[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I too tall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 14

>tfw you're a 5'7 girl

Do guys like women who are taller than them? I've been feeling self conscious about my height recently as I've noticed a lot of guys I meet are my height or shorter. I feel like I'm going to live a life of loneliness because of this. I'm 20
>>
>>18366036
You're the perfect height imo. I'm a few inches taller than you and have had quite a lot of trouble with men under 6'.

Manlets have plenty of womanlets to mate with, don't bother with them.
>>
It's called long led syndrome. Certain guys love it and look for it , try to find that guy because even if you don't love him I'm sure he's loving you
>>
Don't worry you're not :) being the same or a similar height as your partner makes things like kissing easier.

There's nothing wrong with you, you'll find someone. Just embrace your high! ;)
>>
Men don't care about girls height unless they're a literal midget or like 6' 3"

Girls only seem to care about height though
>>
Where do you live, are people really short there? Europe here, the same height as you and I've never felt tall in my life. Few guys are shorter and most much taller.
>>
I'm not very tall, pretty average desu, but i'd still date a girl like you, on the contrary I think it's cool when the girl is taller.
>>
>>18366058
Idk where that desu came from, I meant to be honest.
>>
Plenty of men like tall girls but many shorter men might feel intimidated

My first gf was 5'11 with me being 5'8''. I liked her but I'm an insecure mess so it kinda hit me. 5'7'' is a pretty nice height imo, you look nice with heels next to good looking men and you can just wear flat shoes and date manlets just the same.
>>
Pretty good height way less neck pain for a decently tall dude
>>
File: 1391036432550.jpg (19KB, 389x388px) Image search: [Google]
1391036432550.jpg
19KB, 389x388px
>>18366058
>>18366061
>being this new
>>
I'm 5ft7 and I think it's the perfect height. Make sure you're as hot as possibly can be and I guarantee you won't have any issues.

Also, aim for the taller guys. 6ft+.
>>
http://news.rice.edu/2014/02/10/is-height-important-in-matters-of-the-heart-new-study-says-yes-2/

About 13% of men require the woman to be shorter, and about 50% of women require the man to be taller. So no, even though you are still considerably below the male height average, it would still have a negligible effect even if you were taller.
>>
>>18366053
I live in the US but like near the border (Texas). I'm not entirely sure about the average height here honestly and some of my friends are slightly shorter than me.
>>
>>18366036
face and body matters a lot more than height
>>
>>18366085
Never noticed that faggotry.
>>
File: camilla height.jpg (39KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
camilla height.jpg
39KB, 400x480px
>>
>>18366036
Most guys are taller than you. Relax.
>>
5'7" is a great height. I'm 5'10" and it does tend to limit my dating pool.
>>
>>18366321
Its hard to especially when someone you love is slightly shorter than you and you feel like he secretly hates it :(
>>
File: 1494867294395.jpg (480KB, 2400x1790px) Image search: [Google]
1494867294395.jpg
480KB, 2400x1790px
5'10 is the official femlet cutoff.
>>
>>18366422
>Its hard to especially when someone you love is slightly shorter than you

It won't fail because of his height, but likely because you are influenced by 4chan with or without your awareness due to daily exposure, 4chan tells you the guy is a manlet and there are bigger men out there who would date you. So even if you are a 5/10 you would look for bigger men.
>>
>>18366443
It says 5'8
>>
Are u really only looking for height in a relationship?

Also ur not that tall, too tall would be 6ft or so, ideally 5,7 5,8 is a good height because heels
>>
I actually prefer tall women over short women, but then again i'm 5"11. I'd be a pretty happy manlet even if it meant needing to make up for it.
>>
>>18366480
I'm not. I personally don't mind dating someone shorter than me I worry about them minding
>>
>>18366036
5'7 is honestly not that tall.

I'm 5'10 and although still a virgin (by choice though) I kissed guys as tall as 6'8 to some noticeably shorter than me. My only boyfriend was a bit shorter. I myself don't give a shit about height so I don't limit myself to taller guys.

Your height is not gonna be an issue in dating and there's no point in being self conscious - especially, as I said, 5'7 is not that tall.
I used to be embarrassed by my height when I was a kid but now I don't see it as a bad thing and neither should you.

Now if you're not gonna date a guy that's your height that's your problem. But anyway there's plenty of guys above 5'7
>>
>>18366504
Most short man do tho, I personally won't mind my woman taller than me by a inch or so, this has to do with male psychology and stuff,

So yeah in short most manlet would mind
>>
>>18366529
Also I think that's why so many people go for asian woman, cus they are tiny as fuck
>>
>>18366036
I am 6' 2'' and a lot of the guys I know are over 6'. I don't think you are tall enough for your height to be an issue. Also I think caring about height is more of issue women have. If you don't care then I don't think he will care.
>>
>>18366036
>do guys like girls who
Yes. There is someone out there for you. Men are not universally coded to like specific things.
>>
File: IMG_20161204_015413.jpg (10KB, 207x202px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161204_015413.jpg
10KB, 207x202px
>>18366443
I'm barley safe
>>
>>18366036
perfect height anonnette, as has been said it makes a lot of things easier and guys don't tend to care too much about height though most prefer to be taller. though any guy with a gf that wears heels is likely used to her being at least a little taller. though at your height, heels put you right under even with my height and I'm essentially average height for most of the developed world.
>>
>>18366622
OK manlet
>>
File: average heights.png (104KB, 1617x443px) Image search: [Google]
average heights.png
104KB, 1617x443px
>>18366634
I'm 5'10", do go on.
>>
>>18366646
>yfw your gf is taller than you when she wear heels.
is there such a thing as height cucked?
>>
>>18366036

All these people who put emphasis on the height of their partner are mostly:

a: white
b: retarded
c: middle-class or above

The rest of us normal people don't care how tall you are if you're a great person.
>>
>>18366036
You're not too tall in the slightest, OP. Though this is also coming from a guy who wants an Amazon for a girlfriend
>>
>>18366962
let me put it this way, OP is taller than average and would have to wear like 5 inch heels to get the 4 inches of height boost to be about a half inch or less taller than me in my normal sneakers.

I don't have this problem, I was trying to be nice to shorter guys and make OP feel less conscious about her height. 5'10" is above average, not manlet territory.
>>
>>18367198
and if we're going to a dressy event and I'm in dress shoes, she would need 6 inch heels to be taller. like I really... what are you here for?
>>
>>18367198
>>
File: 1489630934667.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489630934667.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
I'm 6'2 and Imo tall chicks are pretty great as they feel like a real women like maybe it's something feral but ij like tall women who aren't skeletons and are a little on the heavier side and also I like the thought of my offspring being beast.
>>
File: 676.jpg (364KB, 1304x892px) Image search: [Google]
676.jpg
364KB, 1304x892px
>>18367204
seriously tho, i think op is good, and who cares if ur 5"8 or 5"10, as longs as ur fine with it
>>
File: i-am-not-a-manlet-1050335.png (141KB, 500x557px) Image search: [Google]
i-am-not-a-manlet-1050335.png
141KB, 500x557px
>>18367535
I think most dude are ok with girlfriend being a bit taller, those above 6 ft anyways.because u cant find that many girls above that height, and it adds that exotic factor.
>>
File: IMG_1276.jpg (39KB, 540x518px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1276.jpg
39KB, 540x518px
>>
>>18366036
The vast majority of guys are taller than 5'7". If you're into one who's shorter, go for it, but he will probably be less likely to initiate anything himself. Even if being a tall woman was a dating death sentence (it's not), you're not nearly tall enough for it to matter.
>>
>>18366036
I'm your height and never had trouble finding guys.
The guys I dated were either around my height or very tall and never minded it.
>>
Thank you all. I definitely feel reassured now or at least a little more so now. I wish this didn't bother me to begin with
>>
I do. but I'm 5'3 and have a bit of a subby streak in me. at my height if I didnt date taller girls, I'd date no one.
>>
>>18366036
be grateful you have beautiful tallfag genes, this coming from a 6'4" male.

unless you're attracted to manlets, you have nothing to worry about.

also this >>18366107
>>
>>18369726
I don't exactly try to be attracted to shorter guys.... I just happen to fall in love with someone then I forget about their height, but I do remember mine :/
>>
>>18366036
5'6 guy here, assuming you were my type, I would still date/marry you.
>>
5'2" girl here.

I think you should embrace your height, I've had plenty of tall friends (girls) and from speaking to them, most guys aren't too picky about it!

Also, most men are taller than you anyways, and even if they're not, it shouldn't cause any problems. My boyfriends 5'9", and he's considered short for his age (19).

TLDR; Embrace the gift of being tall, people like me would kill to be your height. Don't worry.
>>
>do guys like women who are taller than them

I lost my virginity to a girl who was taller than me. I was madly in love with her.

And the last two girls I've been interested in were in the 5'7"-5'8" or so range. I actually prefer that height in girls. I get a motherly vibe from girls that height, very specific girls though. And very rarely does it happen.

male 31. 5'6"
>>
>do all [x] like [y] that is [z]?

The answer to this question will always be NO
>>
>>18370548
>5'2" girl here.
that's hot
>>
>>18370609
I wanna expand on this too. I would have spent the rest of my life with that girl had things gone right, but they didn't.

So OP, you really have nothing to worry about if the person truly loves you. The real problems come when you attract people who don't care about you.
>>
>>18366036
Manlet here. I'd definitely fuck a taller girl.
>>
>tfw 6'1" but prefer girls my height
I think I'd rather be my height than a manlet, but I don't really find short girls as attractive.
>>
>>18366036
Honestly, as long as a girl has features I find attractive idc how tall she is unless it's over like 6'2".
The most attractive I've ever met was 5'9", I'm 5'8". She had an 11/10 body through and through.
>>
I honestly think people are more harsh about weight than they are about height. If you're tall and slender or at least normal sized, you're basically a dream girl in most peoples' eyes. I'm 5'0 and fat and I don't think being short helps me that much at all.
>>
>>18366036

I'm a 5'7 girl too.

I think it's a good height, because it usually comes with nice proportions, and it's way easier to stay skinny. There's a reason why most models are tall.

People also tend to take you more seriously in professional settings, compared to short women.
You might have to put in extra effort to be feminine, but it's worth it. Just don't be insecure and walk with a bad posture to appear shorter, don't dress like a guy, and try to stay skinny.

It probably depends on where you live, I'm taller than most girls I meet, while most guys are taller than me.
Also being tall is like an automatic shit test for short guys, which is kinda nice tbqh. My 6'4 bf is pretty cool.
>>
>>18372392
>My 6'4 bf is pretty cool
lol suuuure
>>
>>18366443
>tfw '5'0"
>>
5'11" guy here. My girlfriend is 5'10" and it has never once bothered me or crossed my mind. Dem long legs! Granted, I'm still taller than her but I wouldn't really give a shit if she was taller than me. As an average man, if the girl was taller than me, who cares? I'm still average.
Now, if I was 5'6" and the girl I was dating was taller than me, that might bug me a bit because I would be way below average for a man and she would be well above average for a woman but most men are 5'9-10 anyway.
>>
>>18366036
my gf is your height and I actually wish she was taller, don't beat yourself up over this it's alright
>>
>>18366036
Most men are still taller than you and most men don't really give a shit how tall you are. Some men shorter than you will even find it a turn on while some will be insecure about it. If you're worried about your bf being insecure about your height then just eyerape him a little and he'll be fine.
>>
>>18370548
>he's considered short for his age (19).
Don't most people stop growing around 18?
>>
>>18372814
>eyerape
What did he mean by this??
>>
You are basically the perfect height to land a nice man. Congrats.
>>
>>18372816
Women. For men it's around 25.
>>
>>18366036
5'7'' is a very nice height for a girl. It's scary for manlets, but why would you want to date a manlet?
>>
File: 1492141055756.jpg (88KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492141055756.jpg
88KB, 1280x800px
>all these people telling open why would you ever want a man let
>tfw 5'5" male but have a thing for taller women
I always found them pretty.
Although I understand that most women aren't cool with the looks people give when the dude is shorter.

Fuck the world man, I just want a taller chick to warp my arms around when spooning. It's kinda odd, but I want to pat that head of a taller gal.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.