[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do people cope with being unattractive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1495376937566.png (382KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495376937566.png
382KB, 600x450px
inb4 'looks aren't everything'. I'm not talking about sex or romance seeing as anyone can settle though that arena is important; I'm talking about day to day life.

People will say 'how you carry yourself is more important' (personality, manners) but let's cut the B.S. That's mandatory even for attractive
people and having them just makes them better. If you're unattractive the only hope is that people will always consider you ugly at first and then perhaps get 'comfortable' with you. You will never however be able to enjoy being adored by others, being complimented by your children's friends when you become an adult.

How can anyone wake up every day for 80 years as an unattractive asian/african minority when they could end their life and hope to be reincarnated as a beautiful white woman?
>>
>>18363118

The majority of the world's population is average looking. We all live with our flaws one way or another. If you truly are objectively unattractive then having a complex about it is only going to make you that much more unattractive. Stop giving a shit. No one will ever care as much about your looks as you do.
>>
People who don't cope don't really stick around past their 20s.
>>
be miserable for the rest of your life
be miserable until you're rich and can offset sexual attraction with money
kill yourself

these are the only options you have. ignore the other retard who said "stop giving a shit." there is nothing more important than how attractive you are when it comes to first impressions, and these impressions usually define your relationship with any given person.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect

tl;dr: you can't cope with it.
>>
>>18363127

The problem isn't that people treat me badly but rather that you won't be treated that little bit special.

I've seen how my African family (who I mostly don't like) compliment one of my mother's friends who married a white guy and has beautiful teen kids.

I've seen how my cousin treats my mother's friends daughter whose biracial.
>>
File: 1418826394693.png (28KB, 256x352px) Image search: [Google]
1418826394693.png
28KB, 256x352px
>>18363133
ugly people on suicide watch
>>
then fix yourself, stop whining if you're fat then go exercise, if you have a big forehead grow bangs, if you look dead wear make up.. idk do something if you can't deal with it then change something
>>
>>18363118
i used to be shit face ugly as a kid but i learned how to look prettier by observing other students and models. but i was a cute baby. just a horrible puberty.
>>
>>18363133
>oh god I cited a Wikipedia article

>I'm a fucking PhD. psychologist let me tell you how to live your life but also include "kill yourself" in my post

you should definitely get laid and get the hell of the internet for a bit

>you're just upset that I'm right

yeah man you got it
>>
>>18363829
I second this. Taking care of yourself can make you look attractive, and some people don't even care much about your attractiveness. I never realized these things when I was a kid. They sounded like phony, false consolations, but they're definitely true.
>>
>>18363118
People cope with it by obtaining money and/or status.
>>
>>18363904

True but as I said, they would most certainly have a positive reception to someone more attractive.
>>
File: 1440460134913.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1440460134913.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
>>18363118
>the last line

10/10 would read again
>>
As an ugly person I cope by taking care of major physical flaws (e.g. exercising, getting bangs) and finding other things to like about myself than the way I look. The reason you want that "little bit special" from other people is there's nothing holding you up from the inside. Devote yourself to something.
>>
>>18363118
Fat ugly guy here. My body is ruined and my youth is gone. I honestly have no hope of ever being attractive. Being so unattractive for my entire life has honestly chewed away my soul to the point where there's really nothing left. I go through the motions with most everything in my life and am barely hanging onto my existing friendships. I think about killing myself every single day. I see happy thin attractive people and I wonder how I could ever be strong enough to achieve that and how much of a waste my pathetic life is.
>>
>>18363883
Not an argument.
>>
>>18363127
Maybe that because other people won't have to deal with your looks for their entire lives? That's like saying stop giving a shit about cancer nobody will care about your cancer as much as you do well no fucking shit!
>>
i cope with it like i cope with everything bad in my life: i ignore it and when i cant any more i run as fast as i can using any escapism avaiable. works like a charm.
>>
Ugly people are good at their job and are liked by the people that need them
>>
>>18363133
Except this only matters on a first impression basis and that can be changed by merely interacting with the person and showing a positive likeable personality, it won't work every time of course, as some people put too much emphasis on physical beauty and embrace that shallowness, but not everyone is like that, plenty of people can look beyond that and judge you on your character, that and having a healthy in shape body can definitely influence the outcome and balance the unfortunate appearence.

Its gonna be tough, the feeling of being ugly will always haunt those that are, but happiness and loving parts of yourself aren't out of the question.
>>
Have you ever seen a rich guy with no girlfriend or friends jerk face now go get rich bitch
>>
>tfw ugly white woman
>>
>>18365230
Yes. And one of them was relatively known here on 4chan.
>>
>>18365387
And he gets worshipped on /r9k/.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1amzQNbX50u
>>
>>18365348
I doubt that. Post pic.
>>
>>18363118
You are basically asking how people cope with having bad luck? Well they either dont give a fuck because they can't do anything about it and move on (and you should too) or they feel miserable and live a shorter life.

I guess advice on how to not give a fuck depends on your personality. If you are more of a introverted person: Get some experience by interacting with people. This will definitely heal your desire to be adored by them.
>>
>>18364992
Until they are not needed anymore?

This is bad advice for ugly people.
>>
Plastic surgery is an option if you really can't stand being ugly
>>
Going through the same thing. Exercise, get a hair consultation, get some skincare.

If you believe you'll still be ugly after that,
https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/body-dysmorphic-disorder-bdd/

Honestly, I lived most of my life believing I looked like jabba the hut, actually tried to check out early a couple of years back.

Turns out, regardless of how I actually look, being obsessed with how I look isn't normal. Some pills and therapy later, I'm managing. Some days, I still think I look absolutely hideous, but it's easier to deal with now. I'm happier.
>>
>>18363118
>that last line

Pro tip: Every other race thinks you age like shit and while you look good young, you look fucking awful at older ages. Like a raisin that got beat with a hammer.

To answer your original question, I wouldn't know. I assume you just accept that you are ugly and stop paying attention to it.
>>
>>18364455
Motivation anon. You literally can do almost anything to make yourself look better as long as you apply yourself and dont quit. Get a Haircut, improve hygene, etc.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.