[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interview Panic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 1424307476211.gif (683KB, 213x210px) Image search: [Google]
1424307476211.gif
683KB, 213x210px
I've got a job interview in about 2 hours and im kind of panicking. Its for a job in the kitchen at hooter
>printed out resume from make a resume website
>combed my hair and shaved
is there anything im missing guys essentials?
>>
Check their Wikipedia for the basic info. (So, what do you know about Hooters?...)

Wear aftershave and dress well regardless of the role you're going for. Other than that, try not to sperg out and take it slow.
>>
>>18361560
lookup questions they might ask you on glassdoor (just google your job title, the company and glassdoor) and research what to say. Interviews like most things in life go a lot better if you are relaxed.
>>
>>18361560
OP here
the interview was pushed back to tuesday but thanks now i know what to expect
>>
>>18361560
Have someone very smart or accomplished read your resume and edit it.

Read their menu and be ready to answer basic questions about food prep, such as min internal temp for chicken steak or ground beef.

Stay calm and smile, focus on getting the person to feel relaxed and comfortable around you while seeming knlwedable about the processes.

Try to convey that you like face paced work and love cooking. I'm sure they want to feel like you will do well under pressure.
>>
Upload your resume and cover letter here so we can critique it. You can erase any identifying information first if you want.
>>
HOW DID IT GO OP? GREENTEXT PLZ
>>
File: 1491519469869.png (312KB, 460x352px) Image search: [Google]
1491519469869.png
312KB, 460x352px
>>18361560
>>18361567
>>18362534
>>18362557

Also, lets keep in mind that this is for a job microwaving hot wings at Hooters. I think as long as you understand basic English and remember to wear pants to the interview the job is as good as yours.
>>
>>18362574
Most cooks I've known from restaurants for corporate places were Spanish or bilingual.
>>
>>18362557
uhh you guys wont steal my information will you?
>>18362563
ill green text it tomorrow since i didnt get to interview today
>>
File: Resume pic.jpg (184KB, 1647x865px) Image search: [Google]
Resume pic.jpg
184KB, 1647x865px
>>18362557
>>
>>18362574
yeah the reason they told me to comeback tomorrow is because the they were short handed and the manager had to pitch in so i think im a shoe in for the job
on another not i really hope to make some friends out of my co-workers in the kitchen since im pretty much alone in the city
>>
>>18362595
Terrible.

Get ride of the summary section and hobbies section. Start with your education with your most recent degree listed first like this.
A.A. degree, xyz college. 2016
Highschool diploma, xyz high, 2015

For your waiter job, use bullet points and expand it by the duties you performed.
-Cash handling, receiving customers payments in cash and credit cards and entering them into the point of sales system.
-greeting customers and describing new menu items using a variety is sales technjques.
-coordinating with back of the house staff and managers to provide a smooth customer experience.
-Making descriptive product recommendations.

Describe what duties you were doing, steal from other resumes descriptions if you have to.
>>
>>18362653
thanks for the feed back i made that shit with a resume maker website iim a noob ive never done this before
>>
>>18362679
Google waiter resume and cook resume. Save the best few examples you find and build on them. Compress it down to 1 page. For the dish washing thing you can say generic bs duties like provide excellent customer service or assist kitchen staff. Put it in a word document. If you don't have word, download open office on your computer and use that.

Your references for work should have the address and phone number. If you take it really seriously you should try to make a friend of one of the managers at a job and ask for a letter of recommendation. Like if you get along well with one of them, tell them you are going for a job and it would help a ton if you had a letter mentioning that you are skilled and reliable. This works well with professors too. It's best if you plan this though. Like if you really want to be a cook, go into a community college class for cooking with the intention of wowing the shit out of the professor. Give 110%, be positive and then say hey, a few places are kind of interested in hiring me, would you mind writing a letter of recommendation for me?
>>
>>18362595
>I have only
>High School High School
>no date at Desi's
>my hobbies include a variety of activities
>weight lifting

its a major clusterfuck OP, good luck
>>
>>18362595
Remove the hobbies section, it's not relevant. Take out the part in your cover letter where you say you want to move away from restaurant work, it's not what an employer wants to hear. You may want to add a list of skills like able to pick up new responsibilities quickly, good customer service skills, etc.
>>
>>18362595
>two pages
>take up half a page just to describe your education
you arent gonna make it
if you pay me 20$/hour, we can go over your resume and I will literally triple your success rate. I'm a verified success at this, I've helped people become leads for teams they only hoped to join.
>>
>>18362755
yeah i made two seperate resumes for each type of jobs ive applied for
>>
>>18362770
Global rule 11
>>
File: Resume pic.jpg (112KB, 1088x800px) Image search: [Google]
Resume pic.jpg
112KB, 1088x800px
>>18362770
>>18362729
>>18362726
ok ive redone it
>>
>>18362845
10x better but still 2 pages
you diffrent fonts throughout
objective is dumb, replace with summary that implies you know what you are doing "skilled waiter with expert customer service experience"
then go over it ten more times and fix all of the tiny problems i cant even go into
your resume should look beautiful at first glance
then gain a sack and get some ambition beyond being a waiter
enjoy your life
>>
>>18362861
well its really gonna be a temp job till i can find something better or till the summer ends which ever comes first
>>
File: ressss.jpg (55KB, 454x540px) Image search: [Google]
ressss.jpg
55KB, 454x540px
>>18362845
Take mine as a template

You need to do a total overhaul of your resume.
Get a basic template for Microsoft Word.
Needs to be one page.
All the starts of bullet points, all capital letters.
Start dates need to be symetrical and start essentially the same imaginary line
Better objective.
Use smaller font if thats what it takes for one page
>>
>>18362890
look at this op
this is what im talking about
literally a piece of modern art id hang on my wall
this guy pays attention to detail
>>
File: datshark.gif (3MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
datshark.gif
3MB, 400x400px
>>18362899
t-thanks
>>
File: Resume pic.jpg (260KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Resume pic.jpg
260KB, 1920x1080px
>>18362890
ok i think i understand now what i should be aiming for hows this
>>
>>18363032
Much better. Improve attention to detail
>try to make SKILLS one line each
>Edit font or font size to make "waiter-desi's..." line just one line
>Make sure all the bullet points start with capital.
>experience IMO should be most recent at top, same with education
>clean cut email and phone very nice
>good on references
>both objectives sentences start with "I", change that somehow
>change 'knowledgeable in spanish' to fluent in spanish
>edit objective, that empty space in the middle looks ugly

much better though. Good luck.

And since you're aiming for a waiter job, objective isn't really necessary. More necessary for big boy jobs, not summer tier jobs.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.