[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dyslexic INTP addicted to weed;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1494364056912.jpg (451KB, 1366x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494364056912.jpg
451KB, 1366x1080px
How do I sort myself out and quit my addiction. I have been high almost 24/7 for the past 3 years and while I am functional and still more productive than many normies. IT almost seems to clear my head and helps me concentrate without inhibitions and distractions. I can't seem to kick the addiction and it makes me dull when I stay sober.

My meme personality type is iNTP and I have been clinically diagnose with dyslexia.
>>
cold turkey it, should only suck for a couple of days and after that it's a matter of discipline. quitting cigarettes or alcohol is much harder. good luck.
>>
>>18372376
why would it be harder to quit alcohol?
>>
>>18372327
Stop. Smoking. There's no advice anyone can give you if you don't grow some balls and quit
>>
>>18372383
Physical withdrawal like shaky hands, delirium tremens, and stuff. Most people who quit weed after regular use only experience mild insomnia for a couple of days.
>>
Why is weed an issue then if it helps you be a better person? Do you want to be that person without weed?
>>
>>18372327
What's funny is you don't mention weed causing you any problems. Perhaps it's something you should have been prescribed? I wouldn't recommend being stoned 24/7, though. Maybe curb your use if you notice it is detrimental to your life in other aspects.
>>
>>18372327
Don't you mean

Dyslexic addicted to deew?
>>
File: 20140627_180512.jpg (681KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20140627_180512.jpg
681KB, 1440x2560px
>>18372376
I quit cannabis after 8 years of daily use and im a grower. Did it cold turkey as i have hypoglycemia and cannabis causes insulin production.
Got hypoglycemia from alcohol, ended up giving me increased heart rate, tremors, DT's, cold sweats, warming in my whole body, insomnia, innability to eat, nausia, vomiting, loss of coordination, etc all the way to a seizure for 4 days straight. It gave me hypoglycemia from stress and damage during and before the withdrawls. Was drinking for just one year and quit on my own two feet having withdrawls i didn't think i could get.
When i quit weed i didn't have one problem, and i grow!
I am also a INTP personality and i have dyslexia aswell.
>>
>>18374875
Similar experience here with weed. I lived with a grower and had unlimited supply for over a year. Smoked everyday, multiple times per day.

Quit cold turkey when I moved and didn't have a single issue. Not even cravings.

Weed isn't a chemically addictive substance. But that doesn't mean you can't be addicted to what it does for you, like if you use it as a crutch to help you escape from life or help you with anxiety. Then you rely on it's effects to get you through day to day life because you haven't built the coping mechanisms you need, or you atrophied your coping skills by relying on weed.
>>
>>18372327

I was considering getting blazed outta my mind recently (MJ virgin) but after reading what you wrote, I don't think I'm cut out for it. I hope you'll be able to kick your addiction, OP. That fucking sucks
>>
>>18375189
I think you may have misunderstood him. He was comparing his horrible withdrawals from alcohol to the nonexistent problems he had from quitting weed.

If you'd like some advice on your first trip, I can offer some.
>don't smoke till you're 25 or older
>Smoke alone first.

>days before you smoke, consider your mental health and review your worst memories. When high on weed, you aren't less of who you naturally are when sober, you are (and this sounds cliche) hyper aware of your senses and memories. So if you are afraid to face any of your old memories or fears, don't smoke. Paradoxically, this is also why it's so helpful for PTSD. You feel some how buffered to the sharpness of your memories because of your altered perspective on them, all while being forced to handle the memories. The more you handle a sharp and painful memory, the more you sand it down till it loses it's edge and you lose the fear of it.

>Your subconscious mind WILL confront you with the problems you are ignoring in your life and you won't get a choice in this confrontation when it happens (though it doesn't happen every session). This can be the moment people think they are having a bad trip. I've found this very helpful though because I actually want to improve my weaknesses and character flaws. It's not comfortable and can be depressing but man is it helpful.

>At all times while high, you are still yourself. You won't piss yourself. You won't be mean and say things you normally wouldn't. You don't hallucinate. You are safe at all times.

>music is amazing and you'll be hyper aware of why it sounds good to you. Have some ready in case you begin to have a bad time. Drop the lights, lay down, listen to music to calm and center yourself.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.