[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get out of a rage loop? Like the thing where you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1636.jpg (74KB, 552x993px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1636.jpg
74KB, 552x993px
How do you get out of a rage loop?

Like the thing where you're pissed off and try to do things to help it but shit doesn't help and that pisses you off more and you do something impulsive that makes shit worse and that pisses you off more and on and on

I punched a fucking wall and now there's a hole in it and I rent this fucking place and if I had a gun I'd have shot myself by now

Fantasising about breaking into my neighbour's house, taking his gun and shooting myself
>>
>>18366194

Chill for a second. Go to sleep, and try to relax. Go at it again with a clear head.
>>
>>18366202
I. CAN. NOT. FUCKING. SLEEP. LIKE. THIS.

I CAN'T. FUCKING. CALM. DOWN.

THAT IS LITERALLY THE FUCKING PROBLEM THAT WE ARE HAVING HERE RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>18366194

Realize that getting pissed off isn't making things any better, and in fact tends to make the situation worse, and escalating.

Calm the fuck down, figure out your situation, do something about it, don't punch more things/commit crimes because you're pissed.
>>
>>18366220

Well, you'll have to relax. What do you like to do to relax?
>>
>>18366220
go for a run release some energy i promise youll sleep and if you dont just run some more. Its win win, youll either be less angry or become fit and be able to fuck hot girls
>>
I stopped hitting stuff after I fucked up my hand.

I have to resolve any fights with an intimidation check, because I'm likely to fuck my hand fighting.
>>
>>18366222
I am absolutely crystal clear and perfectly aware that it is not beneficial to me in any way at all and as a matter of fact is the opposite of it.

I am incapable of calming down.

>>18366227
I don't relax. I get drunk or take pills to sleep and I don't have either.

>>18366233
It's pitch black and pouring fucking rain out there and the fact that I couldn't go out in the first place is what started it.

And I hate sex and want nothing to do with girls.
>>
>>18366248
>I don't relax.

Well, that's your problem right there. Try watching a movie. Maybe masturbate furiously until you are tired. Or run.

Listening to music might help, too.
>>
Pushups while you attempt to meditate yourself into exhaustion?

You could also tell us what exactly has you so upset, sometimes writing it out helps a lot.
>>
>>18366250
I can't focus on a movie, I can't go out there and I don't masturbate.
>>
>>18366259

What about music?
>>
>>18366258
It was pouring rain out there so I couldn't go out despite of having planned to do that all day so now I'm stuck at home, something I ate won't settle and I don't have a gag reflex so I'll just have to throw it up in the little mouthfuls it happens to come up, I took the rest of the pills that are supposed to calm me down and they won't, and I punched a wall and now I have to get that fucking wall fixed and my knuckle is bleeding.
>>
I have the same problem OP. People don't get it, telling us to calm down is like telling a depressed person "just be happy". It feeds off itself, and before you know it you're pacing back and forth with a heart rate of 180, just waiting to take a bite out of somebody.

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice beyond 'smoke weed', if you don't already. One hit is a reset button for me; all my anger melts away into a calm. I know opinions on weed are pretty split down the middle, but that's my suggestion. Anyone I know with volatile anger keeps it in check by smoking. Yeah it's a bit degenerate, but the fuck are we supposed to do? There's no flag for people like us.
>>
>>18366265
How's that supposed to help? It'll only piss me off more.
>>
>>18366274

Depends on what kind of music you listen to.
>>
>>18366280
Then what kind of music am I supposed to be listening to?
>>
>>18366284

One that helps you relax. Maybe try different styles in Youtube for a while.
>>
>>18366286
IF THERE WAS SOME FUCKING SONG THAT COULD CALM ME DOWN DON'T YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE DONE THAT BY NOW
>>
>>18366294

Can't hurt to try, though, can it? Give it a shot.
>>
Kill yourself, idiot. There is no place for unstable shitheads in society.
>>
>>18366294
maybe this calm u down (?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fOmQLsO0so
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaUQbQ2PL-4&t=931s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqqzCgCCsNg
>>
>>18366302
I opened youtube and couldn't think of a single song I wouldn't hate hearing right now.

>>18366304
Pretending you're better than me might soothe your ego temporarily but you'll still die alone and unlovable.
>>
>>18366311
>I opened youtube and couldn't think of a single song I wouldn't hate hearing right now.

Worth a shot. Try thinking of something else to do.
>>
>>18366269
You don't need to go outside to do push-ups, do you?

Take a hot shower, then maybe turn it cold right at the end. Get some ginger tea next time you can. Maybe see a nutritionist and figure out what your body needs.

But people could probably give you better advice if you told us what has you so angry. Meanwhile, maybe this talk will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KesOnftWES8
>>
>>18366319
Ended up cutting myself. Nothing too childish, just light scrapes on the knee just enough to draw blood.

I don't know if it's this, the pills kicking in or if it just wore off on its own, but I think I'll be going to bed.
>>
>>18366330

Awesome, a good sleep will bring you down.

Word of advice, don't be afraid to reach out. Even if you don't have frineds or family, most cities have places where people in your situation can get help.

Good luck OP.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.