[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boyfriend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: brandnew.png (10KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
brandnew.png
10KB, 360x360px
Hey /adv/ I've been having sort of an issue with my boyfriend lately. I want him to sort of show he cares about me/misses me or if he actually enjoys talking to me and if I make him happy SOMETHING I guess? I constantly tell him how special he is and how much he means to me and how talking to him makes my day and how handsome he is etc. I just don't really get the same thing back which makes me feel kind of lonely and maybe like I'm not wanted or not loved so much. Maybe I'm just being a dumb girl and wanting validation or whatever but it's difficult considering we're in a LDR. I just want him to realize that I mean a lot to him if I even do. How do I go about this in a way that isn't crazy or hurtful?
>>
Do you love yourself? Do you feel you are special?

These are important questions before I can offer further advice.
>>
>>18370640

Tlak to him. Tell him how you feel. Work through this together. If he doesn't care, then dump his ass. But at least try to talk this out.
>>
You could reel back in the affection too. He will notice and hopefully initiate on his end.
>>
>>18370645
Personally I am extremely self-conscious but I feel like I treat him well and everyone says he's lucky to have me (which makes me feel good). In general I kind of hate myself though
>>
>>18370640
I've been in the same situation, my ex gf just couldn't say something like that to my face.
Best you can do is tell him. Don't put too much pressure on him. I think people show their love differently and it's important that you appreciate the way he loves you.
>>
>>18370667
Appreciate the honesty.

Taking that into account, the first thing you need to do is being to respect yourself. If you straight up hate yourself, it's because you aren't taking responsibility. I don't know the whole story of your life, but I suggest you build self-respect by doing something, every single day without excuse, towards a goal higher than yourself.

This boyfriend, ANY boyfriend, will fail to respect you if you are not someone worthy of respect. And if you lay all your positivity on him without using any of your energy to make yourself a better person, he'll pick up on that. Hell, you would too.
>>
>>18370684
Also forgot to mention, love and affection from someone who gives it liberally and without reason is pretty much meaningless. It'll get old quick to any partner.
>>
a man will see when her girl is in need of attention, and will give you some, unless he doesnt care

not too much but just a little so you stop being crazy for a while
>>
>>18370640
How often are you talking to him? Are you one of those text every 10 minute types? If so you might just be crowding him.
>>
>>18370966
No I basically respond when he gets back to me or I will send him a random text saying something nice occasionally. He texts me quite a bit depending on if he has time which is the same with me. So maybe like every 2 hours or more sometimes it really depends.
>>
>>18370640
>considering we're in a LDR
you dont actually have a bf
>>
>>18370994
I've met him before and I'm planning on moving with him in about a month or so. He came to my prom and everything so I think it's pretty real
>>
>>18371042
I normally am not one to advocate you taking advice from strangers on the internet, especially since you are clearly young, naive and shy away from responsibility.

But please, do not move a long distance to live with someone you aren't even sure respects you. That's just fucking stupid.
>>
>>18370640
The WHOLE point of a boy friend is to enrich your life. If he doesn't, he isn't.
>>
>>18371061
True actually. It's just a plan and not for certain so I can stop it now.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.