[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan has poisoned my mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2697.jpg (1MB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2697.jpg
1MB, 4000x2250px
I first started browsing 4chan when I was 13 and at the peak of my depression/suicidal/edgy phase and when I lost all my friends. Ironically it helped me from killing myself for a good two years and got me into a semi-"normal" phase.

Now I'm 18 and I'm still depressed, but I can't seem to leave this site. It's extremely foolish to admit but my opinions and world vision have been warped and poisoned by everything I've read from here (especially r9k)

I'm a female (yes, I know what you're thinking) started to think of how all my interests are actually vapid, how I'm not a real gamer, how I shouldn't express myself because guys hate feminism or other ideas etc. it's come to the pout where I only trust 4chan for help/advice (hence why I'm posting here) and am extremely dubious of other information online, and think about how all guys look down on me, how other people perceive me. Also I start to judge people for how "shallow" they are as they're only into mainstream things etc.

Left this site for a few months this year but came back when I felt fucking depressed again.

Sometimes I wish I never met this site and would never have become so jaded and disgusted with myself.

TLDR; My mind has been "poisoned" by 4chan and I want to purge it all.
>>
I know how you feel, but idk I still think that though a lot of my opinions do align with some of what you're saying
(men hate feminism, because be real they do. But being a normal human being with an opinion is not feminism just because I'm a woman, I know that.)

Anyway, you were able to leave once, that's good. I go through the stages too. I leave this shit hole, and come back when I'm down. Hell, thats the only reason I'm on it today, first time in months, because tonight I was feeling particularly lonely and had no friends who would even be awake this late at night to comfort me.

But, that is the solution, taking breaks. Its ok to come back, this place is kinda like a drug. You don't quit cold turkey. Just make sure your stays are brief, and then return to the real world. And while you're out in the real world, just remind yourself to take it in. That's reality. This is a place where people hide behind their computer screens, and say the shit they would NEVER have the balls to say irl. People come here to vent and work out frustration, usually on other people. Most of what you see on here, I honestly believe is not "real" people.
That neckbeard screaming about how all women are whores? I'm certain is a stand up guy 90% of the time out in the real world. Everyone gets frustrated, and when people get frustrated they get ugly. It happens. Even I come here to blatantly troll because it does give me some weird closure.
Anyway, I digress, this place isn't real. So don't take the majority of your opinions off here, it's not based in reality.
Its ok to come back to us every now and then, but don't set up your life here. That's bad news. When you need a little validation, come on board. Once you get it though, get off asap.
>>
>>18364013
How and why does this site make you feel jaded and disgusted with yourself?
>>
>>18364013
It's great that you've recognized the toxic nature of 4chan. That's one step already done. The next step is to formulate a plan of action that is future proof.

For me, I started by blocking r9k on my main pc. R9k is is the worst, you can feel yourself getting dumber as you hang around bitter pathetic people who have no intentions to improve themselves. Hang around people like that, and you absorb their bs whether you believe it or not. I haven't been there for over a year and a half, and things are getting better.

I also blocked /adv/ on my main pc, and now browse rarely on my phone. Also helped my mental state.

I don't think you need to abandon this site entirely, just try to stop going to bad places like r9k and pol.
>>
>>18364013
>can't handle 4chan
this place is normie as fuck now
s4s is the only board left that's good

I think you're taking yourself too seriously.
>>
File: thug firest.jpg (126KB, 640x641px) Image search: [Google]
thug firest.jpg
126KB, 640x641px
youre not "poisoned" by 4chan. your activities, hobbies, and other things you enjoy are displaced by 4chan. If I asked you what your hobbies and interests have been over the past few years, if youre anything like me, youre gonna come to 2 conclusions
>nothing
or
>i used to do this particular hobby, but i quit because i found it embarassing, or humiliating

The first choice coming from the idea that internet browsing has taken up your hobbies because of its quick accessibility, low amount of skill required to browse, and your camaraderie with other anonymous users have caused you to make a certain type of bond with them, or the idea of a character or group of characters.

The second choice stems from a type of group thinking of "if a certain amount of people (i.e. 4chan) think that this particular hobby is considered lame, dumb, or ridiculous, i can just stop that hobby and find something that has the approval of everyone else (4chan). Obviously that is not gonna be a good way of thinking because 4chan is visited by so many people that everyone is gonna hate everything.

As for purging 4chan, you cant, because removing something youve done for years just puts you back where you started, i.e. your depression and suicidal thoughts coming back. A void was created between your 13 year old self, and you now. What you have to do is replace 4chan, or internet culture in general, with other interests and hobbies that YOU enjoy. Once you find your own happiness that isnt dictated by an internet hate machine hivemind, you can begin to control your own life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB8RXgpvmk4
>>
>>18364013
4chan isn't your problem. being ugly is. A girl can only fail at social life is he's ugly.
>>
>>18364235
this x100
>>
>>18364013
>4chan has poisoned my mind
Literally not a thing. Stop using 4chan as an excuse. Your mind was already poisonous when you came here, otherwise you'd have just laughed 4chan's bullshit off. You believed it because deep down, you kind of thought the same way
>>
File: forever.png (258KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
forever.png
258KB, 600x439px
>>18364013
>>
>>18364013
That's what I thought, then I found other sites. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention them. Google them.
>>
File: 1491605872792.jpg (17KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1491605872792.jpg
17KB, 472x472px
>>18364013
You're here forever. I've been in the same boat as you. Apologize me if I'm wrong but do you look up to other users as if they were the friends you never had? If yes, realize they're just shitposters and only make posts for attention. The true friends you're thinking of don't hang out on 4chan anymore. They've gone to other imageboards. You should focus on post content rather than socializing here. Your friends are the ones who make neutral posts and don't get carried away by norms on 4chsn. Think about it. Greentexting, frogposting etc are all "culture" of r9k. You should strive to make your own posts. There's a 99% chance this won't make sense to you so I hope with this I can hit a bullet with another.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.