sort of dessert.

that being said think of the yogurt as ketchup. most people make the mistake of having like 90% yogurt with a few pieces of fruit here and there. no. it shouldnt take more then two spoonfuls of yogurt to cover a decent sized banana.
>>
File: fit2.jpg (54KB, 637x642px) Image search: [Google]
fit2.jpg
54KB, 637x642px
>>18373440
> poor, so gym is a no go
Bullshit. Gyms like Planet Fitness only cost $10/month. If you cut $10 out of your monthly food budget, that's the gym. Planet Fitness makes its money off of the faggots that join, then never go. Don't be one of them.

Go. Walk for 15 min the first day. Every day, walk for 5 more min. When you can easily do an hour walking, run. Keep running.

Stop making excuses and start making changes.

- No soda.
- No dessert.
- No red meat.
- Lrn2farmer's market. Your best friends right now are carrots, celery, lettuce and cauliflower.

NOT cauliflower smothered in cheese, btw.

Remember that hunger is fat leaving the body.

Do it. Start today.
>>
>>18373504
Planet fitness isn't a gym, they don't even have bars for lifting.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.