[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUI HELP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 1456855423037.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1456855423037.gif
929KB, 264x320px
I got a DUI about a month ago and my first court date for the ticket is in a week. Any advice on how to handle this?

My axle broke on the freeway causing me to hit the rear end of the car in front of me. I live in So Cal and took the Breathalyzer test twice with varying results (according to CHP, they wouldn't tell me the results), and then opted for the blood test on the third and documented test. I have not seen the results of those tests.The ticket is for a misdemeanor, 23152(b) 23152 (a)

help me out yes?
>>
The crash don't mean nothing it's what the test come back. Unless you killed them in crash that's a different story
>>
File: winkyface.jpg (74KB, 640x506px) Image search: [Google]
winkyface.jpg
74KB, 640x506px
>>18370018
show up 30 minutes early, dress professional, act polite and civilized.
>>
>>18370045
thats actually quite helpful, but im also wondering if

I should fight it?

should i get a lawyer?

is there any information i should request for my court date?

this is my first ticket ever so i really dont know how to... "courtroom"?
>>
>>18370075
You can't fight a breathalyzer or bac test you jerk face !! You crashed cops came seen you all drunk and you failed the test. And your axle broke when you hit the other car jerk we are not your parents to try to lie about the situation to make you seem not guilty bitch. Your gonna get probation ,comm service and maybe a breathalyzer on your car jerk. Don't be driving drunk crashing into me when i got a call full of drugs driving correct you scumbag
>>
>>18370018
If the price of accepting the consent of your actions is greater than the cost of a lawyer, hire a lawyer. He will reschedule your initial court date.
>>
>>18370113

How would I know the price of a guilty plea though? They don't tell you your sentence until after you're found guilty?
Again, not savvy with courtroom procedure and protocol.
>>
>>18370131
You stupid fuck if it's your first time your getting reset court date. Their not gonna lock you up their going to give you probation long enough for you to fuck up then they get to fuck you in the ass. They give you enough rope to hang yourself. Just get fucked right away no probation
>>
Also wondering if this will affect my job in anyway. . . I'm a bartender.

And how long does it take to get your licence back?
>>
>>18370325
Tabc wont mess with you but it is showing up on your dl immediately. Expect dui class fines surcharges and hi insurance
>>
File: 1489472845680.jpg (21KB, 682x414px) Image search: [Google]
1489472845680.jpg
21KB, 682x414px
>>18370018

>My axle broke on the freeway causing me to hit the rear end of the car in front of me

Are you saying your car fucked up on you for some reason, causing you to hit another car, and you just HAPPENED to be drunk?

Or did you crash into the other car, breaking your axle in the collision?
>>
>>18370379
I know that it sounds fictitious, but I really have no reason to lie anonymously on the internet. Yes, something happened to my vehicle causing me to swerve-- it was CHP themselves who said it looked like my axle had snapped. I'm not knowledgeable on cars myself but my car had just had new shocks put in a couple weeks prior to the accident and my car may have had body damage from an accident a year ago when both drivers side tires blew out.

I am a bartender and I was on my way home from work, at the end of our shift we did a cocktail tasting. I don't believe I was drunk when I began driving that night, but admittedly by the time I was half way through the police report the alcohol was definitely hitting me. The anxiety from the entire ordeal made it even worse; I have never been in an accident involving another car before.

I don't hold out much hope for fighting this ticket, because yes, by the time I was dealing with the police I was under the influence. I also don't have the finances for a lawyer (I bar tend to support myself through school).

But I'm not sure if there's a way to fight part of your ticket? I don't want to plea guilty to an entire police report that I haven't even been able to read.
>>
>>18370018

Please see
>>18370045

Just accept your punishment and move on. Unless you have a legitimate case to argue do not hire a lawyer. If you have a vagina then perhaps you can get some leniency on your sentence if you play your cards right as you do live in cuckifornia
>>
>>18370018
>help me out yes?
not if you were fucking driving drunk I'm not. do you have any idea how many drunk assholes in trucks have been a problem for me driving a tiny car down here in the south? I legit got slammed into a center barrier going 80 down the freeway by a drunk, fat, asshole. would have died by my car flipping onto the median and grinding my upper body off if I didn't know what I was doing.

if you drive drunk I hope you go to prison you degenerate.
>>
File: Ya1TSOT.jpg (75KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Ya1TSOT.jpg
75KB, 500x333px
>>18370513
>>
>>18370513
>Southerner
>Implying we wouldn't be better off without you too Cletus
>Implying you're not also a degenerate like everyone else on a Chinese basket-weaving board
>>
>>18370520
wanting drunk drivers to go to prison is not edgy.
>>18370544
without the energy, agricultural products, imports, and the percentage of men that go into the military in the south, particularly all of those things from texas; you wouldn't have a country anything like what you've got today.
>>
>>18370513
Sounds like your problem is more "the south" then drunk drivers. "drunk assholes in trucks" are the majority of your population.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>18370641
nah, drunk drivers exist in the rockies too, only there I had to deal with ice and drunk drivers.

also
>drunk assholes in trucks meme
wrong.
>>
See a lawyer OP. The consultation is usually free.
>>
>>18370659
typically its an illegal in a crappy versa or something, the only reason I mention trucks is because the drunkies in trucks are aggressive whereas the illegals in versas are easily picked out and are more stupid than threatening.
>>
>>18370461
Perhaps I should be more specifically asking advice on how to get some leniency. . .
>>
>>18370663
Thank you!

Any advice on finding and consulting with a lawyer? Or are a few google searches of "DUI lawyers" enough to find an adequate lawyer?
>>
get ready to pay a shit ton of money
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.