[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I unreasonable to want to be paid back in full?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: amazon_logo_500500._V323939215_.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
amazon_logo_500500._V323939215_.png
14KB, 500x500px
>Be me
>Just started working for Amazon May 19th.
>Work one full week (4 shifts)
>Show up for work on Sunday and my badge won't unlock the turnstiles
>HR tells me I was suspended from work because my information is incomplete in their system?
>They need my SS card (which I already fucking gave them on the 19th, which was my new hire orientation day)
>Tell me to go back home and report back with SS card the next day
>Next day
>Show up with SS card and driver's license in hand
>Told that my information will take a whole day to process and that I can't work AGAIN.
>I work 4 10-hour shifts, so this amounts to a quarter of a paycheck so far that I'm not getting
>(So far) I've wasted half a tank of gas driving over 140 miles getting there and back twice, for nothing

Is there precedence to push them to compensate me for 2 whole days of work (or more if they have the nerve to turn me away AGAIN)? I commuted all the way over there and back twice now, for absolutely fucking nothing. I gave them all of the information they asked for on the 19th during my orientation, and I don't think they would have allowed me in the facility to begin with if I didn't. HR told me that I'm only allowed to work 3 shifts without my information being completed, but at NO POINT during the 50 hours I've worked there (5 fucking shifts) did anyone approach me and tell me that I had forms to complete or information missing. They tried ONE TIME to reach out to me, which was on Sunday, while I was already on the road to work. Tried calling the number back and I get "this isn't a working number". There was literally no way for me to know that someone had mishandled my information, and so far, this fuckup is costing ME quite a bit of money in lost wages and gas. Am I unreasonable to want full compensation for those 2 days so far?

Also, AMA about Amazon
>>
Damn that's a lot of miles, but then again you knew how far it was when you registered for the job. Let's just hope that Amazon sticks to the word and there's no more bullshit problems.

With that said you should always have a plan b especially since you're wasting gas on some bullshit the company makes up.
>>
>>18364995
>Damn that's a lot of miles, but then again you knew how far it was when you registered for the job.
I'm perfectly happy making the commute all the way there, but it's for my job where I make money. I haven't made any money in the last 3 days because of their error. So far this whole thing is going to end up costing $400+

>>18364995
>With that said you should always have a plan b
What do you mean by plan B?
>>
In Canada an employer has to pay you 2 hours worth of work if you show up and they turn you away.
Perhaps there is laws like that in your state, or even federally. But AFAIK labour laws are state issued in 'murrica
>>
>>18365013
Damn good thing those hard working businessmen fought for "Right to Work"
>>
>>18365008
Well if I have to drive more than 50 miles to work and it's just a little job and not a career* I'm making then I always have a back-up plan. I have two jobs and the second one is much closer to home.

*a career is I've been with the company for years and I know all the ins and outs of it
>>
>>18365025
Government reimbursement guidelines for driving is .54 cents per mile.
$75.60 would be the most you could hope for. You did no work and if they're nice you could use sick or vacation time.
>>
>>18365013
>In Canada an employer has to pay you 2 hours worth of work if you show up and they turn you away.
>Perhaps there is laws like that in your state
Yeah, we are protected by a similar law here. I'm not sure exactly how many hours they're required to compensate me, but I'm hit quite a bit harder by this than most people because my 40 hours are split up among 4 days rather than 5. I'm specifically talking about full compensation for both days I've missed so far because 1. each day of work is more valuable to me than for someone who works 5 8-hour shifts, 2. the commute isn't really something I'm expecting to be compensated for, but seriously, 140 fucking miles driven for absolutely NOTHING, and last but not least, 3. this whole thing was absolutely, 100000% their fault. They mishandled my most sensitive information. They didn't bother telling me that there was an issue until I had wasted time and money driving myself there, only to be told that I'm suspended at the gates. I am just so disgusted by the thought of having to lose $400+ because of someone else's error.

This whole situation happened because someone, somewhere along the line ON THEIR END is monumentally incompetent and mishandled very sensitive and important information.
>>
>>18364959

Talk to the HR rep. Might give you some leeway or none. You are expendable so don't lose your cool.

If they don't care, chalk it up as a loss and continue on. Use this job as a stepping stone and get out of there
>>
>>18365037
forgot tripcodes, but this is me.
>>
>>18365025
>Well if I have to drive more than 50 miles to work and it's just a little job and not a career
Well, I don't have a plan B at the moment. Amazon seems like good enough of a job with perfectly fair compensation, benefits, and plenty of room to move up. Aside from this horrendous blemish on my opinion of them, I am actually quite happy there.

>>18365034
>Government reimbursement guidelines for driving is .54 cents per mile. $75.60 would be the most you could hope for.
That would be pretty great if I got that, actually.

>>18365034
>You did no work and if they're nice you could use sick or vacation time.
I did no work because they wouldn't let me past the first room in the facility. I showed up EARLY for work 2 days in a row, ready and excited to work. This was strictly their fault and even HR has absolutely no hopes of trying to prove otherwise. No matter what, this should end up costing me anything. If they expect to hit my PTO or vacation time, I'll elevate this issue as high as it needs to go.
>>
>>18365039
>Talk to the HR rep. Might give you some leeway or none.
I don't think that the HR reps in Amazon fulfillment centers are in a position to "argue" my compensation. In my experience there so far, the HR personnel seem like they don't really know what they're doing. They're basically just given to tools to -facilitate- the whole HR process.

Talking with the HR girl yesterday, I said "I really don't want to argue with you about this, because I'm sure it's over your head and you don't really have a choice in how much I'm compensated, but I'd like to elevate this issue to someone else who can help me if I feel that I'm not being compensated fairly for it." and she agreed, telling me that I'm free to bring it higher up if I'm not satisfied with things.

>>18365039
>You are expendable so don't lose your cool.
I mean, I really don't think they're going to fire me for THEIR screwup. All I intend to do is tell that I feel that their compensation is very unfair (if it's less than 5 hours for each day I forcibly missed) since it was completely their fault.

>>18365039
>If they don't care, chalk it up as a loss and continue on.
Well, I'm pretty sure that I can escalate the issue all the way up to the big boss of the entire facility. How far do you think it would be safe to take this? Of course, bearing in mind that HR isn't really as serious here as in most other jobs and that Amazon IS pretty fair to their employees from what I've seen so far.
>>
Look if you were there working the shift leader knows and should back that up ...their not paying you if you don't work even though your on schedule and they told you to go home
>>
First the radio, then the bus, then the news, and now 4chan? You people are desperate for workers in your shit hole
>>
>>18365097
It is their fault, most likely the recruiter who you did the paperwork with at the hiring event where you showed your SS and other identification.

However, that doesn't really matter since you're now an employee who has to deal with the HR rep. You told them your deal and its up to them whether they feel they should add your hours or not.

You can also write a note to higher HR on whatever the portal they use where you manage your hours and whatnot

Otherwise, keep up with the claim and pick up another extra shift to make up for the cash. If you don't, someone else will
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.