[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wrote a 10 page paper for a friend of mine for $100. Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 7827785878_34859830a8_z.jpg (147KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
7827785878_34859830a8_z.jpg
147KB, 612x612px
I wrote a 10 page paper for a friend of mine for $100. Problem is he has only paid me 40 in cash. He tried to get out of paying me the next 20 by buying me dinner and other bullshit. It has now been over a month since he paid me and he still owes me another 40, 60 if I don't count his dinner scam. He said he would pay me the next 20 two weeks ago and he still hasn't. I have reminded him several times and plan to do so again tomorrow, but he is ignoring me and I have a feeling he is trying not to pay me the rest. If he refuses to pay me by the end of this week I am going to report him to his college. However since the school year is over now, what kind of trouble could he get in if I report him over the summer? Colleges usually make a big deal about plagiarism so I am seeking the harshest punishment. I've written many other papers for him as well, so would this be enough to get him expelled permanently? Also since we go to different schools, nothing can happen to me right? This is all assuming he doesn't pay me what he owes.
>>
>>18364036
If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.
>>
kek, they'll tell your school you're selling your papers. Don't think you won't go down for this too. Colleges take plagiarism very seriously after all, and most colleges are in contact with one another.

Suck it up, ignore your petty need for revenge because you're only gonna fuck yourself over more. Be thankful you got dinner and 40 bucks out of him, never write another paper for him again.
You do shady business, you gotta realize you're gonna get scammed at some point. Your buddy knows you can't touch him without getting in trouble yourself too.
>>
Worst they'll do is give him an F for whatever class it was, maybe put him on academic probation for next semester, provided you really can prove it's not his work.
He can probably spin it on you and say you're the one that stole his papers.

Truth is, schools don't actually give a fuck about plagiarism as much as they let on. I've cheated most of my way through college, very blatantly, and they've never done shit.
They're a business. They want this dudes money, no way in hell are they gonna suspend him or expel him. That just means they're gonna lose money. No, instead they'll just tell you "Uh hah. yeah k dude we'll def look into that" and ignore you. Too much work to investigate, especially since you don't even go there.
>>
>>18364036
I wouldn't report him dood, it might have some unintentional blow back on you. This would mean an educational institution and state government having some certified statement that you are participating in fraud. Just ask the dood to pay a little at a time or you know, just work one day at a real job and make more than this petty bullshit.

Are you going to document to the government that you are a fraudulent fuck up for less than a days wages.

Sorry man. Grow up bro and find a real job.
>>
>>18364063
I doubt I will get in trouble. College plagiarism isn't illegal and I haven't plagiarized anything myself at my school, so my school has nothing to do with this. I will simply sue them if they try to get me in trouble.

>>18364080
I've looked at his school's policy and it says they will either give him an F, suspend him or expel him. I want him expelled. I have enough proof, I have all the papers I wrote plus the text messages and emails. Sure they want his money but they have enough suckers paying 30k a year, it's not worth their reputation if I make a big enough deal about it.

>>18364085
It's not about the money, it's about the principle. He is trying to scam me and use me. Plus I found out he was talking shit, so I want him to pay me so I have the last laugh
>>
Sometimes you get fucked out of money, OP.
Never talk to this guy ever again and spread his bad reputation around.
>>
>>18364110
>It's not about the money, it's about the principle.
>He is trying to scam me and use me.
That's very moralistic for someone scamming the educational system.
>>
>>18364110
>I doubt I will get in trouble. College plagiarism isn't illegal and I haven't plagiarized anything myself at my school, so my school has nothing to do with this.
Academic integrity is important. It could risk their entire reputation if they let this slide which has a lot more repercussions for them than if they just disciplined. Not to mention, a university institution that can run things however they want to, they're not a public sector.

>I will simply sue them if they try to get me in trouble.
I promise you, they have a LOT more resources for legal fees than you do. That's assuming you even have a case, which you won't.

Honestly though, I don't know why I'm trying to reason with someone as irrational as you.
>>
>>18364110
>I will simply sue them if they try to get me in trouble.
Who and for what? This is beyond stupid.
>>
>>18364110
>Implying one snot nosed kid "making a big deal" about it is gonna do shit to their reputation
lol face it man you are just not that important. You're one dude. You won't even make a single headline, and nobody is gonna have sympathy on you because you're a cheater too.

Also, most colleges do have a thing in their own plagiarism rules stating that assisting in another cheating is against their policies as well.

Again, your petty revenge shit about your bruised ego is only gonna bite you in the ass lol. But by all means, please, make sure you post the results though. I wanna see you come back here when you get schooled by your institution for cheating and admitting to it. You'll really have the last laugh then.
>>
File: 1475088768169.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1475088768169.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>>18364110
>Me a broke college student, will sue the multi million dollar college when I have absolutely no valid damages for them to pay out for
lol oh my god please do. I can't wait.
>>
>>18364110
He would be committing plagiarism since he would be taking someone else's work and passing it off as his own. You on the other hand would be guilty of fraud, which is illegal. You are using a misrepresentation as a way to achieve a financial gain by tricking a state insitution.
>>
>>18364139
Lol shhh let OP get himself a court date. Let him get his sweet revenge and get his buddy an F while he pays court costs and risks jail time
>>
I just checked and my school has much more lenient plagiarism penalties. It is just a fine for a first time offense. Even if I did get in trouble I would only have to pay $100, so I am in the clear. Sorry to rain on your self righteous parades. This kid is getting his life ruined if he doesn't pay me, end of story
>>
>>18364149
The guy probably got an F on the paper already anyways. The reasoning I've seen so far is highschool disjointed crazy bs. Probably more a of a business learning lesson for this guy anyhow. Deposits and underwriting are part of risky transactions. Sounds like OP owes this guy for teaching him a valuable business lesson.
>>
>>18364158
It's your funeral
>>
Apparently in Florida its a second degree misdemeanor to sell a paper. New York also has a similar law. I'm certain there are more states
>>18364158
Lol k,
enjoy your ruined life with a criminal record while he get's an F. That'll sure show him.

Man, I hope he does his research and knows he can blackmail you with legal trouble if you fuck with him
>>
>>18364036
>Colleges usually make a big deal about plagiarism so I am seeking the harshest punishment.
Lmao what
>>
>>18364177
Right? dude must be a freshman and bought into the stern talking to they give you about how bad plagiarism is and you'll totes get in a toooon of trouble if you do it, so don't.

OP don't realize it's the same thing as your parents telling you if you ever smoke a marijuana all your skin will fall off and you'll go blind so don't ever ever ever do it son.
>>
>>18364110
>I have all the papers I wrote plus the text messages and emails.
"Uh, yeah, I borrowed his computer to write the papers because mine broke. That's why he has them. He's just mad because I fucked his girlfriend and is trying to get petty revenge on me. Those text messages and emails? Doctored. I never sent those, and he can't prove I did without subpoenaing my phone company anyway. Dean sir, who are you going to believe, me a student who pays you 30k a year, or some asshole who doesn't even go here trying to get at me?"
>>
File: 1459971564061.jpg (28KB, 533x388px) Image search: [Google]
1459971564061.jpg
28KB, 533x388px
>>18364158
>his life ruined
Man, getting a slap on the wrists is really gonna ruin that poor kids life.
Sure showed him OP, you're a big man. Enjoy the 100$ dent in your wallet, you sure owned it buddy. Idk how on earth this guy will ever recover from his dean saying "Bruh don't do it again".
Must be a fate worse than death.
>>
>>18364197
Lol, hes going to college jail with no parole.
>>
>>18364221
Gonna have to get him a college prison wife. The poor poor man.
>>
>>18364197
Lol no. They make it a big deal. He has to go to an academic dishonesty hearing where he can plead his case. Hard to defend 5 plagiarized papers written by me, plus the others he's had plagiarized by others which I will let them know about, but sure he'll get away with that. If he got the lightest penalty of one F for each class, it'll have plagiarism next to it on his transcript forever. Lmao, he'll just pay me though so it's cool
>>
>>18364036
You did something against the university's rules, plagiarism, and the guy stiffed you. There's isn't much you can do. It's like when a drug dealer doesn't give you your full gram, but you can't do anything because the drug deal is illegal to begin with. Suck it up and move on. Also, start being smarter - ask for the cash upfront, then give him his paper. If you have a reputation for fulfilling your side of the deal, ie meeting the page count, getting a decent grade, and proper citations, etc., then no one will question it. Besides, it's a seller's market - they're coming to you, probably desperate to meet the term paper's deadline so they don't fail out, which gives you the position of power.
>>
>>18364036
Also, if you go telling his university about the plagiarism, think it through first. They're going to ask you how you know. Tell them he stole it from you somehow, and that you can prove it's your paper by going through the argument with the professor - showing that you understand the material and that it's your work here. That's the best thing you can go with, otherwise you're probably going to jeopardize your education just over a measly $100. Think about it.
>>
>>18364282
Dont do it man. His college can still add you to the plagiarism black list. You can get in trouble at your own college as this would set a precedent for what your character is and all of your own writing would come into question. Its only 60 bucks lost. Does that suck, yes? But not as much as it would suck to get screwed out of your own degree/ not being able to attain certification or licensure in your own field.
>>
>tl;dr OP is retarded
>>
For any business transaction like this you should require the full payment upfront. Its your fault for being fucking naive and giving the paper before he gave you $100. I wouldnt have given you more than $15 in his situation because I already got what I wanted.
>>
Look crack heads don't get credit they earn it ...if he doesn't pay his money is no good but if he gets an A he will be back the tax his bitch ass
>>
Report him anonymously. Tell his uni that you sell reports for money and that he failed to pay and thus you are snitching on him. They wont like you but if you do it anonymously they cant do anything about it. Give them pieces of the paper or better yet send them the whole thing without your name on it to prove youre not lying. Doing so would mean either the guy who didnt pay you took credit for your work, or shared it with you - both are considered plaigarism.

Make sure you stress the fact that hes a scumbag and dishonest and that youre only doing this because he didnt honor his agreement. Do not reveal your identity under any circumstances, they will press you to do so but refuse.

Worst case scenario nothing happens and douchebag gets put through a fuckload of bullshit and has all his work scrutinized forever. Best case scenario he gets thrown out of school.
>>
>>18364282
Kek yeah they claim to do that at my school too
(spoiler, they don't actually do anything.)

Its all smoke and mirrors dude. Man your bruised ego is so funny, you're willing to ruin yourself just to get some smug little revenge you're not even gonna get lol.
>>
>>18364036

Lesson learned, your cheating friend doesn't pay up as he promised, shocking. probably not worth losing a friend over 50-60 bux though, and sounds like a nice scam when it works.

Next time, agree to get a mutual friend who receives the money in advance and holds the money until work done, then transfers to you. Hopefully this resolves disputes but in event they come up, Mutual Friend resolves them.

If youre a good/fast writer, you might be able to get a nice side business going with your deadbeat friend and other similarly deadbeat acquaintances. Always get the money held by 3rd party beforehand.
>>
what happens to dealers who report their customers to the cops because they failed to pay them?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.