[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suing a company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1488514163790.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488514163790.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
I bought a lightbox (bright light therapy device) a few months ago. I used it for a week, and thinking it was odd how it seemed to burn into my retinas for 20 minutes after use, I checked the reviews again and saw that someone said they contacted the company and there were misprints in the instructions, meaning I was using it literally 10x closer than I was meant to. I contacted the company, and they confirmed this.

Since this week of use, whenever I go from daylight to shade, I see waves of colours for a few seconds in my vision where I aimed the device. A few months down the line, I start seeing flashes of light in my peripheral vision when I turn my head at night, becoming aware that I've also had lots of floaters for a while now. Turns out I got vitreous detachment in both eyes. I had them checked and my retinas are ok, but I'm still paranoid and I was absolutely terrified for days of going blind.

My vision was pretty much perfect before I used this piece of shit device. How much can I expect to get if I take this company to court and win the case, and what are my chances of winning?
>>
Next time don't buy shitty gimmicks
>>
>>18365078
I thought this was /adv/, not /b/
>>
People sue for anything...if they don't got a story they'll make one...
>>
>>18365083
>come to /adv/ for advice
>get advice
>complain because you dont like it

Let me second that anon's advice - next time dont buy shit gimmicks. Like seriously a healing light? Lol. Next thing you know youll be buying some sort of weird penis pump to make your dick bigger and end up with permanent erectile dysfunction. And then shining your stupid idiot flashlight on your broken limp dick while paying for "healing frequency" audio clips.

Face it. You got suckered.
>>
>>18365118
I didn't ask for your shitty opinion on what you think is or isn't a gimmick, you stupid shitbird. I asked for legal advice.

>>18365111
So is that in my favour or no?
>>
You're a dumbass.
>>
>>18365066
The first step to suing a company is having proof that they wronged you in some way. You'll need a doctor to confirm that this retarded light you bought harmed you.

If you care more about the money than your health though, just talk to a lawyer and ask them if they think you have a case to make.
>>
Look sue if you think the shit fucked u up ...will you win that's up to a judge not 4chan
>>
>>18365140
I care far more about my health. But the damage is done. And I've been checked up. Now I want compensation
>>
>>18365162
>And I've been checked up. Now I want compensation
So did a doctor confirm that your eyes were damaged by it, or did you not tell them how it happened? It's pretty important that you have some sort of documentation specifically stating that you were harmed by the product produced by that company, or at least by SOMETHING that vaguely describes what happened. For example, "Anon's eyes were damaged due to exposure to intense light because he got scammed into buying a special snowflake light thing". If you don't have anything along those lines, you'll probably need to eventually go back to the doctor, depending on what a lawyer has to say about it.

So yeah, just talk with a lawyer and see if they think your case is worth it. If not, then you'll really just have to do it on your own.
>>
>>18365219
Thanks, appreciate it
>>
Look around for class-action attorneys and ask if they have any cases against this company (what's the company name?) An individual attorney who specializes in personal injury law is another place to start.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.