[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

phone data problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 0KG4uF0.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0KG4uF0.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Recently got a new phone, used it without a Sim card, got on the internet and all that fine.

Then I got a my old Sim card cut down to size to use in my new phone. I'm doing the exact same I was before, but now it keeps saying I'm going over my 'data limit' What even is that? Why should I have it? Basically I'm losing money for playing phone games and using the internet on my phone. I don't understand? I haven't started calling or texting people AT ALL. So basically I now have to pay to do stuff that previously I was doing for free just because of this Sim card. What?

For now I've just taken the Sim Card out again, it's not like I call people. I really don't understand this.
>>
Have you set a data limit on the phone? Or did you use the available data on your SIM on your old phone? Otherwise, I'm certain you must have been using WiFi on your phone without the SIM, not data.

And calling and texting people is completely different
>>
>>18368052
I've got a 2 gig Data limit, yeah. I didn't use it on my old phone, it's been used on this one through shit like the Internet. I've got Data upload disabled on my phone too so I have no idea what's going on.

Why is this any different now though? I want to use Wifi and not pay for data or anything like I did before.
>>
>>18368067
What are you talking about? Do you understand that there is a difference between data and WiFi?
>>
>>18368091
My 'internet' app is using the most data.
>>
>>18368102
Is it data, as in the sort of internet you can use on-the-go (may also be known as 3G or 4G), or is it WiFi that it is using?
>>
>>18368112
It must be data as otherwise I wouldn't be over the limit, but at the top of my phone the 'data' is turned off

Anyway I think I fixed it, I just turn off anything to do with Data I possibly could. I just wish I knew what was going on
>>
>>18368102
Ofc it is. Do you have wifi enabled?
>>
>>18368130
Yes.
>>
>>18368139
And connected to a wifi network? With mobile data turned off? Your data notification app is screwy then.
>>
There's an option for "cellular assist" or something like that in my iPhone that could be what's using the data
>>
There's an option in the Android settings that tracks data usage. It's just a QOL thing.
That's probably what's popping up, unless its showing up on your bill. Your subscription/plan/whatever is attached to your SIM, could be that too.
>>
you might have had that shitty option enabled where it uses both your wifi and data to boost speeds or whatever
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.